+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Type-R at BW13, 2:03 and limp mode

Liked
    633 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    The Civic Type R does not belong in the same category as a car that is peppered with fully functional ducting and heat exchangers. It is instead, the Pinnacle of Rice.

And its ugly too.
    They put the aftermarket stuff from the factory
    jqsti2015 likes this.

Liked
    106 times

Lots of hate for the Civic. This type R obliterates its Ford counterpart - which is the Focus RS, not a Mustang 350. It will probably outrun a Mustang GT to boot. Who cares if itīs FWD and ugly, itīs FAST and this is trackhq.
    I wouldnīt buy one, but give credit where its due, hopefully Honda will put this engine in the next S2000.
    Less powah is better

Liked
    633 times

Quote Originally Posted by Nurburgring View Post
    Lots of hate for the Civic. This type R obliterates its Ford counterpart - which is the Focus RS, not a Mustang 350. It will probably outrun a Mustang GT to boot. Who cares if itīs FWD and ugly, itīs FAST and this is trackhq.
    I wouldnīt buy one, but give credit where its due, hopefully Honda will put this engine in the next S2000.
    I dont see hate here, just stating the facts. FYI the Car and Driver title of the Type R review is :"The Honda Civic Type R only looks like a tragic tuner car"
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    106 times

Car and Driver articles, thatīs exactly what I would base my car opinions on.
    Less powah is better

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2329 times

It's still ugly, overheats and for several California buyers, the same price as the GT350.

I love Honda. I have been a happy owner of their cars and motorcycles for decades. But I own no rose tinted glasses. The Type R is a poor execution of a bad idea. Honda is capable of so much more. Disappointed.
    tq3z likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2246 times

I think the pushback is from calling it a Type-R, such an iconic name. If they had called it a SI, it would be more suitable.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    106 times

Iīm not familiar with US "pricing mechanics", so I donīt know how long dealers could keep asking for that much, but the Civic is basically 1/2 the price of a GT350 in my country, and Iīm guessing most of the world.
    As for execution, minding a few radiators, seems pretty solid to me. Itīs faster than a STI, GTI, 370Z, Focus RS, and a lot of other heavy hitters etc. I really donīt know how much more could you ask from Honda and a FWD platform.

R&T: "J.F.’s lap times set the podium order the same way the road did. The Honda laps the small track nearly three seconds quicker than the Subaru, five quicker than the Nissan."
    Clash of Clans: 2017 Type R vs 2018 370Z vs 2018 STI

typer1.jpg

typer2.jpg

typer3.jpg
    Last edited by Nurburgring; 08-13-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Less powah is better

"Shoe"
    Liked
    515 times

Um... no it doesn't, especially Focus RS' equipped with the PSC2 tire. No one has done a proper back to back comparison between the two cars on the same day with the same pro driver. And Nurburgring lap times are a joke and Ford has never set an 'official' time -because they don't do 'Ring times.
    bellwilliam likes this.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    515 times

A year ago I predicted a PSS equipped RS at a 2:02-2:05, so I'd feel pretty confident that a PSC2 equipped RS would be faster than a CTR. Really need to see a proper back to back on the same day because BW can easily vary by over a second.
    bellwilliam likes this.

Liked
    15 times

Iīm not familiar with US "pricing mechanics", so I donīt know how long dealers could keep asking for that much, but the Civic is basically 1/2 the price of a GT350 in my country, and Iīm guessing most of the world.
    As for execution, minding a few radiators, seems pretty solid to me. Itīs faster than a STI, GTI, 370Z, Focus RS, and a lot of other heavy hitters etc. I really donīt know how much more could you ask from Honda and a FWD platform.

R&T: "J.F.’s lap times set the podium order the same way the road did. The Honda laps the small track nearly three seconds quicker than the Subaru, five quicker than the Nissan."
    Clash of Clans: 2017 Type R vs 2018 370Z vs 2018 STI

Attachment 11182

Attachment 11183

Attachment 11181

I have been considering to buy a CTR for a while but I doubt it would be faster than a STI or old EVO. They should be close.
    BW 2:03.3 shows it.
    VA(15) STI/FRS

Liked
    15 times

Media loves to overrate a car now. It happens to focus rs and now it's civic type r.
    Now there are a few Evo final edition still not sold in dealer. Last year I remember they all had around 6000usd discount, nobody buying them.
    VA(15) STI/FRS

Liked
    45 times

Lots of hate for the Civic. This type R obliterates its Ford counterpart - which is the Focus RS
    Lets see how easy it is to overcome the alleged Type R over-heating issues. The RS might get 4-laps in the same conditions before the famed "AWD OFF" message would appear from an over-heated PTU. Track newbies might be happy with the RS as it is an easy car to drive fast but a newbie is not likely to push the AWD torque vectoring system as much and may not see the AWD Off message with the same frequency as a more experienced driver. The trouble with the RS is that solving the drivetrain overheating issue is going to be really, really expensive.

Liked
    2246 times

Quote Originally Posted by jqsti2015 View Post
    Media loves to overrate a car now. It happens to focus rs and now it's civic type r.
    Now there are a few Evo final edition still not sold in dealer. Last year I remember they all had around 6000usd discount, nobody buying them.
    I was surprised when 1/2 of the initial Type-R review weren't so great. Usually journalists want to be on the good side of manufacturers or they aren't getting invited back. It usually took 6 months before you see the first negative review. So in this case, you know Type-R isn't well loved.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    47 times

Why would anyone pay over sticker for THAT!?
    Thanks,

Chad
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype #02 (Chassis #20)
    1969 911ST vintage racer
    1972 911T Numbers Matching under restoration in my garage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2