+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Uhhhh...William?

Liked
    6 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post

If your braking system is at its limit, don't add any additional pedal pressure. Just like if you are understeering, any additional steering input into the corner will not improve your front grip or make you turn better (unlike a video game).
    Great analogy!

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

For some cars, like the school race MX5 cars with ABS. In order to fully utlize the braking power, you must hammer the brake really hard. Reason being is if the brake biase is at factory setting, the front will likely have much bigger biase than the rear, so if you dont hit hard enough to lock up/ABS the front, the rear brakes wont start braking at its efficieny hence not using maximum braking power. So to determine how hard pressure to brake, you have to know what car you are driving, and for stock car with huge front brake biase, I suggest to use very hard braking power and to engage the ABS, so in that way you also maximize the rear brakes. Ofcourse, it depends on how good you can rotate the car under brake release too, and also, some car has bad ABS systems and ABS would still engage as you release the brakes causing understeering, so if you find yourself understeering and not be able to rotate the car, dont do it
    Remember, the way and timing to release braking is more important than how you initiate braking.

0.02(also discussed and agreed by instructor)
    Last edited by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong; 12-15-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Jackalope Pimpslapper Leisure Suit Louie's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    Leisure_Suit is my hero, and don't brake pussy footed.
    Ummm.... actually... yeah.... the man in the suit has been known to cheap out and use the old EBC yellowstuff compound, a pad that has let him down a few times possibly due to improper bedding.

After a few full pucker offs in a $50K machine, Lou now goes into braking zones very carefully.
    Please, no guesses or claims as to who I am in public.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2395 times

1:30.1!

Congrats dude. Way solid considering no alignment, no sticky "street" tires or mods of any kinds. Alignment alone would probably be worth a second.

Carbotechs on the way. Now I need an S2K in the sim library.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4