+ Reply to Thread

Thread: your eyes

Liked
    2 times

Default your eyes

we all know we are born with a set of eyes, and it's all we get.

i've had bad vision since i was in the third grade and its been getting worse. i've worn glasses ever since and then switched to contacts in the 9th grade. now i'm considering to get laser corrected vision. it's just been something i wanted to do because of the hassle of waking up looking for the glasses just to walk down the steers to put on my contacts. has anyone here gone through that process? i'm kind of scared of whatever side effects there might be through the laser. is there anyone you would recommend for this?

Liked
    0 times

One of my best friends had it done about a year ago and after his eyes healed, became a lot faster on his motorcycle.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    15 times

my parents have both had it done along with a couple of my employees at my old company. All have had great success with it.

Liked
    34 times

I've only heard good results from ppl that done it. But most of the ophthalmologist I've seen still wears contact or glasses. Maybe they don't trust anyone but themselves. From what I understand the risk is very minimal. however, if a mishap do occur, I don;t think the damage can be reverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by JC3D View Post
    One of my best friends had it done about a year ago and after his eyes healed, became a lot faster on his motorcycle.
    hey, just this benefit alone is worth the risk. hahaha

Liked
    6 times

I got zapped in 1999, and so far (knock on wood) I've had no side effects.

8 years ago I was tired not being able to see distances well. I also didn't like being so dependent on them because I was (am) pretty active. They were slipping off my face while playing tennis, knocked off my face while playing basketball, or fogging up while snowboarding. Without them I could see close, but not far, so even a tennis ball was blurry. Mountain biking and sports like that were dangerous with AND without glasses.

So I went to The Laser Eye Center in Ontario. My vision plan from work covered half and I paid the rest (about $1500). It took 8 seconds for one eye, 5 seconds for the other, and was totally painless. I was worried a bit but read up on the clinic and doctor (he did Tiger Wood's eyes among several pro athletes and racers). Since then, I've had my eyes checked every year and they're still 20/20.

Some said you see halos around bright lights at night, but I don't have any trouble with that. Good in the day, night, etc.

IMHO, it was definitely worth it.

+ Reply to Thread