+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Why shouldn't I buy an RX-7 race car?

Liked
    115 times

Drew, buddy. Nobody cares what you drive. You're expending a lot of energy here justifying your car. Save your energy for the track where you can get more seat time. That's all that matters right now.

As for your talk of the "cool kids club that spends a lot of money" ... That guy wasn't talking to you. He was responding to the original question of the thread. Speaking of ....
    Olitho, hakeem and redtopz like this.

Liked
    855 times

In my not so distant experience, white group has some very slow, indecisive drivers, so passing should be a good thing - with point byes.

Liked
    73 times

I didn't say I won anything and that was actually the intermediate group.. the point was.. I guess you missed the point.. So why don't some of you puckers that like to talk about how much money you spend on this **** go to the auction and buy a crown vic and race me in that? and then talk your ****.. and if you're so good why aren't you talking about how much you win rather than how much you spend?

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by slodrew View Post
    I didn't say I won anything and that was actually the intermediate group.. the point was.. I guess you missed the point.. So why don't some of you puckers that like to talk about how much money you spend on this **** go to the auction and buy a crown vic and race me in that? and then talk your ****.. and if you're so good why aren't you talking about how much you win rather than how much you spend?
    Maybe this is why no one talks to you at the track.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    73 times

Quote Originally Posted by agershon View Post
    Drew, buddy. Nobody cares what you drive. You're expending a lot of energy here justifying your car. Save your energy for the track where you can get more seat time. That's all that matters right now.

As for your talk of the "cool kids club that spends a lot of money" ... That guy wasn't talking to you. He was responding to the original question of the thread. Speaking of ....
    try pulling up to the paddock in my car and then tell me nobody cares what car I drive.. not that I really care but some people act down right insulted.. and why would I need to justify my car? is it not justified? and just for the record, it's not me that instigates the attitude. Like if I'm a beginner in the beginner group and I'm driving the slowest, least capable car of all the cars that are there, and I'm able to pass all the other guys in the group, why is it that 8 of 10 comments are ridiculing my car and telling me how ****ty my line was? Would it have been this way if I'd have bought the RX-7 you're driving now?

Liked
    73 times

Last edited by slodrew; 06-20-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Liked
    1477 times

slodrew - I don't know or care what kind of car you drive. But one think is for sure. You are a moron . . .
    redtopz likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    73 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    slodrew - I don't know or care what kind of car you drive. But one think is for sure. You are a moron . . .
    and you're a f'n cock sucker! **** you! I don't give a **** about you.. you could spend all the money in the world and you still wont have talent and you still wont be cool. You are exactly the type of dickhead I've been talking about

Liked
    73 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    one think is for sure? I am a moron? two thinks is for sure, you're a dickhead! and look! your name is even Richard. Is your last name Cranium?

Liked
    1477 times

one think is for sure? I am a moron? two thinks is for sure, you're a dickhead! and look! your name is even Richard. Is your last name Cranium?
    I rest my case . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    73 times

for all my biggest fans lol

Liked
    188 times

Man, TrackHQ has always been troll free... guess it was just a matter of time.
    redtopz likes this.

Liked
    977 times

This one escalated quickly.
    redtopz likes this.

Liked
    73 times

I get the point.. I don't belong here.. you guys f'n suck.. I don't even feel like f'n going back. I'm done... **** you guys! All of you guys! I'm not impressed! You're not that f'n cool.. you all can suck my f'n dick

Liked
    1429 times

gladiator.jpg

Liked
    421 times

try pulling up to the paddock in my car and then tell me nobody cares what car I drive.. not that I really care but some people act down right insulted.. and why would I need to justify my car? is it not justified? and just for the record, it's not me that instigates the attitude. Like if I'm a beginner in the beginner group and I'm driving the slowest, least capable car of all the cars that are there, and I'm able to pass all the other guys in the group, why is it that 8 of 10 comments are ridiculing my car and telling me how ****ty my line was? Would it have been this way if I'd have bought the RX-7 you're driving now?
    The beginner group is not meant to learn to drive your car. It's meant to get you comfortable in the race track environment. Once you know what you are supposed to do on the race track, you change to a different group and learn how to drive your car. Everyone in the beginner group has their heads up their ass. Once you pull your own head out of your ass, you'll see the light and move up to the next group and be the one getting passed until you learn how to drive your car properly. ANY car, yours included, is capable of being the fastest car in the beginner group or even the low intermediate group with only more driving experience.
    -Anthony
    1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
    2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 650LT - commuter
    2016 KTM 690 Duke - parked at the dealer

