Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SeanB
  • 1 Post By cosmin
  • 2 Post By SeanB

Thread: track battle: awd vs rwd

Liked
    15 times

Default track battle: awd vs rwd

I only find out japanese version but cars speak for themselves.

NSX TypeR, 370 Nismo, STI Spec C, IS F Tom's

http://youtu.be/xm96d4roGxw

VA(15) STI/FRS

Liked
    207 times

The NSX, for such an iconic car, is one the most disappointing cars I've driven (vs. expectation). For all the strained brand associations with Senna, it didn't seem he was thrilled with the car and was involved far too late to make a difference. I still smile when I see one though.

The IS-F is a hoot to drive but far from nimble. When I drove one at BRP it was more punch and go, even w/o VSC/TRC.

The STI and Evo are excellent cars. But they look better in mud, preferably on a single lane country road.
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    71 times

Meh. Not quite a battle with Tsuchiya just blocking the Nissan and Honda. But what do you expect, it's Tsukuba.
    deng likes this.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    515 times

Stock NSXs (especially NSX-Ts) are a bit disappointing. However Stock Zanardis and Rs are almost as different to the base car as a GT350R is to a V6 Mustang rental car.

The NSX has a chassis and suspension decades ahead of it's time and it's dynamically one of the best cars I've driven. They are amazing with coilovers, and the car does everything you ask it to. It's really a drivers car.

I think you don't quite know Sennas history with it. Also you may change your opinion if you got to drive a properly modified or Zanardi/R.

Liked
    207 times

That NSX was a thing of beauty. It's no big revelation that your modified NSX is nothing like a stock street version. That tends to be true of most cars with added coilovers, better tires, and some modest tuning.

Also you may change your opinion if you got to drive a properly modified or Zanardi/R.
    Sounds like you're volunteering a car. Name the time and place! I'll bring beers so I can lick my wounds after we compare lap times.

"Shoe"
    Liked
    515 times

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
    That NSX was a thing of beauty. It's no big revelation that your modified NSX is nothing like a stock street version. That tends to be true of most cars with added coilovers, better tires, and some modest tuning.

Sounds like you're volunteering a car. Name the time and place! I'll bring beers so I can lick my wounds after we compare lap times.
    My car just has coilovers, an NSX-R wing, and OS Giken LSD and did a 58 at BW full of luggage with a full interior, subwoofer, and 235/275 NT05s 7 years ago when the track was much slower.

I've driven over 30 different NSXs of various levels of builds. Stock EVOs and STIs are just as floaty. But the NSXs Dynamics are still impressive by today's supercar standards.

Liked
    207 times

I was thinking more of your FXMD that was running low '40s and not that far off the Atlantics on the same asphalt.

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by cosmin View Post
    Meh. Not quite a battle with Tsuchiya just blocking the Nissan and Honda. But what do you expect, it's Tsukuba.
    NA2 NSX TypeR is definitely faster. The reason why I enjoy these videos is they share same hp(300hp) and similar tires... Feel more like a spec race from different brand.
    Another interesting video in which NSX TypeR is in front. 7 laps, similar cars, same group of drivers.
    https://youtu.be/FCTVFcN_mG4
    Last edited by jqsti2015; 08-03-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    VA(15) STI/FRS

"Shoe"
    Liked
    515 times

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
    I was thinking more of your FXMD that was running low '40s and not that far off the Atlantics on the same asphalt.
    You mean a 1:37.5

I was talking about stock and lightly modified cars. You tried to discredit my comments by bringing up the FXMD racecar.

Quote Originally Posted by jqsti2015 View Post
    NA2 NSX TypeR is definitely faster. The reason why I enjoy these videos is they share same hp(300hp) and similar tires... Feel more like a spec race from different brand.
    Another interesting video in which NSX TypeR is in front. 7 laps, similar cars, same group of drivers.
    https://youtu.be/FCTVFcN_mG4
    The greatly varying driving talent makes BM just an exercise in entertainment. So many BS "races" just turned me off from enjoying them anymore

Liked
    207 times

You tried to discredit my comments by bringing up the FXMD racecar
    Discredit, no.

I just want to be sure you bring the right NSX when you start handing out rides.
    Stuntman and bawareca like this.

+ Reply to Thread