+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Uhhhh...William?

Liked
    2 times

nice ride! i hope to see you at the track soon.
    1994 honda civic ex DOHC Vtec

"Shoe"
    Liked
    566 times

Congrats William!

Are you building a SM?

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by tq3z View Post
    WOW!

Today has been a great day for everyone! I picked up a pair of CE28N for 1200 dollars hahaha

And now William got an S! What could possibly make this better!!!! Im so happy for you Will, now we can drive tandem style haha. Can't wait to see you rip it up in that beast.

my bro got his car back! so thats another +

oo and grats william!!! im stoked on your purchase! its gonna be fun tryin to chase u down now that we both have the same car and since your goin stock for now ill be able to semi keep up with u hahah!!

Jairo j

Liked
    2320 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Are you building a SM?
    It is Arron B. And Emilio's super Miata thing. Basically a SM plus 99 engine, ECU, 9" wheels, wings, open suspension. Initially about 6 cars running early 09.

Thanks all for compliments. Car is great, I've never driven a S2K until last night. It is a handful at SOW today. Didn't know turn 1 can be scary. Sideway a few times. Brake fades after 3 laps. I am going to try buy a pad from one of the s2k guy here. It is also freezing here. No way I am going to be under 1:30. That's my excuse. Of course no doubt on my skill
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
    Man, thats awesome William.
    I was actually looking at that car. Good buy.
    We still have 3 2005 S2000, yellow, blue and red. Now is the time to buy if you have the $$$. Come talk to me and I'll give you guys a heck of a deal.

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    It is Arron B. And Emilio's super Miata thing. Basically a SM plus 99 engine, ECU, 9" wheels, wings, open suspension. Initially about 6 cars running early 09.

Thanks all for compliments. Car is great, I've never driven a S2K until last night. It is a handful at SOW today. Didn't know turn 1 can be scary. Sideway a few times. Brake fades after 3 laps. I am going to try buy a pad from one of the s2k guy here. It is also freezing here. No way I am going to be under 1:30. That's my excuse. Of course no doubt on my skill
    i think it's your brake fluid, it is 4 years old, ask around, someone may have extra fluid!

now you can't take the shortest line for T1, how fun!!

Liked
    0 times

Hey William, I've been looking for you so I can say hi, but the best I've been able to do so far is finding your car sitting by itself. If you see my light blue number 056 mini, stop by and say hi!

Liked
    2320 times

Timmy: sorry, didn't come say hi. read this post too late.

S2K report:

yesterday at 4pm, was when I bought the S2K. it is the first time I've ever driven a s2k. After everything was paid for, got in, ready to leave. umm, car won't start.......... sat there for good 30 seconds, made sure it is in neutral, clutch in, etc...

oh, there is a red button on the left "Start Engine"

then tried to put the top down. umm.. not working , another 30 seconds later. uggh, had to pull hand brake

this morning, took it to Street of Willow. original tires, brakes, everything. at 8:30am, took it out on track. did I set a record time from purchase to track ? that was 16 hours !!

1st session: very very cold. wow, didn't know S2K is all soft and an oversteering pig !! did a 360 on 2nd lap. stock s2k brake fades easily even on SOW. had to do 3 hot lap then 1 cool down lap. did a best of 1:35

2nd session: still cold, still not used to the street tire and super soft suspension (My Miata has 12kg spring and NT01, and makes 1/2 the power), fish tailed at least 10 times in this session alone. did a 1:32.2

3rd session: this is all Jaku's fault. his post here of his best time on a stock stock s2k was low 1:30s, that's peer pressure so I pushed and pushed, brake faded a bit, went long, dropped a wheel over a ditch. end of the day

the car was in pristine condition. not a scratch on any of the wheels in 3 years. in less than 24 hours, I bent a wheel, and scratched another

since it is Jaku's fault, I had one of his s2k buddy's to bring a wheel to me tomorrow morning (his buddy is driving anyway). another S2K regular was kind enough to sell me his old spare HP+ brake pads, so round 2 on new toy tomorrow to prove Miata drivers are the best drivers

oh, my excuse for tomorrow is the weather. 48F is the high.
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 12-14-2008 at 12:36 AM.
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    0 times

^^^ Take it easy buddy. You just got the car, no need to break any records. We all know miata drivers are the best drivers.

Liked
    0 times

if the lady only knew what you were doing with her car.

Liked
    10 times

this morning, took it to Street of Willow. original tires, brakes, everything. at 8:30am, took it out on track. did I set a record time from purchase to track ? that was 16 hours !!
    ooops, i don't think you beat my record cos i picked up my car around 7pm, and then track it the next morning also!

1st session: very very cold. wow, didn't know S2K is all soft and an oversteering pig !! did a 360 on 2nd lap. stock s2k brake fades easily even on SOW. had to do 3 hot lap then 1 cool down lap. did a best of 1:35

2nd session: still cold, still not used to the street tire and super soft suspension (My Miata has 12kg spring and NT01, and makes 1/2 the power), fish tailed at least 10 times in this session alone. did a 1:32.2

3rd session: this is all Jaku's fault. his post here of his best time on a stock stock s2k was low 1:30s, that's peer pressure so I pushed and pushed, brake faded a bit, went long, dropped a wheel over a ditch. end of the day
    i didn't fade my OEM pads both at SOWS and BW, maybe you used too much brake to slow down your laptime!

isn't S2000 so much fun to drive??

the car was in pristine condition. not a scratch on any of the wheels in 3 years. in less than 24 hours, I bent a wheel, and scratched another

since it is Jaku's fault, I had one of his s2k buddy's to bring a wheel to me tomorrow morning (his buddy is driving anyway). another S2K regular was kind enough to sell me his old spare HP+ brake pads, so round 2 on new toy tomorrow to prove Miata drivers are the best drivers
    BIG THANKS to Si!!

Liked
    0 times

did I set a record time from purchase to track ? that was 16 hours !!
    William, Jaku. I too picked up the S2000 from Tim at night and drove straight to Infineon and my first track experience with S2000 was wet with walls!

Btw, I think I saw your red S2000 today at the Big Willow Paddock, did you have a #9 Sticker? I was running at Big Willows with TCRA.
    Last edited by Clement; 12-14-2008 at 03:12 AM.

Liked
    2320 times

yes, that was my red S2K with #8 on the side.

damn, can't break any records. you guys won't even let me have "purchase to track time" record.

will be doing SOW CCW today, so the lesson is LESS BRAKES, repeat to my self, LESS BRAKE, LESS BRAKE, LESS BRAKE ..........
    17 GT350 !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by Clement View Post
    William, Jaku. I too picked up the S2000 from Tim at night and drove straight to Infineon and my first track experience with S2000 was wet with walls!

Btw, I think I saw your red S2000 today at the Big Willow Paddock, did you have a #9 Sticker? I was running at Big Willows with TCRA.
    you picked up the car on Wed, maintained and drove it to Infineon on Thur, and tracked it on Fri!

Liked
    6 times

Even stock Miatas are easy on brakes, being so light weight. Lower corner entry speeds (mostly) and good turn in grip/balance means less time spent on the brakes too. I can see where the fade difference is quickly noticed hoping into a heavier, faster stock car.

Liked
    10 times

damn, can't break any records. you guys won't even let me have "purchase to track time" record.

will be doing SOW CCW today, so the lesson is LESS BRAKES, repeat to my self, LESS BRAKE, LESS BRAKE, LESS BRAKE ..........
    make sure less is not later, less = softer & deeper

Liked
    1477 times

Can anybody beat me on buying a brand new car and taking it to the track right away? My '04 Evo RS had 720 miles on the odo when I hit Spring Mtn.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 12-14-2008 at 11:05 AM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

daaaaym will! that was quick! u busted a Ameer. grats on the 132!

Liked
    10 times

actually you can have the record officially since i didn't register my car right away!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Can anybody beat me on buying a brand new car and taking it to the track right away? My '04 Evo RS had 720 miles on the odo when I hit Spring Mtn.
    my previous 06 hit the track after owner's manual told me i can hit vtec after 600 miles, but probably more than 720 miles before on the track!

What's Traction Control? 600RR_Rocket's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

thanks to Tim @ R-Motorsports
    Sweet! Is that an NFR? Welcome to the S2000 family!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast