+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By robburgoon
  • 1 Post By CharleyH
  • 3 Post By robburgoon

Thread: crashed at Perris

  1. #1
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,862
    Liked
    1430 times

    Default crashed at Perris

    Olitho likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member CharleyH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    305
    Liked
    155 times

    Default

    Slap on some duct tape and get back out there for the next heat.....
    Olitho likes this.

  3. #3
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,476
    Liked
    2265 times

    Default

    You and a lot of other people! James Brown and I went to the dirt track in Ventura to watch a little round-round racing last night. The modified were great fun to watch.

    Are you OK? How bad is the car?

  4. #4
    http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,647
    Liked
    2422 times

    Default

    Wow.

    I counted 2s from the time the car was stationary to the corner worker communicating with the driver to see if they were OK. Say what you want about relative "simplicity" of dirt circle track but clearly they have the logistics and training of emergency response down pretty well after 80-odd years of practice.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

    Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

  5. #5
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,862
    Liked
    1430 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Wow.

    I counted 2s from the time the car was stationary to the corner worker communicating with the driver to see if they were OK. Say what you want about relative "simplicity" of dirt circle track but clearly they have the logistics and training of emergency response down pretty well after 80-odd years of practice.
    That was me yelling at the guy I was nose to nose with, haha. I tried to edit that out and missed.

    Although the rescue response was still pretty fast.

  6. #6
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,862
    Liked
    1430 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    You and a lot of other people! James Brown and I went to the dirt track in Ventura to watch a little round-round racing last night. The modified were great fun to watch.

    Are you OK? How bad is the car?
    Eh, head hurts a little, but neck and everything else is fine. Cheers to the folks who invented containment seats and hans.

    And yeah, these cars are awesome.

    Olitho, bawareca and Loose Caboose like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member fatbillybob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    by the beach
    Posts
    1,934
    Liked
    1541 times

    Default

    But to me the untrained it looked like the thread title should be changed from "crashed in perris" to "I got crashed out in Perris."

  8. #8
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,862
    Liked
    1430 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    But to me the untrained it looked like the thread title should be changed from "crashed in perris" to "I got crashed out in Perris."
    Well.... I could have avoided the wreck. If I wasn't on the brakes, the car might have been able to steer to the left like the car ahead of me did. Maybe.

    I think when I saw the cars ahead acting like a pileup was imminent and then I saw black car in the corner of my eye, I thought the black car was still wrecking doing 60, not 0.


    But I did manage to get my hands off the wheel in time, so I got that part right.

  9. #9
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,862
    Liked
    1430 times

    Default


  10. #10
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,862
    Liked
    1430 times

    Default


  11. #11
    RaceTape Ninja Force McCocken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    1,454
    Liked
    751 times

    Default

    Talledegaaaaa!

    Good footage. Glad you are OK.
    Yer pal,
    Force

  12. #12
    likes to left foot brake. passmenow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego.
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    80 times

    Default

    Your right rear just barely hooked the stationary black car...you were inches from escaping unscathed.
    Glad you are OK.
    74 911 RSR+.
    88 Imsa Camaro.
    93 Imsa Camaro.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts