+ Reply to Thread

Thread: when can the unwashed masses...

Liked
    1720 times

Default when can the unwashed masses...

When can the unwashed masses easily plunk down cash and buy the Global MX-5 cup car race ready?

Did this car ever get classed for SCCA clubracing?

Liked
    609 times

I don't know exactly where the previous generation was classed, but I assume the same would apply for the new one. Some regions ran an SM5 class if they had enough entries to make it worthwhile, and if enough people race them, I would assume such a class would go national.

To be honest, I've never seen an NC Cup car that wasn't owned by someone that mainly ran the pro series and was just doing some club events on the side.

Steve

Liked
    1495 times

Been able to for a while I think but there's a wait list.

Liked
    1720 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Been able to for a while I think but there's a wait list.
    The builder in in Irvine. If I can't go there with a bag of cash and load the car on my trailer it is not available. Heck I still can't find solid specs on the car or detailed modifications. Are they going to race roofless or with a composite top available? I want to see details of the cage including what it is made of and specs on that tubing. I want to see if the floor mounting is reinforced over OEM stock for the race seat. I want to see if racers have installed full containment seats in that small cabin. Last I read they did not know who the shock supplier was going to be. In the USA only certain brands are easily, universally, and cheaply rebuildable. Was there ever final horsepower on the sealed motor and raceweight wet without driver??

Liked
    1495 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    The builder in in Irvine. If I can't go there with a bag of cash and load the car on my trailer it is not available. Heck I still can't find solid specs on the car or detailed modifications. Are they going to race roofless or with a composite top available? I want to see details of the cage including what it is made of and specs on that tubing. I want to see if the floor mounting is reinforced over OEM stock for the race seat. I want to see if racers have installed full containment seats in that small cabin. Last I read they did not know who the shock supplier was going to be. In the USA only certain brands are easily, universally, and cheaply rebuildable. Was there ever final horsepower on the sealed motor and raceweight wet without driver??
    Contact whoever is building them with those questions if google isn't doing it for ya.

Liked
    64 times

Well, they raced 4 of them at the last T25. There's lots of pictures of the cars. I believe they only made minimum modifications to legally enter the race (supplementary lights, etc). Here's some write-ups:

25 Hours, 1,641 Miles and Just Over An Hour of Sleep | Morrie's Heritage Car Connection | MHCC

https://longroadracing.wordpress.com...g-road-racing/

33 1/3 Races in a Day and an Hour - Inside Mazda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLNrgLssK8

Liked
    2363 times

Long Road Racing Home

980-223-8547

Liked
    0 times

Looks like it's classed in T3 for SCCA CR

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1448032204

Liked
    40 times

Here's the order form - Survey:Questions

They may still be prioritizing who gets one, based on what use it will be put to (marketing at work). But in the order form "survey" they pose this question which covers the landscape from MX-5 Cup to HPDEs. "3. Where do you plan to compete with this 2016 MX-5 Cup car (e.g., 2016 Battery Tender Mazda MX-5 Cup; SCCA club racing; NASA; track day events; a combination of these)?"

Liked
    278 times

How much do they cost?

Update: $53k. (Overall, not a bad deal for a turn key race car)
    Last edited by MikeColangelo; 01-02-2016 at 11:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread