• 8 Post By SteveLevin
  • 3 Post By ucfbrett
  • 2 Post By craZee
  • 2 Post By SteveLevin

Thread: FS: Home in Sunnyvale, CA

Liked
    574 times

Default FS: Home in Sunnyvale, CA

I know it's likely of little interest to anyone here, but you never know when someone has the friend of a friend...

Anyway, we're selling our home in Sunnyvale. It's about 2 miles due north of Apple Park (as well as Kaiser Santa Clara, which has been nice) and about the same distance south of the facilities Apple is using for Project Titan (as well as another 800,000 square feet of office they have leased).

The home is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, typical 1970's ranch home. Because we are just packing up, none of the freshening up has occurred yet, someone that jumped in could obviously influence that.

Steve
    Force McCocken likes this.

Liked
    2290 times

Good luck with sale. Sunnyvale properties go fast, from what I've been reading.

Liked
    179 times

3 bedroom ranch in Sunnyvale.... market value about three billion dollars

Where are you moving? You should clear enough to buy a small island in the South Pacific

Best of luck with the sale.

Charley
    Olitho and ucfbrett like this.

Liked
    574 times

Despite my parent's desires for us to return to the Valley, even having been here just the last 72 hours, it's clear that we wouldn't clear nearly enough bail money to live down here.

So we're looking at the Portland area -- probably one of the semi-rural areas east of the city where folks tend to have 3-10 acres or so. Not nearly as beautiful as what I had hoped to retire to, but then again, my plans never included needing to be close to major medical facilities (and I thought I'd work about 5 years longer).

But hey, I can't complain...it's not like I ever had to race a girly car like a Miata. Now THAT would have been a true tragedy

Steve
    Olitho, craZee, robburgoon and 5 others like this.

Liked
    671 times

Yeah, real estate market in the Valley follows the Norcal trend, it has been ridiculous this year. I cant believe the prices that some remains of homes are selling for. That is not going to end well, again.
    Good luck with the sale.

Liked
    88 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    Despite my parent's desires for us to return to the Valley, even having been here just the last 72 hours, it's clear that we wouldn't clear nearly enough bail money to live down here.

So we're looking at the Portland area -- probably one of the semi-rural areas east of the city where folks tend to have 3-10 acres or so. Not nearly as beautiful as what I had hoped to retire to, but then again, my plans never included needing to be close to major medical facilities (and I thought I'd work about 5 years longer).

But hey, I can't complain...it's not like I ever had to race a girly car like a Miata. Now THAT would have been a true tragedy

Steve
    One of the reasons I bought a home where I did when I moved South was good medical facilities being very close by because my family had a history of dying of heart attacks in their 50's. I could have bought twice the house and property a little farther inland but wanted short trip to hospitals. I had a heart attack earlier this year at 58 and if I wasn't so close and the staff wasn't good I'd be dead. I had neighbor drive me and drop me at emergency room because I knew it'd be quicker than waiting on ambulance.

Liked
    434 times

how about the garage and parking availabiltiy? might be relevant to this crowd.

I have a plan in motion to buy a house in 2 years, it just depends on where I can afford near a job. I would really like to move out of the Bay Area to Ventura or North San Diego, but the thought of Colorado has crossed mine mind too.
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter
    2016 KTM 690 Duke - parked at the dealer

Liked
    245 times

Portland is a good town, if not a bit weird. :-)

For racing, the SCCA Oregon Region is pretty solid with a very strong Spec Miata field. Also, ICSCC ("Conference") is also operating in that neck of the woods and races at tracks as far south as Portland and as far north as BC, Canada. I've raced with both organizations and think they're both good.

Good luck with selling your house!

Liked
    2290 times

Quote Originally Posted by b3d3g1 View Post

I have a plan in motion to buy a house in 2 years, it just depends on where I can afford near a job. I would really like to move out of the Bay Area to Ventura or North San Diego, but the thought of Colorado has crossed mine mind too.
    If you come to Ventura, you'll never want to leave. It's getting more expensive every year, but not like the Bay Area.

We love it here. Not much in the way of OEM automotive engineering companies here, though. Magnuson is here. Borla is in Oxnard and Wilwood is in Camarillo. There are also some defense companies because the naval bases Mugu and Port Hueneme.

Liked
    484 times

The home is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, typical 1970's ranch home.

If it's a "track" house, this is the logical place to advertise it! LOL

GLWS
    Olitho and CharleyH like this.

Liked
    574 times

Quote Originally Posted by b3d3g1 View Post

Colorado and Wyoming can definitely be cool, although there are not a ton of tracks nearby.

Cheyenne can be nice, and no state income tax (although Colorado's 5% isn't so bad) doesn't hurt, but you do have to put up with the wind, especially in the winter.
    On the flip side, except for a few really bad spots, it's a real step back into the past where people don't lock their doors and in supermarket parking lots it's not uncommon to see people leave diesel pickups idling (they might lock the doors with a second set of keys).

We lived about 10 miles (as the crow flies) from the center of town, in and amongst 5-40 acre ranches, and people actually acknowledged each other with a wave. And when I managed to high center my Yukon on a drift during a blizzard, it wasn't but 15 minutes, one of my neighbors I'd seen but didn't know stopped, said "I'll be back" and got his big tractor to pull me back. Then let me park at his place (which was closer to the main road), took me home in the blizzard, and on top of it, at 7:00am the next morning knocked on my front door and ran me back to my truck!

Now there's fancier places in Colorado for sure. Boulder is basically Berkeley in the Rockies, and Denver's a major city with everything that entails.

Boulder's definitely a place for a white Christmas, though.

Steve
    bawareca and b3d3g1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread