+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Wow! My wife is Incredible!

Liked
    114 times

Default Wow! My wife is Incredible!

SO, I've been building a couple of cars over the last couple of years as a way to stay occupied during my "recovery". I've learned to fabricate, weld, design-everything except ecu tuning and electrical, which i've basically been leaving for my buddy to handle. Welp, he's seriously in demand for his skills these days, and I want to be able to say that I can build a car from mere parts to the tune.

Background on the wifey. Born and raised in Germany. Lived in a small village just north of the Hockenheim Ring in which she saw Piquet, and Senna win the G.P.s. Her first car-BMW 325 w/5 speed. Moved to U.S. at 19 and proceeded to get another 325 w/ 5 speed. I met her while working within Michelin's Motorsports group, she in Marketing Research. Told me she drove a CRV. Didn't think twice until I saw/heard it (Focal speakers, WHAT?). Tastefully hooked up! Yup-Love at first sight (for me anyway)!

Now that we've established she's a car girl, and I can pretty much talk to her about anything car-related, I told her I needed to learn how to properly tune my own vehicles, she got me this....

20131227_110025.jpg

I said I needed the proper procedures for the initial start-up and this book's got it! She also said that she could send me to EFI school! I said NO-too much money. I'm going to read/comprehend this book first.

The ONLY thing that would have made this offer perfect is if she still had her German accent when she said it!

Young dudes on this forum. Word to the wise- CHOOSE CAREFULLY!
    Last edited by 2GRX7; 12-27-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Liked
    2242 times

This:

Liked
    854 times

I couldn't help but think about the stunning Sabine Schmitz, the photogenic frauline of Nordschleife fame.

Sabine at the ring, tuned Porsche GT2 vs Caterham CSR260 - YouTube
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 12-27-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    ucfbrett and Pure EvoIX like this.

Liked
    366 times

I already have one money sucking vampire parked in the garage I don't need another :'(
    bellwilliam likes this.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2GRX7 View Post
    You guys make it sound like easy and straightforward task with a huge chance for success
    Last edited by bawareca; 12-28-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    114 times

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    You guys make it sound like easy and straightforward task with a huge chance for success
    COMMENTARY:

Well, the fact of the matter is you don't marry body parts, for one thing, and it does say, "choose carefully"! ;-)

I've noticed living out here in L.A., so many people get caught up in a specific look. They usually want the straight up and down, big "bolt ons" look for a girl. And once you get this girl, you tend to find out that every other dude before you (yes, probably a few) with your specific "type" in common spoiled the sh!t out of her just trying to keep her. You eventually find yourself resenting this girl later on because you chose to continue on this path of spoiling said girl (probably getting very little in return). I know of them because I'd be the one hire them for the events a number of my past employers may have put on.

Most of these girls will continue to play the game with me while working for me, while a few would just spill the beans on their "sucker posy". Sad.

So, you're playing the "game", getting screwed-over by these girls, and slowly becoming numb to the whole relationship thing. Not really a "game" anymore, huh?

Anyway, the other woman that, while beautiful, doesn't fit into the "L.A. look", are blown off by men and get pissed just to eventually reason to themselves on the harsh realities of living here. They're the ones that take the time to really understand men and what they need to truly make them happy so that when the right one comes along, they're going to keep him.

It's only when a guy, tired of playing the "game" makes a concerted effort to leave this game behind (clubs, girls and enabler dudes) will you be open to a real life partner. That's when you find out if you can really live with a persons' idiosyncrasies for the rest of your life. It's also when you figure out if a girl complements YOUR short-comings!

Hey, marriage ain't for everyone. Now-a-days, we as a society are becoming crazy selfish-not wanting to give on anything, so you've got to consider this as well. Are you a selfish bastard,LOL?!!

Don't get me wrong, living in various cities throughout the U.S., I've seen people get into this body type thing everywhere. I even had a dude that had a girl that he had nothing in common with, average looking (for him) but had THE perfect big, round, wine glass sitting on top of ass he'd ever seen, and didn't want to let her go. ABUSED! It's just that there seems to be fewer body types out there. Just sayin'. Hey, Michelangelo never sculpted/painted a skinny chick (when he actually did sculpt/paint a woman)!

Anyway, the point is BROADEN YOUR HORIZONS!

Commentary over.
    bawareca and Force McCocken like this.

Liked
    641 times

^^^If that was for me,I have found my soulmate around 20 years ago.But I am a bit worried for the younger guys,and as you say around L.A. mentioned problems may be worse than in most places.

Liked
    2165 times

I suggest all the guys on TrackHQ just date other TrackHQ guys. Problem solved. Of course this recommendation will be easy for the Miata drivers and hardest for the Corvette racers. ;-)
    LagunaBlueS2k, jimt and bawareca like this.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    114 times

Actually, bawareca, agreeing with you and then going on a rant! LOL! I'm thinking it's real hard to find someone if you're under 30. Other places I've lived, one tends to see different cultures wanting different types of women. Here in L.A., it's just one type, and it doesn't matter if you're black, white, asian, etc. To me, that's a little strange.

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    I suggest all the guys on TrackHQ just date other TrackHQ guys. Problem solved. Of course this recommendation will be easy for the Miata drivers and hardest for the Corvette racers. ;-)
    Now,if we could only foresee what the 3rd generation will look like

Liked
    142 times

Sorry not into sausage. Any woman that is willing to support you in whatever you do is a keeper.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    2165 times

I still have my Corvette and just installed a new 355mm AP Racing Brake Kit on today.

Tomorrow I pick up my new Miata track car.

Does that make me bisexual?
    bawareca and Loose Caboose like this.

Liked
    744 times

Didn't marry until I was 33. I never liked playing the 'game' and have been rather blunt and succinct in my dealings in those matters to a negative fault. This one happened by accident. It almost didn't pan out after we married, but we both realized our own faults and worked through them together. Gimme a straight shooter kind of girl with honest features. The heavily-modded LA chicas were pretty ugly to me.
    2GRX7 and bawareca like this.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    704 times

. . . hardest for the Corvette racers. ;-)
    That's a lot of tangled gold chain and chest hair.
    jimt likes this.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    Didn't marry until I was 33. I never liked playing the 'game' and have been rather blunt and succinct in my dealings in those matters to a negative fault. This one happened by accident. It almost didn't pan out after we married, but we both realized our own faults and worked through them together. Gimme a straight shooter kind of girl with honest features. The heavily-modded LA chicas were pretty ugly to me.
    Haha! Now, aren't you happy you got outta L.A., Force? Now you can "say it like it is" w/o feeling like you're hurting everyones' feelings. As a born/raised NYer', I miss this.

Liked
    744 times

Eh, never been one to worry much about hurting someone's feelings. I'm from MI. My wife is also, but an entirely different part. Am I glad to be out of CA? In many ways, yes, but I do miss my friends and the car culture.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    854 times

Oli, are you implying that 'vette guys are unattractive?

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Oli, are you implying that 'vette guys are unattractive?
    Only if you don't like the hair on the chest and not on the head.....
    redtopz and bawareca like this.

Liked
    854 times

I still have my Corvette and just installed a new 355mm AP Racing Brake Kit on today.

Tomorrow I pick up my new Miata track car.

Does that make me bisexual?
    Yes. Unless one of the cars has an automatic transmission - in which case you would be considered trans-sexual.
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    2165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Yes. Unless one of the cars has an automatic transmission - in which case you would be considered trans-sexual.
    I just picked up the car. I am a man-sexual with five different positions and I can backup, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast