+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TrackHQ karting meet

Liked
    10 times

Default TrackHQ karting meet

Manly, Jay and I had good time at Kart Factory today!

They do have more interesting track than Dromo1, but kart condition is still pretty un-predictable

I'm thinking about renting the track just for our TrackHQ crews, so now we need some suggestion of a best date for everyone, and I will call them for the pricing

and maybe some suggestions for what kinda format we want to run within our exclusive track time

Liked
    34 times

That was fun. Sorry for being late. Luckily I made it right before the closing time and squeezed in one run. My arms are still pretty tired. And that was only a 10 min session or so. I'm down for another one. But I think I need more at least 30 min break time in between sessions.

Liked
    15 times

ouch...you guys make the trip down here and dont call me? I'm hurt.. I really like that place.

They are very cool about doing special rates and renting the place for groups. last time the lotus group had 24 people. 3 groups of 8. 4 races per person for $50. ran from like 8pm - midnight

Liked
    10 times

we didn't plan it, my friend just called me out the last min so we were trying to rush it there before they close!

so it's about $300/hr to rent exculsive track?

$1200/4hrs = $300/hr

if we have 8 drivers, then it will be less than $40 per person

we can do 25 min open practice, drivers can pit in whenever they want to switch/try out other karts to find their favorite one of the day as long as it's not occupied, and take break if they need/want to before the next 10 min qualifying

then 5 min break before final heat of 30 laps from rollaing start (if PP runs avg of 31s per lap, it will be around 15.5 mins)

kinda tight schedule if we want to save money, maybe we all should work out!

Liked
    0 times

sounds great. I had a great time doing a group trip to Adams Kart Track a year ago. Their deal now is $750 for 10 people to do 4 sessions, 2 of them races. Trophies and sodas included.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    2 times

I'm down!

Liked
    6 times

I'm in, depending on the date.

Liked
    103 times

im down to roll, i go to Kart Factory pretty often with my friends from the subaru forum NASIOC.com

Liked
    0 times

This thread started at 1:45am and went on till sunrise. Don't you guys sleep? Glad y'all had fun...sorry I couldn't make it last night Jack. Count me in next time.

Liked
    10 times

suggestion for date?

vote ur GOOD day and BAD day of the week, and I will try to pick a day!

Liked
    15 times

Not thursday or Friday. Call them to set up a special deal as well. He'll probably do the 4 for $50.

Liked
    10 times

This is what I got from them

http://members.cox.net/kartfactory/corporate.html

MINI GRAND PRIX
    $45 per person
    8 lap practice
    8 lap qualifying
    17 lap race

GRAND PRIX
    $60 per person
    14 lap practice
    14 lap qualifying
    17 lap race

SUPER GRAND PRIX
    $85 per person
    14 lap practice
    14 lap qualifying
    14 lap semi-final
    17 lap race

I also asked about renting the track exclusivly, it's going to be $1500/hr, do whatever we want but pricy, so I actually think above packages are a better deal and we can still split/combine laps to our own created format!

I'm thinking about SUPER GP, but split the laps into 24 laps of open practice/choosing karts, 10 laps of qualify (grid by best practice time), 25 laps of race (grid by best qualify time)

More date sugguestions and we will need at least 8 drivers to make it happen!

AJ, looks like you guys got a better deal last time, mind asking them again?

Liked
    15 times

Im thinking it was because we had over 20 people. We basically got the GP with one extra practice session.

Liked
    0 times

I'm in for sure, if we have an event. I didn't know Kart Factory was even around. The funny thing is that I live one mile away. So if anyone wants go hit me up. I did just go down there to check it out(couldn't find it at first). I was surprised it was fun course and I like it better then dromo and k1. I still like dromo way they set up the races. I have to say it's different haveing the blind corners at KF. So sound like everyone been there few times. So what's a good lap time on the full lay out?

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by White Mustang View Post
    I'm in for sure, if we have an event. I didn't know Kart Factory was even around. The funny thing is that I live one mile away. So if anyone wants go hit me up. I did just go down there to check it out(couldn't find it at first). I was surprised it was fun course and I like it better then dromo and k1. I still like dromo way they set up the races. I have to say it's different haveing the blind corners at KF. So sound like everyone been there few times. So what's a good lap time on the full lay out?
    I dont have any of my time sheets anymore but I want to say we were in the low 29's....I think.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    I dont have any of my time sheets anymore but I want to say we were in the low 29's....I think.
    Thanks that give me an idea. I'm second off pace so look like I will have to go couple times to get up to pace.

Liked
    10 times

How next Sat or Sun morning 11AM?

1. Jaku

sign up only if you are ready to pay 25% deposit anytime, which is about $21?

Liked
    6 times

I vote for the Super GP also.

I will be working Saturday April 5th, but I'm down for Sunday April 6th at 11. If that's the date certain, then I'll pay the deposit and will see you all there.

So does Sunday, April 6th work for everyone?
    Last edited by desertosprey; 03-26-2008 at 07:02 AM.

Liked
    0 times

This is one genius idea. I won't know if I have to work until the Friday before. If there is still room by then I would like to join you guys, if not, Next time I will be there.
    John
    #522 996 Spec / GTS3
    JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Liked
    0 times

I'm good for Saturday 5th 11am. Can't make it Sunday 6th until late afternoon. Question when there more certain date who do we give the deposit to, Kart Factory?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast