+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Where the Z guys at? Buying advice needed.

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    yeah the VQ37VHR doesnt burn oil
    TSB: 2009-2010 Nissan 370Z: Engine Oil Level Is Low - Nissan 370Z Forum

Liked
    58 times

I have been going over this thread and was taking all of your opinions in to account when I remembered something... you guys are all slow and don't know dick about real cars.

So i went to the Nissan dealer to check out cars, while ignoring all of your stupid opinions, since I am pretty much the best driver of automobiles up in this place.

The Z had a harsh ride and was so cramped inside that you could barely see out of it. Between that and the tiny 'race' seats, my perfect ass was numb after the test drive. It was also a manual and my left leg has grown tired and lazy. The transmission was loud and did this annoying, ricer engine revving when you down shifted.

After checking out the showroom and driving a lot of cars, I came to the conclusion that the FWD, wide ratio automatic 3 speed + OD, and massive interior space of this car will provide me with speed that none of you can comprehend. I plan on winning many enduros, since i won't have to pit... ever.

2012-02-12-16-05-15.jpg
    Olitho, bellwilliam, Red_5 and 1 others like this.

Liked
    2283 times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    you got screwed, they gave you an used Versa instead.. and you didn't get the RSR package...
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    2165 times

I have been going over this thread and was taking all of your opinions in to account when I remembered something... you guys are all slow and don't know dick about real cars.

So i went to the Nissan dealer to check out cars, while ignoring all of your stupid opinions, since I am pretty much the best driver of automobiles up in this place.

The Z had a harsh ride and was so cramped inside that you could barely see out of it. Between that and the tiny 'race' seats, my perfect ass was numb after the test drive. It was also a manual and my left leg has grown tired and lazy. The transmission was loud and did this annoying, ricer engine revving when you down shifted.

The real RyanO has returned!!!
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    103 times

my Z has a build date after that TSB specifies, maybe thats why i havent had consumption issues...

After checking out the showroom and driving a lot of cars, I came to the conclusion that the FWD, wide ratio automatic 3 speed + OD, and massive interior space of this car will provide me with speed that none of you can comprehend. I plan on winning many enduros, since i won't have to pit... ever.

Attachment 4330
    if you wanted a 370z with a comfy suspension tune, light clutch pedal, no ricer downshift button(which you can turn off on the 370), more interior space, comfy flat seats with no support, and a quite cabin, you shouldve taken perfect ass to the Infinity dealer and bought a G37 "S" coupe

Liked
    58 times

err-finger.gif

z-001.jpg

Liked
    366 times

Best thread ever.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    The real RyanO has returned!!!
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    103 times

skotan_thumbs_up_smiley.png

Liked
    547 times

I have to say that I have quite a soft spot for the Versa. We rented one for my wife to take the Buttonwillow driving clinic a couple of years ago and I ran it around a bit in the afternoon... it was actually a hoot because you basically don't have to lift, ever. Almost as much fun as the Dukes-of-Hazzard-mobile was...

Steve

Liked
    58 times

OK... so about 300 miles later, i have to say... this car is pretty damn fun.

I haven't really had a chance to play hard in it, but just on normal streets its a blast with the top down... not sure i'd feel the same about a hardtop.

wheel base is so short it feels loose to me cause it just rotates... (if only around street corners at 20 mph)

also confirms my theory that the japs are just freaks about stuff like this... the car honestly feels, sounds and even smells like a modern version of my '76 280z... its weird... the weight transfer rear to front when shifting, the noise from the engine itself (not the exhaust), the ****ty seats that don't recline that sit basically on the floor and give an 'american sized' azn no leg room, the clutch that wants to shoot my knee into my chest when you release 1/2 way, the road and trans noise... but honestly I don't mind any of it... takes me back... and I'm pretty sure I'm not just imagining that something about the leather/plastic/carpet really does smell like the old Z.... the only thing missing is not having power steering and having to CRANK on the wheel to turn below 5mph... hopefully it won't push like a snowmobile at speed.

I'm already spoiled by the rev matching.. its actually pretty cool and responds faster than you can manually do it with the delay from the accelerator.

But I can already see what everyone is saying about oil temp.. just 2 blasts from 0-80 and oil is at 240+

All in all i give it a thumbs up... hope it lasts so I can delay my strong urge to go V8.

Clint.. lets go to willow!
    Last edited by ryan; 02-15-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Liked
    1477 times

also confirms my theory that the japs are just freaks about stuff like this... the car honestly feels, sounds and even smells like a modern version of my '76 280z...
    I owned 4 BMWs, an Audi, a Mercedes, a Volvo and several other European cars (including Austin-Healey 3000 and Fiat Dino Spyder) before I got my first Japanese car. I will not go back (but I would like a GT3 RS 4.0). Have you ever driven an NSX or an S2000?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    103 times

OK... so about 300 miles later, i have to say... this car is pretty damn fun.

