Thread: Volkswagen looks at twin turbo diesels

Liked
    887 times

Default Volkswagen looks at twin turbo diesels

Could be an interesting Tow and Go option:

Volkswagen Confirms Twin-Turbo Diesel Four-Cylinder Engine

. . . .especially if they put it in this:

Volkswagen Golf Sportsvan Concept Photos and Info News Car and Driver

. . . as I wait to see if Mazda will put their new diesel in the CX-5.

Liked
    693 times

Yeah,remake of the rare Golf Country.

Liked
    1485 times

I can't imagine why anyone would buy a new VW . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    763 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    They are one of the few manufacturers left that offer a decent number of cars with manual transmissions in the US. They also are the only manufacturer that offers the car geek trifecta of a diesel wagon with manual transmission in the US.
    ucfbrett likes this.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    887 times

And they cost less than Audi's.

Liked
    551 times

I just bought a new TDI Passat. Why? Because the lease on my E350 Bluetech was up, and the buy out was $42,000. The Passat was $26,000 new with $0 down and 0.9% financing.

I was impressed that my Bluetech averaged 30 mpg, but am even more impressed that the Passat averages 40+ MPG. Obviously it is not as "nice" of a car, but the economics drove the decision.

The thing I miss the most is the back-up camera, especially after track weekends when my neck is too stiff to turn around LOL

Liked
    1485 times

Quote Originally Posted by craZee View Post
    I just bought a new TDI Passat. Why? Because the lease on my E350 Bluetech was up, and the buy out was $42,000. The Passat was $26,000 new with $0 down and 0.9% financing.

I was impressed that my Bluetech averaged 30 mpg, but am even more impressed that the Passat averages 40+ MPG. Obviously it is not as "nice" of a car, but the economics drove the decision.

The thing I miss the most is the back-up camera, especially after track weekends when my neck is too stiff to turn around LOL
    Couldn't you just add an aftermarket back-up camera to your new TDI Passat, and, presto-chango, you have a Daimler Benz?

P.S. Sounds like VW is given' 'em away. Why are they doing that?

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    693 times

Couldn't you just add an aftermarket back-up camera to your new TDI Passat, and, presto-chango, you have a Daimler Benz?

P.S. Sounds like VW is given' 'em away. Why are they doing that?
    Did you hear about that guy,Piech VW/Audi/whatever group is a car manufacturer no more.They are military organisation as of last year(or last decade )His 5 year goal is to outsale Mercedes and Toyota together,regardless of the cost If you take a closer look at the current Audi racers,and DTM especially,they are like HitlerJugend.They look like they have a finger cut for every small mistake and a kidney taken for a DNF.

Liked
    1485 times

HitlerJugend
    No thanks. Perhaps you don't know where my people come from . . . Wasn't the previous Pope Benedict one those?

Liked
    693 times

No thanks. Perhaps you don't know where my people come from . . . Wasn't the previous Pope Benedict one those?
    I have a good knowledge of the Europe's modern history.BTW,the Bulgarian king at the time(1943-1944) saved thousands of Jewish people from the camps,putting at risk his own life and statute,and country's fate also.
    No disrespect Richard,that is just how the things appear to me with the VW/Audi group.Piech is determined to rule tho world without a single shot,not the he will be alive to laugh at his own megalomaniacal ideas.

Liked
    1485 times

^^^ Yada Yada Yada. No more "Hitler Youth" comments please . . .

+ Reply to Thread