+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fatbillybob
  • 1 Post By Gian

Thread: Trailer etiquette.

Liked
    464 times

Default Trailer etiquette.

I pulled in the pits into my favorite spot (off the tarmac) with the ass of my trailer where I want to drop my car and use as my pit area. I’m parked and sitting in my truck (because it’s windy and cold). Then a truck pulls in behind me. So that his trailer is not directly behind me. But when he opens the trailer his ramps cross the where my car is going to be when I pull it off the trailer.
    Then I see he is opening the garage. So I’m thinking he is going to drop the car and move the trailer. So he does drop the car and fold up the trailer door. Then starts to drop the trailer…… What the H*!!.

I walk up and ask, your not droping your trailer there are you? “Yup, I was going to put it where you were but you were taking up too much space”. You have got to be kidding? So I tell him, that there is plenty of room behind the garages, or even next to me. He said, ”well we are not going to be using it, so it will be just sitting here”. I point out that the area is a premium and most people pit here.
    He didn’t see that as his problem and left it parked length wise, taking up 4 parking spots (that’s if no on parks in front of it, where the truck would go).
    So not only does he park in my way, he has blocked off a good 8 pit spaces.
    Trailering is a pain because you need room in front (to get out if you need to) and in the rear (to roll the car on, off and gain access in and out of it.
    Personally, I like to drop the car and then, if not needed, drop off the trailer in an unused area. Just to give everyone more room. Or if you need your trailer, at lease park it off the tarmac so everyone has room.

Ok I'm off my soap box, and off to go race.
    Last edited by Gian; 05-26-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Liked
    32 times

what a dick

Liked
    142 times

You are too nice, place cones around area, and stand your ground.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    704 times

One of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of WSIR is the crappy paddock layout. It just sucks on a race weekend where most people have trailers and tow vehicles. It allows for too many opportunities for people to be asses as shown in Gian's story.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    91 times

I would have moved his trailer. I have absolutely no tolerance for rude idiots like that.
    Theseus: '94 Miata, NASA SU/TTU (in progress)
    Rover: '90 Miata, NASA PTE/E3

MJM
    Liked
    9 times

Don't they have spots marked out on the pavement?

If so take pictures and post to embarrass the jerk.

Liked
    1477 times

Track jerks are track jerks. Ever been to Laguna Seca? They circle their goddamn wagons and cut off the whole paddock. You're lucky if you can find a place to park your car out on highway 68. I once had an asshole there tell me that the 100 feet in front of his garage belonged to him. I threatened to rip off his right arm, beat him to death with it, and wipe up the mess with his team driver. He relented.
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 05-26-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    22 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Track jerks are track jerks. Ever been to Laguna Seca? They circle their goddamn wagons and cut off the whole paddock. You're lucky if you can find a place to park your car out on highway 68. I once had an asshole there tell me that the 100 feet in front of his garage belonged to him. I threatened to rip off his right arm, beat him to death with it, and wipe up the mess with his team driver. He relented.
    Lol, easy big guy!
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    1486 times

Don't mess with Richard. With the big suburban and the NRA sticker he is even more empowered!

One thing that encourages paddock etiquette is to pit with friends. You look like a small gang and no one wants to potentially answer to a large group. In the SCCA paddock we are the " c5 mafia."
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by Savington View Post
    I would have moved his trailer. I have absolutely no tolerance for rude idiots like that.
    I'm not sure how I would react to someone moving my trailer. I doubt it would be good though.

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    One of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of WSIR is the crappy paddock layout. It just sucks on a race weekend where most people have trailers and tow vehicles. It allows for too many opportunities for people to be asses as shown in Gian's story.
    Wsir is probably the best. The trick is to get them to park on the dirt, then there is lots of room.

Liked
    434 times

Same **** happened to me last year. It was one of those Panoz weenies. Said he need the space for his trailer which was coming. Only thing they ever parked there were their Range Rovers.

I had the last laugh when I lapped one of them.
    ~ Jim Tway
    Tway Motorsports
    (714) 528-2150
    #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
    Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
    PA Construction
    American Heritage Performance

Sir flink
    Liked
    552 times

Quote Originally Posted by jimt View Post
    I had the last laugh when I lapped one of them.
    hah.

One of life's little rules is "don't be a dick". Apparently, this is hard to understand.

Liked
    299 times

Should have backed up your trailer another 10ft and then you can block his trailer. He will then be forced to move. Trap him before his car comes out of trailer. =) jk. Yeah, that guy was a complete ass with no consideration for others. He can go DIAF.
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Liked
    1429 times

"DIAF" while ordinarily a suggestion I enjoy giving, is probably in poor taste spoken to someone that drives a race car.

Liked
    464 times

Well I was going to park my car right in back of him then pull my truck in front(I'm in the last group & he's in the first group..heh heh heh)
    But all worked out well. It was so windy we moved, and there wasn't to many HPDE cars so there was penty of room. So I didn't have to beat him senseless.
    Joe jordan likes this.

Liked
    29 times

its weird when you have assholes at the track when the whole point of racing is the camaraderie. glad it worked out for you.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by howang View Post
    its weird when you have assholes at the track when the whole point of racing is the camaraderie. glad it worked out for you.
    Guess it depends what your goals are. I'm not sure my goal has ever been camaraderie, it's just a nice side-benefit.

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Guess it depends what your goals are. I'm not sure my goal has ever been camaraderie, it's just a nice side-benefit.
    So what your really saying, is.. you come the the races to kick ass and take names, but you'll share a drink in a celabritory ha ha.. I kicked your ass?

+ Reply to Thread