+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wing Failure at VIR Going 140+mph

Liked
    47 times

The wires help but its not the optimal solution like matt was saying about the effect on the wing. But like anything you can go fast on hobbled together stuff. For me, knowing the loads GOOD aero parts endure, I would do it right. On my eclipse I'm guilty, when I started out I just needed some quickie rear DF so we slapped a bolt on wing on it... then as things progressed it comes to a point where you have to redo the mounts properly if you're going to move forward.

These time attack cars are getting very very fast.
    Andrew M Brilliant
    Aerodynamicist / Race Engineer

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer_drew View Post
    The wires help but its not the optimal solution like matt was saying about the effect on the wing. But like anything you can go fast on hobbled together stuff. For me, knowing the loads GOOD aero parts endure, I would do it right. On my eclipse I'm guilty, when I started out I just needed some quickie rear DF so we slapped a bolt on wing on it... then as things progressed it comes to a point where you have to redo the mounts properly if you're going to move forward.

These time attack cars are getting very very fast.
    Andrew, I drive to the track so I really need to get full use of my trunk for tools and stuff...
    Do you have any suggestions or recommondations of how to improve the rigidity of the wing?
    I currently mount the wing on the edge of the trunk just like most S2000s with Voltex wing.
    Any info is appreciated
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2