+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Using a Spec Racer Ford as a track day car?

Liked
    0 times

You're right guys...I'll prob. make changes more suited for me right off that bat.

The one thing I've been wondering though is that some cars back east are going for around $15K, whereas a couple up in Norcal are around $18 to $19K. It's a pretty wide difference for a spec car, and I presume the cheaper cars will need a lot of work.
    www.facenbody.com
    2005 Elise: Ohlins DA, BWR sway bar, RAC monolites, Pagid blues, Larini SE exhaust, CF everything, BWR s/c...
    SRF #237

Liked
    545 times

Practically speaking, it will cost at least $1,000 to being a car back from the east coast.

Aside from that, you really just have to go by condition. Ask about how old the bearings are, and when the shocks were last rebuilt. Also, you may want to factor in the Koni v. Penske issue on shocks; although a few fast guys are still on Koni's, at some point the rebuild kits will run out and Koni-equipped cars will have to have Penske shocks installed (about $2,200). There's no sign that will happen soon, but it is something to consider.

Steve

Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the wealth of info. Steve!
    www.facenbody.com
    2005 Elise: Ohlins DA, BWR sway bar, RAC monolites, Pagid blues, Larini SE exhaust, CF everything, BWR s/c...
    SRF #237

Liked
    0 times

I'll be at the open test day at Buttonwillow Fri. before the regional SCCA weekend....testing the SRF again !!!

thanks for your help Steve...I'm considering Kevin's car.
    www.facenbody.com
    SRF #237

Liked
    0 times

picked up Kevin's car up north....here it is ...can't wait!!!!

www.facenbody.com
    SRF #237

Liked
    545 times

That's an excellent car. Kevin can sometimes be a little taciturn but he's a very good guy and I am sure you'll be happy with the car.

Since you picked it up, I am assuming you won't race at Sears next weekend. But will you come out for the Buttonwillow test day before the double national? I think you'd have a fun time.

Steve

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    That's an excellent car. Kevin can sometimes be a little taciturn but he's a very good guy and I am sure you'll be happy with the car.

Since you picked it up, I am assuming you won't race at Sears next weekend. But will you come out for the Buttonwillow test day before the double national? I think you'd have a fun time.

Steve
    Hey Steve...yes I'll be bringing the car to BW where Mark the CSR will take care of the car.
    I am going to try to make the test day at BW on April 3rd - you going to be there?
    www.facenbody.com
    SRF #237

Liked
    0 times

Awesome, Eddie! Looking forward to seeing you out there hopefully, although may not as much now that you'll be doing an actual series. Makes me want to get an SRF myself!

Liked
    545 times

Barring any nasty unforeseen issues at Infineon, I'll be at Buttonwillow for the double national (including the test day).

Steve

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by lttletimmy View Post
    Awesome, Eddie! Looking forward to seeing you out there hopefully, although may not as much now that you'll be doing an actual series. Makes me want to get an SRF myself!
    Thanks Tim...funny how just last summer I first met ya at my first track event.

The SRF is such a great way to go for W2W and the CSR - Mark at BW takes really good care of the owners - it's almost like an arrive and drive situation.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    Barring any nasty unforeseen issues at Infineon, I'll be at Buttonwillow for the double national (including the test day).

Steve
    See you there steve - I'll look for the red, white and blue.
    www.facenbody.com
    SRF #237

Liked
    2165 times

Congrats!!!

To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    0 times

Thanks!

Finally got the car, and ran it on a test day at Buttonwillow...I'll be running the regional SCCA in May.

www.facenbody.com
    SRF #237

Liked
    0 times

Lookin' good! Curious to see how you like your first W2W experience!

Liked
    1477 times

UUuuuhhh, I thought this thread was about using a SRF as a track day car. . .

So you are racing with SCCA. That's not track days.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    545 times

He ran the test day, which is often populated by street cars. So I think that counts in this thread And I think he went off less than I did.

Steve "Tire Destroyer" Levin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2