• 1 Post By Johnny_Se7en
  • 1 Post By Richard EVO
  • 4 Post By fatbillybob
  • 1 Post By emilio700
  • 1 Post By bawareca

Thread: Vettel leaving Red Bull at end of the season !! no F1 Japan spoiler pls

Liked
    2283 times

Default Vettel leaving Red Bull at end of the season !! no F1 Japan spoiler pls

NEW TEAM DRIVER LINE UP FOR 2015 | Infiniti Red Bull Racing

Statement from The Team.

Sebastian Vettel has advised us that he will be leaving Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the end of the 2014 season.

We want to warmly thank Sebastian for the incredible role he has played at Infiniti Red Bull Racing for the last six years.

Since joining the team in 2009, Sebastian, together with Infiniti Red Bull Racing, has scored 38 wins, 44 poles and eight World Championships, including four Drivers' titles and four Constructors'. If you include Sebastian's success at Red Bull's second team, Scuderia Toro Rosso, the Red Bull total increases to 39 wins and 45 poles.

As we wish Sebastian well in the next stage of his career, we also look to the future with excitement, as the vacancy makes way for the next generation of Red Bull racers.

The Red Bull Junior Programme has developed some proven talents in recent times, including Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo, who has excelled in the RB10 and become a three-time Formula One race winner in his first season with the team.

We're pleased to announce that Daniel will be joined in the team for 2015 by another rising star from the Junior Programme, Daniil Kvyat.

Ends
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1885 times

HA!
    The guy won 4 driver championship with the best car on grid that the team admitted flat out that it was built for him and his driving style.
    This season just showed his true worth.

Liked
    142 times

I'm waiting to see if Kimi will go honey badger on him.
    Richard EVO likes this.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    1477 times

One thing is for sure. If Renault figures out what Mercedes knows about the new engines this year, Daniil Kvyat is luckiest pup in the world in 2015, driving for Red Bull . . .

So where is Vettel going? Ferrari? Williams? McLaren? After all, he is a four time consecutive F1 World Champion . . .

On second thought, I think Vettel is headed to NASCAR.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 10-03-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1885 times

Word is that Vettel is going to Ferrari and that Alonso is out, possibly to McLaren which starting 2015 will be running Honda engines.

BBC Sport - Fernando Alonso to be replaced by Sebastian Vettel at Ferrari

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ Interesting article; thanks for posting! So the odd man out here is Button. If he wants to stay in F1, he is going to a lower tier team than where he is now.

The new Honda engines will shake things up. The Japanese know what they are doing. German, French, and Italian engine makers are going to have their hands full.

I think Vettel will not do well at Ferrari. Alonso is a better driver, who has made due with an inferior car, because of his superior driving skills. Alonso's departure from Ferarri is the only reason why Kimi will keep his job (and notwithstanding his poor performance this year, I am still a huge Kimi fan. No one can drive faster on worn tires that are way past their prime than Kimi).

The Honda engines and team driver Alonso are going to make McLaren a force next year, after a miserable showing this year.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 10-03-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    markn likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    1486 times

vettel and alonso to Honda. Honda money buys Alonso. Adrian comes back to F1 builds car for Vettel while Alonso can drive anything. But, it all backfires and Kimi wins WDC again as Ferrari pulls rabbit out of hat.
    hakeem, tq3z, JJ1 and 1 others like this.

Liked
    76 times

Vettel is still pretty young, so as Ferrari restructures their efforts, it might be a good journey for Vettel. On the other side, Alonso is only getting older, and he probably didn't have the patience to stick around while Ferrari restructures. I can't wait to see Alonso at McClaren next year, I'm hoping the chassis and engine is in fact a front running car, as Alonso will surely dominate.
    1:46.3X @ BRP CW13 - 11/12/15 (400 whp, TD )
    1:26.82 @ WSIR - 10/12/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:22.7X @ SOW CW - 7/31/14 (400whp, NT01)
    1:21.6X @ SOW CCW - 7/30/14 (400whp, Nt01)
    2:00.01 @ CVR CW - 9/28/13 (350whp, RS3)
    1:48.22 @ ACS - 11/23/13 (400whp, RS3)

Liked
    142 times

I really hope McLaren have got the aero and handling fixed for the 2015 car. Your can make a brick fly with enough power, without control it means nothing.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    HA!
    The guy won 4 driver championships
    This season just showed his true worth.
    I would say the 4 WDC's showed his true worth.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2400 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    I would say the 4 WDC's showed his true worth.
    Disagree. Jaques Villeneuve won in a dominant car but was not the best driver. Button, the same.

We often did not see all the speed potential of the RB's because they were so far out front. If he is good enough to win 4 WDC's in equal equipment he should be able to match Ricciardo in equal equipment, plain and simple.

Vettel is good. However, he was never the best driver in the series the 4 years he won IMO.
    Blackbird likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post

The new Honda engines will shake things up. The Japanese know what they are doing. German, French, and Italian engine makers are going to have their hands full.
    It could swing either way,one engine design could be dominant and other not so much,at least for a few more seasons until the engine development is locked.The real question is,if McLaren have such a poor performance this season with the dominant Mercedes engine,will the Honda engine be so much better to make it up for the chassis deficit?
    Blackbird likes this.

+ Reply to Thread