Liked
    2165 times

I get the point.. I don't belong here.. you guys f'n suck.. I don't even feel like f'n going back. I'm done... **** you guys! All of you guys! I'm not impressed! You're not that f'n cool.. you all can suck my f'n dick
    Slodrew, I suggest you take a breath and relax. No one here is judging you. I am not. Everyone has the car they can afford and like to drive. We all love driving first. The cars are secondary to that. You bring whatever you have and enjoy yourself. There is no need to feel defensive or feel like a second rate citizen. Just drive and enjoy yourself. I don't give a rats ass what you drive. A Crown Vic in novel and if you are having fun and learning that is all that counts.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    7 times

oh ok.. I didn't realize there was a threshold of how much you have to spend to be a cool guy at the track. I guess that's why I get the cold shoulder at the track by a lot of the guys even or especially when I'm passing guys in cars that they paid 50 times more for than I paid for mine lol! I feel like I win sometimes even when I'm getting passed by guys if I make it a lot harder for them than they think it should be.. here is the video from the first time I was ever on a track.. you don't see the guy in the Nissan GTR or any of the other guys that were in the yellow group that started behind me because none of them caught up to me..

Ummm. Slowdrew, I don't think you get it. Please go back and read my original comment in its context. I was simply agreeing with the Sheriff's comment about racing being expensive. I was illustrating a point (from experience) that essentially all forms of racing is expensive… even simple things like racing remote control cars and go karts.

By the way, I just read this entire thread and I have a few comments for you if you don't mind. 1) Go back and read the comments from everyone… there is a lot of good info that you can benefit from. People are actually trying to help you, but your are letting your ego and ignorance get the better of you. 2) The race track is not a cool guy club as you are implying. If you think it's going to be a fraternity, than you will be disappointed. We are all just trying to have fun and are caught up in our own little world. 3) Forums are a social animal. If you act socially, they are fun. If you act antisocially they are not fun. 3) Please don't hijack other peoples threads. 4) There are too many chips on peoples shoulders in the beginning groups. That is not fun for anyone. Try not to be that guy. 5) Have fun. Life is too short to be upset about imagined issues. 6) By the way, you wouldn't happen to be the guy whom used to post as Astralist would you (or similar name like that).
    Last edited by Ryneen; 06-21-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Liked
    73 times

I'm going to spend my time, energy, and money on things like locating a good deal on a Coyote engine and manual trans, installing them in the car, and looking for a good deal on a set of wider wheels - stuff I'd like to do whether I ever track the car again or not.

Liked
    73 times

I know some of you guys are totally cool and maybe my limited experience of entry level track days has subjected me to an inordinate amount of posers that are there with all their new high dollar gear and their I'm better than you attitudes. But, it doesn't end there. There are a lot of really big egos at the track and a lot of importance is placed on equipment and image. Do you guys notice that you're treated differently if you wear racing suit to the driver's meeting rather than your street clothes? The Crown Vic is like a pair of coveralls compared to a racing suit and I realize that. I don't expect anyone to think it's *****en and go out and buy one, and I don't expect anybody to pat me on the back but damn, I can hardly get a hello from most people.
    I'm sure if I was driving an older fox body Mustang everything would be different.. people would be a lot more cool lol.. and whether or not any of you see that or not, it's true.
    That being said, I'm through here. I know there are a lot of cool guys here and I'm sorry if I offended anyone that's actually cool, and if you're an A-hole and I offended you, good, **** you!

Peace

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast