+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: What do you guys think of this as a Birthday present?

NA Power, Every hour! andrewdruiz's Avatar
    Liked
    36 times

I like the Aston Martin Raipde, but even used ones are over $100k. Personally, I'd tough it out and get a 360 (you can get a nice manual transmission one with the beautiful gated shifter setup), own it for a few years and then get your comfy sports sedan.
    Last edited by andrewdruiz; 08-18-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    1994 RX-7 R2
    1990 Miata

Liked
    299 times

Ok instead of the Jaguar F Type R, what about the the base model F Type ~$69k (20/28mpg and supercharged v6 340hp); or even the F Type-S $81k (19/27mpg and supercharged v6 380hp); or v8 Type S $92k (16/23mpg supercharged v8 495hp).
    Last edited by Pure EvoIX; 08-18-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    142 times

I think he has made up his mind and yes it is a good looking car with modest power. I would be worried about the drivetrain, there may be a pretty badge on it but it's still Italian.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdruiz View Post
    I'd tough it out and get a 360 (you can get a nice manual transmission one with the beautiful gated shifter setup), own it for a few years and then get my comfy sports sedan.
    You don't have to tough it out with a Ferrari 550 Maranello. Its faster than a 360, most reliable 12cylinder Ferrari has built, does not attract little boys, is a grown-up man's Ferrari and has adjustable lumbar support for your back and fits a full sized person, significant other and weekend luggage.
    bellwilliam, hakeem and Blackbird like this.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    You don't have to tough it out with a Ferrari 550 Maranello. Its faster than a 360, most reliable 12cylinder Ferrari has built, does not attract little boys, is a grown-up man's Ferrari and has adjustable lumbar support for your back and fits a full sized person, significant other and weekend luggage.
    Carl -

Perhaps you'd like to sell me your 550?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    744 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I like the Maserati S Q4... assuming the car will survive for several years.
    Mutually exclusive.

Perhaps instead of a sedan, your back would prefer a vehicle that is fast and easier to enter and exit, like say, a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S?

Makes a great tow vehicle for the EVO, I would suppose.
    Last edited by Force McCocken; 08-19-2014 at 05:11 AM.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    How is R8 Italian style ? you got to explain that to me......
    Obviously I'm not the only one combining these words....

Audi R8 V10 Plus: German luxury Italian style - Life & Style Plus

Liked
    35 times

There's always the Porsche Panamera, thought ugly, is a comfortable car and probably more reliable. The Jag XJ looks cooler than the Panamera but if you got one you’d need to wear the mandatory tweed jacket and tell everyone you’ve got a jaaaag. However I'd go for the Maserati, get whatever extended warranty they offer enjoy and drive the crap out of it, then dump it as soon as the warranty expires.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by Force McCocken View Post
    Perhaps instead of a sedan, your back would prefer a vehicle that is fast and easier to enter and exit, like say, a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S?
    I'm one of those purists who thinks Porsche has no business making SUVs and 4-door sedans.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1885 times

One of my favorite Richard Hammond quotes -
    "May: are you still one of these people who wants Porsche to only ever make the 911?
    Hammond: yes
    May: so in Hammond's Britain, would everybody who wanted to buy a Porsche be forced to buy the 911?
    Hammond: yes. you'd walk into a shop and i'd say, "i'd like to buy a Porsche please" and they'd say, "certainly sir, what colour would you like?"
    May: oh you'll allow them to choose the colour?
    Hammond: yeah"

Liked
    258 times

I am losing my mind here... this conversation has been going on for 2 days... without the correct answer...

Since no one seem to be capable of pull there heads out long enough to see the obviousness answer... I will give it to you... Miata

Sorry had to do it.
    BID
    Olitho, VagaXt and Force McCocken like this.

Liked
    2283 times

Quote Originally Posted by suki101 View Post
    get whatever extended warranty they offer enjoy and drive the crap out of it, then dump it as soon as the warranty expires.
    people always say that. but the next buyer is thinking exactly the same thing: "I aint buying this POS unless it got few years of extended warranty on it".......
    Olitho likes this.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1486 times

Carl -

Perhaps you'd like to sell me your 550?
    Nope. I love my 550 so much I bought a second one. Its a long story. But I do have contracts pending on one of them so I will be down to one 550. If the deal does not go through you can have first dibs.

A maser is a sweet ride. Also consider the granturismo. It has many qualities of the 550 and modern stunning good looks.

And there is a new Ferrari maserati dealer being built in Torrance so you don't have to go to b hills or orange county for factory authorized issues.
    Last edited by fatbillybob; 08-19-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Liked
    2283 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    Nope. I love my 550 so much I bought a second one. Its a long story. But I do have contracts pending on one of them so I will be down to one 550. If the deal does not go through you can have first dibs.

A maser is a sweet ride. Also consider the granturismo. It has many qualities of the 550 and modern stunning good looks.
    what's the most reliable, cheap (lol) to maintain Ferrrai in the last 20 years ?
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 08-19-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

JJ1
    Liked
    177 times

How many times do I have to say that you guys don't seem to get it. A low-slung sports car like an R8 will not work for me with my back problems. I want a sexy sedan with a comfy driver's seat, but I can't stand Cadillac, Mercedes, and Lexus. I want a fast but comfortable car that almost nobody I know would buy. Hence, one more time for those who are stoned out, I like the Maserati S Q4. Any other suggestions in that price range that have the attributes I need? P.S. I don't give a $h!t about resale value, assuming the car will survive for several years.
    M5 sounds cheaper and more fun. PLUS you can get the manual you so covet. Its basically the car built for exactly what you want. But Id drive both (m5 and Ghibli) back to back because articles and specs arent worth sh!t compared to driving a car for yourself.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    704 times

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoe Money View Post
    Someone had to say it...
    I was being sincere and not intending to be a d!ck. I've lost 30 pounds 1.5 years ago and have been working out with a trainer so I'm speaking from experience. You can survive or you can thrive.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    977 times

Suggestion: drive all the uber-sedans you can and buy one. The M5, RS6, E63, Panamera Turbo etc are all awesome but nothing beats just driving the thing. I would get the M5 if it were me, I spent a decent amount of time driving a Maserati around a few years ago and was unimpressed with every aspect of it.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1 View Post
    M5 sounds cheaper and more fun. PLUS you can get the manual you so covet. Its basically the car built for exactly what you want. But Id drive both (m5 and Ghibli) back to back because articles and specs arent worth sh!t compared to driving a car for yourself.
    Are you sure the current M5 is available with a stick in the USA? I think not. Plus an M5 is at least $20,000- more than a Ghibli Q S4.

Liked
    188 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    I was being sincere and not intending to be a d!ck. I've lost 30 pounds 1.5 years ago and have been working out with a trainer so I'm speaking from experience. You can survive or you can thrive.
    So was I... I've dropped 25lbs or so and finally have definition in my arms and legs again.
    My feet and ankles were abused so badly that I couldn't even work a clutch pedal until a few years ago.

Rather than wither way, I decided to do something about it.

And, similar to Richard, I ended up with a GS430 because I could drive it comfortably.
    It took me all of a few months to regret that decision.

I now climb in and out of my Miata with door bars and race seats and it didn't even take much to get here...
    Last edited by Schmoe Money; 08-19-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    Red_5 likes this.

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    what's the most reliable, cheap (lol) to maintain Ferrrai in the last 20 years ?
    reliable = cheap in Ferrari world.
    Most reliable ever is the 328 and 550 in that order. But the newest one of those is 10+ years old.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast