+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Track day damage liability

Liked
    366 times

Don't drive other peoples cars unless you know them on a friend basis or have that sort of thing worked out. I'd fix whatever was damaged on this car personally if it were me though. If you went off you went off - it is highly likely damage was not found until later so leave room for discretion.

Also - when driving other peoples cars, try to drive 7/10th or so to avoid risk. Too many people try to be heroes in someone elses car (I can think of another member in specific and Mike has had firsthand experience with this) and its for no good reason. It's also pathetic and laughable at the degree of try-hard.
    Do you understand?

Liked
    142 times

If this ever happens again, tell them to follow your car. If the can keep up with out upsetting the car then they are learning if not then they are not ready to drive fast.
    Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 07-21-2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Made an assumption
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    60 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Tire has no business dismounting in a slide unless you catch an edge. Were the pressures crazy low?
    This. If you didn't go off track, then tire debeading is without question his responsibility, as is any damage incurred. (although I personally agree with other posters that any damage incurred, outside of gross negligence/intentional, when someone requests that you drive their car is all the owner's responsibility)

Give him nothing.

FWIW I remember Billy posting on your thread when Alex rammed your BRZ into the wall at BRP -- something about someone with a LSx swapped FD, I believe, and the guy asked Billy to take it out to do some hot laps. Billy did and motor blew due to insufficient oiling. Just falls into the "tough ****, prep your car properly next time" category.

Oh, and anyone who cries about plastic underpanel damage on a track car is a ****ing pussy and should stick to hanging out in parking lots.
    Follow my racing: https://www.youtube.com/ryandhouck
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race bike)
    2014 Triumph Street Triple R (street bike)
    2009 Honda S2000
    2008 BMW M3 (sold)

Liked
    366 times

What if its JDM plastic?
    robburgoon and JJ1 like this.
    Do you understand?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2