I haven't really had a chance to play hard in it, but just on normal streets its a blast with the top down... not sure i'd feel the same about a hardtop.

wheel base is so short it feels loose to me cause it just rotates... (if only around street corners at 20 mph)

also confirms my theory that the japs are just freaks about stuff like this... the car honestly feels, sounds and even smells like a modern version of my '76 280z... its weird... the weight transfer rear to front when shifting, the noise from the engine itself (not the exhaust), the ****ty seats that don't recline that sit basically on the floor and give an 'american sized' azn no leg room, the clutch that wants to shoot my knee into my chest when you release 1/2 way, the road and trans noise... but honestly I don't mind any of it... takes me back... and I'm pretty sure I'm not just imagining that something about the leather/plastic/carpet really does smell like the old Z.... the only thing missing is not having power steering and having to CRANK on the wheel to turn below 5mph... hopefully it won't push like a snowmobile at speed.

I'm already spoiled by the rev matching.. its actually pretty cool and responds faster than you can manually do it with the delay from the accelerator.

But I can already see what everyone is saying about oil temp.. just 2 blasts from 0-80 and oil is at 240+

All in all i give it a thumbs up... hope it lasts so I can delay my strong urge to go V8.

Clint.. lets go to willow!
    i bet the car is awesome with the top down, i love the sound of mine with intake and exhaust, with no roof i bet the noise is really cool

yeah the wheel base is defiantly short, but its part of what makes it so nimble. for reference the 370 wheelbase is 100.4 inches, a BMW 135 is 102, my focus is 102, a 350z is 104, and your C5 Z06 is also 104

yeah since nissan is able to make the same car basically as a G37 for comfort, the 370 IS biased toward sport car. Its what i like about it so much, out of the cars ive owned its still the most luxerious car to me, but its still raw enough to please my enthusiast pallet, and im on the younger side of the spectrum. I enjoy the steering feel, heavy and communicative for a modern car with power steering

after some practice i think im better then the rev match button, but 2 weeks into ownership, it was driving me nuts how good it was and how ****ty i was rev matching a car i wasnt used to yet LOL

i run the Nismo 34 row oil cooler, Z1motorsports makes a 34 row cooler also that is less expensive but uses the same Setrab core as the nismo. they also make a 25 row core. Knowing your a fast driver, i would run minimum the 25row, but the 34 with a thermostatic sandwich adapter i think would be best>

ive only taken mine to buttonwillow, i really wanna run it at big track, so let me know cause im down

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I owned 4 BMWs, an Audi, a Mercedes, a Volvo and several other European cars (including Austin-Healey 3000 and Fiat Dino Spyder) before I got my first Japanese car. I will not go back (but I would like a GT3 RS 4.0). Have you ever driven an NSX or an S2000?
    Don't get me wrong.. the E55 is still WAY up there on the 'best cars' list for me... even if it's 6 yrs old... quiet, comfy, big torque and owns the freeway. This Z is just 'fun'. we'll see how long it lasts. I'm sure i'll be annoyed when the first STI hands me my ass.

Never did any real time in an NSX or S2k.

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    i run the Nismo 34 row oil cooler, Z1motorsports makes a 34 row cooler also that is less expensive but uses the same Setrab core as the nismo. they also make a 25 row core. Knowing your a fast driver, i would run minimum the 25row, but the 34 with a thermostatic sandwich adapter i think would be best>

ive only taken mine to buttonwillow, i really wanna run it at big track, so let me know cause im down
    gonna try and get the cooler and a set of rotors and pads soon... how about march 24 for that Z competition with extreme speed?

Liked
    1477 times

I saw a 370Z roadster on the 405 freeway north today in the South Bay at about 7:00 a.m. Was that you? I must say that while the 350Z coupe is better looking than the 370Z coupe (hate those headlights, tail lights and big mouth grille) the 370Z roadster with its rear haunches looks better than the 350Z roadster (but that's not saying much since the cutting the roof off a 350 Z takes away the whole design gestault and makes in UGLY).

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    103 times

odd cause i find the 370 look MUCH more attractive then the 350, 350 to me looks bland and bubbly

Liked
    1477 times

The first time I saw the 370 headlights/tailights I threw up a little in my mouth. They have not grown on me since. BTW, all headlights and tailights should be ROUND.

Liked
    103 times

well to each his own, you liked the looked of a 350 at one point and bought one, i like the 370 look and bought one

Liked
    1477 times

Just look at how much better the nose of a 997 looks with round headlights compared to the ghastly teardrop headlinghts on the 996. Ferrari tailights look great because they are almost always round.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast