+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Where the Z guys at? Buying advice needed.

Liked
    103 times

but then wouldnt a 370 just look like a porsche with round head lights? lol

Liked
    103 times

and then a 370 would look like GTR with round tail lights...

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    but then wouldnt a 370 just look like a porsche with round head lights? lol
    Actually, it would look a lot like a 911 from the front if it had round headlights.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1477 times

Round tailights:

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    103 times

well thats what im saying, i dont want a 370z 911 copy front end, and a GTR copy rear end LOL. you may not like the look of the odd lights, but honestly i do.

Liked
    855 times

with a decent oil cooler, the Z is more then fine on track. the suspension geo is really good so it handles well. its not earth crushing heavy at 3200-3300lbs. with power bolt ons, the car moves well and has a great note, i could only imagine the sound of a convertible 370 with intake and exhaust, it already sounds great with a roof. My 370's goal is a daily driver that can go to track days without issue and be fun. On the stock suspension it did great, and im about to put on KW V3s, alignment arms, and whiteline sways next week which should really make it fun while still being comfortable on track.
    Please let me know how these items work out. I have a stocker that may eventually see changes. Thanks.

Liked
    855 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    I have to say that I have quite a soft spot for the Versa. We rented one for my wife to take the Buttonwillow driving clinic a couple of years ago and I ran it around a bit in the afternoon... it was actually a hoot because you basically don't have to lift, ever. Almost as much fun as the Dukes-of-Hazzard-mobile was...

Steve
    Did you time it? Sub 2:35?

Liked
    58 times

looked at the clutch pedal... pulled that stupid helper spring gadget.... WAY better.

man that motor is crammed together... they are saying the LSx fits right in... even say the mag blower will find under the stock strut brace thing so its not the engine bay itself, but all the crap bolted on there. can't even get to the coil packs without pulling the top half of the engine apart.

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Round tailights:

Square taillights:

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    looked at the clutch pedal... pulled that stupid helper spring gadget.... WAY better.

man that motor is crammed together... they are saying the LSx fits right in... even say the mag blower will find under the stock strut brace thing so its not the engine bay itself, but all the crap bolted on there. can't even get to the coil packs without pulling the top half of the engine apart.
    yeah all the variable valve timing **** hanging off the motor, and the DOHC config takes up alot of space, a LS will fit easy with its simple designe and push rod heads

Liked
    58 times

Z1motorsports makes a 34 row cooler

the 34 with a thermostatic sandwich adapter i think would be best
    just order that kit.

who makes decent rotors? looks like they have one piece slotted for $200 a pair and DBA 2-pc for $610. looks like its better to just burn through the one pieces, no?

also.. carbotech 12s and 10s?

and WTF?? you can't adjust the alignment is these things?

Liked
    103 times

just order that kit.

who makes decent rotors? looks like they have one piece slotted for $200 a pair and DBA 2-pc for $610. looks like its better to just burn through the one pieces, no?

also.. carbotech 12s and 10s?

and WTF?? you can't adjust the alignment is these things?
    ive been running my stock one pieces still, all the years of spending money on my brembo rotors for my focus, im happy getting cheaper 1 piece rotors for the Z LMAO

12s and 10s might be a bit to aggressive, and a rear pad too aggressive likes to freak out the ABS. thats why i run stock rear pad but DTC 60 hawks up front. so maybe try 10s up front and stock rears.

yeah man your spoiled with your Vette LOL, 350s and 370s dont have front camber adjustment, the rear has tow different eccentric bolt points that can be used together to dial in different toe/camber, but they dont have alot of range. the rear has too much rear camber from the factory(-2), and has a really aggressive camber curve, so the car is actually ideal at -1.5 to -1.2 in rear, and gets good corner exit. but you can avoid rear arms from the get go and you your outside tire will be safe on track. the front though i would recommend some arms, theirs not alot of options, SPC makes some cost effective ones with good range, but the top locking nut design isnt the best, and can slip some times, the people who track with them over torque them from the tq spec given, but its seems to work. I run the Kinetix racing arms, they do not have as much range, but by design they cant slip. car doesnt need much static camber cause of the wishbone config, but dialing in some more static front camber with after market arms is a good idea

Liked
    58 times

ive been running my stock one pieces still, all the years of spending money on my brembo rotors for my focus, im happy getting cheaper 1 piece rotors for the Z LMAO

12s and 10s might be a bit to aggressive, and a rear pad too aggressive likes to freak out the ABS. thats why i run stock rear pad but DTC 60 hawks up front. so maybe try 10s up front and stock rears.

yeah man your spoiled with your Vette LOL, 350s and 370s dont have front camber adjustment, the rear has tow different eccentric bolt points that can be used together to dial in different toe/camber, but they dont have alot of range. the rear has too much rear camber from the factory(-2), and has a really aggressive camber curve, so the car is actually ideal at -1.5 to -1.2 in rear, and gets good corner exit. but you can avoid rear arms from the get go and you your outside tire will be safe on track. the front though i would recommend some arms, theirs not alot of options, SPC makes some cost effective ones with good range, but the top locking nut design isnt the best, and can slip some times, the people who track with them over torque them from the tq spec given, but its seems to work. I run the Kinetix racing arms, they do not have as much range, but by design they cant slip. car doesnt need much static camber cause of the wishbone config, but dialing in some more static front camber with after market arms is a good idea
    i was gonna buy a new set of rotors and pad for track, but if the rears are ok as is, i'll just get some xp10s for the front.

so what's ideal alignment for the track? I'm assuming -1.2 to 1.5 in the back with no toe... and you can get that with the stock set up? front camber close to -2? can the Kinetix get that far? toe in a shade in the front?

Liked
    981 times

T1 370Z package?
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    103 times

i was gonna buy a new set of rotors and pad for track, but if the rears are ok as is, i'll just get some xp10s for the front.

so what's ideal alignment for the track? I'm assuming -1.2 to 1.5 in the back with no toe... and you can get that with the stock set up? front camber close to -2? can the Kinetix get that far? toe in a shade in the front?
    yeah the stock rotors held up fine for me. i think 10s front and stock rears is a good starting point. what is the optimal operating temp for 10s again?

i didnt try messing with the rear too much when i still had stock rear alignment parts, i just cleaned up the toe and left the camber -2, which was fine. I ran the Kinetix arms at stock height and they'll only get -1.5, but at that spec i was still barely touching the "tire arrows". Like i said the SPCs will easily get you -3 and anything less, but you gotta hit them with another 30 or so ft-lbs of torque then the recommended spec, which i wasnt into. i ran slight toe in for the rear to keep it more on the stable side for sweepers since its a shorter wheelbase car. i run about 1/8 total toe in for the rear. I usually run my toe up front at 0, if its a short tight track MAYBE a touch out, but i never really mess with too much toe in general

Liked
    103 times

took these pics before i left work last night cause i thought the lighting was cool, Richard you really dont like the headlights or taillights? i think they look pretty cool

424253_10150543107017085_700032084_9190647_1464409027_n.jpg

429177_10150543170592085_700032084_9190762_1169264681_n.jpg

Liked
    1477 times

No, I really don't.

Liked
    103 times

fair enough

Liked
    641 times

i think they look pretty cool
    That's why you bought the car.
    I was drooling over 350z when it came out first,but now I dont even notice it.Modern Nissan design is on the edge between "sub zero" and "seriously uncool",370 being on the bright side for now.

Liked
    58 times

fair enough
    dude... he rolls an evo daily.. and it sounds like he's never seen the light bar across the back of his honda.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast