+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: What's your track-related new year's resolution?

Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    I'm at 200#. Lost 22# since Jan 27. Feeling better, still haven't stopped smoking, but I'm working on it. Knees feel awesome. I stopped cycling for a little while until the pollen knocks down. No allergies, but it is so thick, it makes me choke. Everything is covered in tree spooge at the moment. It's like when the Santa Ana winds bring in the dust and soot, but worse. I have to buy cheap clothing to keep up with the shrinking body, but I rarely spend a lot on that anyways. Working from home leaves me with a pants-optional dress code.

The re-education in diet/food has been enlightening for sure. I find myself leveling out better throughout the day, don't even miss stuff like sodas or ice cream. Goal weight is about 165-170#. I am predicting to be there about early autumn, depending on how active I am in the summer. Huge kudos to my wife. She's an inspiration and can easily kick my ass without any of her high-falutin' Judo moves. I can still hip-check her across the room though. She rarely sees it coming.
    That's awesome man, keep it up! It definitely helps when you have support in your corner.
    Force McCocken likes this.

Liked
    744 times

185. I'm a sexy b!tch. 15-20 to go.
    emilio700, hakeem, Red_5 and 2 others like this.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    855 times

Quote Originally Posted by flink View Post
    Suck less in Sonoma T2.
    Suck less everywhere.

Liked
    855 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Giving up smoking is a glorious thing. I am on year 9 having gone from at least 1 pack a day to cold turkey. Took a few tries but eventually stuck. Best life decision ever.
    It's about 30 years since I quit. Best thing I ever did, but I still would love an unfiltered Camel! Still, an occasional hankering is so much better than being a phreaking slave to an incessant, insidiously slow, life sucking death habit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stroggdrillwip3%5B1%5D.jpg  
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 06-19-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Liked
    704 times

I was able to scrape together some coins and finally buy a set of new tires . . . halfway through the season.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by redtopz View Post
    Nobody has a serious resolution so far?

After spending some time thinking about it, I have a couple resolutions that are kind of boring but past due.

1. Get my crap organized and sell all the old crap I don't need anymore. I am horribly unorganized and can never find the part I need when I need it. Plus I am wasting space with old parts that need to be sold.

2. Also step up my game as far as overall appearance and prep of my car/trailer. No more painter's tape covering holes in my car, mismatched wheels, mismatched paint schemes or body parts, half-assed setup, etc. I hope to become just one step closer toward a "professional" operation. I won't say anything about my truck because I can pretty much guarantee it will continue to be a muddy mess most of the time.
    Wow, halfway through the year already! I've never actually looked back at my New Year's resolution, but it seems I've actually done pretty well.

1. Sold my T1 car and all the stuff associated with it, which was a lot since it used to be my street car. Shop is at least 2x cleaner now and more organized. I was just thinking yesterday, I've regretted buying a car many times, but I've never regretted selling one.

2. New cage, seat, and wrap on my St2 car and it's looking much better than before. Still need to clean up all the unused wiring in the dash area. I've been gradually working on setting up a race trailer I bought over the winter with a folding couch/bed, generator, A/C, and fridge. Already has tool boxes and storage that I've been filling with tools and spares. Should be a nice little man-cave at the track.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    744 times

Alright, so I made it to my goal. Considering another 5#, but let me put it in perspective:

1/27/13 --> 10/26/13
    Waist: 40 -->32
    Chest 44-->38
    Shirt: XL-->M
    Neck: 17.5-->15
    Weight: 222.2-->170.4

Feels great! Mrs. McCocken loves it, too! ( She was at 215, now @ 125 for 2 years now).

My arms and thighs are a bit thicker, but I am more flexible from my short morning yoga routine. My knee doesn't hurt like it used to either. This is one of the greatest things I have done in my life to this point.
    Last edited by Force McCocken; 10-26-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    1429 times

Bet she loves the new mccocken.
    MikeColangelo and ucfbrett like this.

Liked
    855 times

Alright, so I made it to my goal. Considering another 5#, but let me put it in perspective:

1/27/13 --> 10/26/13
    Waist: 40 -->32
    Chest 44-->38
    Shirt: XL-->M
    Neck: 17.5-->15
    Weight: 222.2-->170.4

Feels great! Mrs. McCocken loves it, too! ( She was at 215, now @ 125 for 2 years now).

My arms and thighs are a bit thicker, but I am more flexible from my short morning yoga routine. My knee doesn't hurt like it used to either. This is one of the greatest things I have done in my life to this point.
    This sounds a lot more L.A.esque than it does Carolina.

Anyway, I am glad to hear about Mrs. M. Otherwise, it sounds so gay!

Regardless, your arms don't look that much bigger.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 10-26-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Bet she loves the new mccocken.
    Sounds like a twice McCocken to me . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    744 times

Much appreciated, gents!

Because I work from home, I see some of my clients irregularly. One in particular, I had not seen since just after the holidays this year. Walked into their office for a meeting last month and they didn't recognize me.

Now, my next goal, besides keeping it off, is more endurance regimen and financial stability.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    2243 times

- To finish my new car in time for the first NASA race in March
    - To still have said car in good condition at the end of the season.

Also:

- Find out what Rob's "enhancements" are.
    - Return to Willow Springs without freaking out.
    - Get faster at Buttonwillow.
    - Get more coaching.
    Done
    Done

Not done
    Done
    Done
    Not done

Also, I got fourth in points Championship, which gets me some cash. I earned some Toyo Bucks, too, which was a plus. Now I have to figure out next season's goals.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Get back into the game. I have only been to the track 3 times in the last 6 months, which is an alltime low for me. And even at that, I sucked, being too afraid to push the NSX hard (and it's not set up well at this point), and still not being comfortable to be going really fast in the Formula Mazda.
    Not done. Raced the Formula Mazda once in March 2013 in order to keep my SCCA regional competition license for another year. Absolutely sucked and decided to sell the FM.

I plan to buy someone else's well-sorted race car or track day car soon, and will be getting out to various tracks to have some fun. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.
    Done, sort of. Bought a nice track day S2K and took it to Buttonwillow (where I sucked, as usual in the past 2 years).
    P.S. I'd like to run Circuit of the Americas, or fulfill my long term wish to attend the Jim Russell race school in an open wheel car at Le Circuit Mont Tremblant in Quebec.
    Not done.

Did I mention that I have been kinda busy with other things since I opened my own law firm last year? As for other excuses, my age and weight come to mind. I'm trying to lose weight. That might be my main "track-related" resolutions for 2014, together with getting some confidence back to go fast again. It's not even Halloween (the true name of that Satanic holiday is "All Hallow's Eve") yet, so a little early for New Year's resolutions, which I try to avoid making in any event.

Good work to you and your wife on losing the big poundage, Mr. McCocken !!!
    bawareca and Force McCocken like this.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    2243 times

A school might be just the thing to get you out of your funk, Richard.

Liked
    744 times

Richard, if you need some tips on the weight, let me know. It was easier than I thought, more about habit correction and a bit of knowledge.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    10 times

Richard, if you need some tips on the weight, let me know. It was easier than I thought, more about habit correction and a bit of knowledge.
    i need some tips on that weight loss.
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

Liked
    1477 times

^^^Eat less cheeseburgers . . .

Liked
    2243 times

Quote Originally Posted by c32b View Post
    i need some tips on that weight loss.
    Eliminate grains (corn, wheat, rice), sugars, tubers and legumes from your diet. Eat plants, animals, nuts and seeds.

Primal Blueprint

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Have fun
    spend trackside waiting in my recliner chair.
    Have no trackside car repair
    Don't hit anybody or anything
    Don't get hit by anybody
    finish all the races I start
    Race at COTA
    I had a great year all of the above accomplished. COTA was the highlight of my year. Nothing broke and all bodywork still intact. If I wasn't in the car I was in my recliner. I used it so much that one of the legs broke at the Pacific Coast Road Race Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Try T-hill and Sonoma
    Race at Laguna (have not been there in over 10 years)
    Try an enduro
    These goals went unfulfilled. There is always next year and SCCA runoffs will be at Laguna Seca for 2014....awesome. I'm a 70 percenter for 2013 just like I drive 7/10ths!
    Olitho and redtopz like this.

Liked
    981 times

RE: weight loss:

Less sugar, smaller portion sizes, exercise. Limit alcohol to 1 drink per day. That pretty much wraps up a multi-billion dollar per year industry. But it's too simple and takes self-discipline so people will continue to spend billions of dollars per year searching for the easy way out and latest trends...

I just went to our end of season banquet for soccer/volleyball at the middle school as it was my last year coaching the soccer team (my youngest son is in 8th grade). People brought food and treats to share and I just walked around studying what people were eating. I was shocked at the portion sizes most of these people/kids were consuming and especially at the amount of sugar. Full plates of sweets, not just 1 treat, washed down with pepsi. All I can think about when I see this is diabetes and obesity. I just recently read somewhere that the average American consumes over 3800 calories per day! Portion sizes are out of control, probably 2-3 times larger per serving than 30 years ago. I don't blame the businesses because they just supply what people want. It has to come down educating people and starting early.
    hakeem and ucfbrett like this.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast