+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanB
  • 2 Post By apexdc
  • 1 Post By SteveLevin

Thread: TrakkTape - anybody here use it?

Liked
    277 times

Default TrakkTape - anybody here use it?

Does anyone here have experience with TrakkTape (www.trakktape.com)? If so, please let us know about your experience with it. I'm thinking about using it instead of the usual blue painters tape.

Liked
    2356 times

I've never used it, but I like that it comes in rolls larger than 3-inch painter's tape.

Liked
    223 times

I prefer gaffer tape. Polyken 510. No/low residue, right amount of tack for race cars. Won't remove existing decals/vinyl. Good strength.

Liked
    223 times

Having said that and giving this product another look, it seems like a good option for street cars on track days. I've seen Saran Wrap -like temp plastic wraps that seem effective on track days for street cars. Alternatively, Clear Bra holds up very well for a slightly more permanent solution.
    MikeColangelo likes this.

Liked
    551 times

We use Carpet Mask to protect carpeting while remodeling houses or when new. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same product. I have left it on carpet for up to 30-days with no ill effect.

Liked
    30 times

I have used it for about 2 years - on and off. Its fairly pricey. It sticks well dry - but does not like to get wet (rain). It will begin to
    release if you drive in the rain - but slowly and usually at the ends first (even if they are wrapped under).

Getting it on without a lot of bubbles takes a little of practice. Use the provided felt tool.

I speculate that it starts life as some type of adhesive film and it is cut down to rolls. I would use it more if the cost was less.

Liked
    2 times

Default Howdy from TrakkTape!

Quote Originally Posted by Estoril View Post
    I have used it for about 2 years - on and off. Its fairly pricey. It sticks well dry - but does not like to get wet (rain). It will begin to
    release if you drive in the rain - but slowly and usually at the ends first (even if they are wrapped under).

Getting it on without a lot of bubbles takes a little of practice. Use the provided felt tool.

I speculate that it starts life as some type of adhesive film and it is cut down to rolls. I would use it more if the cost was less.
    Hi, I'm David Christian, track day junkie (Lotus Elise) and founder of TrakkTape. I started TrakkTape because the clear bra (mandatory option!) was getting cut up by small rocks on track.

I just stumbled across this thread and wanted offer a deal on our large rolls to the forum members here.

The tape is manufactured in 600 foot lengths, so our cost is by far best on those rolls. To make the other rolls, we have to strip the tape off, cut it, then rewrap it on smaller rolls. It is a lot of work and our cost goes WAY up. Normally our 6" x 100' roll sells for $65. But our 6" x 600' roll sells for $145. Six times as much tape for a little over twice as much.

I would be happy to offer anyone here a 6" x 600' roll for $120. Just put a note with the order (at $145) or send me an email info@trakktape.com and I will immediately refund $25 to you. A common pattern with my repeat customers is they order a small roll to try it out and then order a big one. This way, you can try a big roll with no risk.

Because, I always offer a full money back guarantee, including return postage, in case you decide you don't like it. So, what have you got to lose?

There are lots of FAQ's at TrakkTape, best track day paint protection, as well as a page of tips when starting going to track days. Your first track day?? TrakkTape can help

Have fun out there!!

David
    MikeColangelo and ucfbrett like this.

Liked
    609 times

For those using tape as extra protection, that sounds awesome.

I had my Wife's Subaru Outback wrapped in a shiny red she liked (it was white when we bought it because she hated all the Subie colors but loved the Outback) and I have to say it's taken a surprising beating and been well worth it.

We don't track it, of course, but we drive down to LA, and probably soon up to Portland to start house shopping there. And then you get rude people with shopping carts and door edges here!

Steve
    MikeColangelo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread