+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Toyubaru video review.

Liked
    704 times

Default Toyubaru video review.

Looks good to me and even tempting . . . if you can fit little ones with booster seats in the backseat.

99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Liked
    70 times
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Liked
    143 times

I will probably pick up one of these. The aftermarket for these will be huge. I also need a 4 seater so this replaces the NC as the daily driver.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2395 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
    I will probably pick up one of these. The aftermarket for these will be huge. I also need a 4 seater so this replaces the NC as the daily driver.
    4 seater in addition to the BRZ I assume. The rear seats are vestigal, kids only.

Anyway, yeah me too. I don't need one but want one. Considering adding it to the Miata in our development. Which means we make specific wheels, suspension engine, aero bits for, and race them. We'll see.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    641 times

I am happy someone manufactured the ideal car.This guy didnt find any downside,even the slightest clue of any imperfection.
    Oh,and of course every driver oriented car nowadays has this steering wheel mounted cruise control stalk.

Liked
    1477 times

I wouldn't say it's the ideal car. It's underpowered. But just the fact that any car mfgr is making an affordable rwd enthusiast car with stick in "green" 2012 is great.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I wouldn't say it's the ideal car. It's underpowered. But just the fact that any car mfgr is making an affordable rwd enthusiast car with stick in "green" 2012 is great.
    The irony got lost on the translation

Liked
    1477 times

^^^Nuance gets lost when reading it on an iPhone screen.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    366 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    4 seater in addition to the BRZ I assume. The rear seats are vestigal, kids only.

Anyway, yeah me too. I don't need one but want one. Considering adding it to the Miata in our development. Which means we make specific wheels, suspension engine, aero bits for, and race them. We'll see.

If this happens I'm in. Otherwise, not too interested in this car.
    Do you understand?

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

ive been real excited about this car! cant wait to drive one
    Jairo "Hido" J

Gamble It Films!
    http://www.GambleItFilms.blogspot.com

Liked
    12 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post

Please do it Emilio. This will be my next car.

Liked
    3 times

What makes this car better than the Genesis Coupe? I dont know much about either car but an NA 2.0 putting 200hp doesn’t sound like too much fun :P Ive been looking at the Gen Coupe as a daily car....

At least the Gen Coupe is turbo which to me sounds like a fun car. As much hype there is around this car, it doesn’t do much for me.

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2395 times

Quote Originally Posted by colatkitty View Post
    Please do it Emilio. This will be my next car.
    Not really up to me, it's up to the car. If it's worth messing around with like an S2000 or NA/NB Miata, I'll keep it and develop stuff. If it's a tuner unfriendly platform, I'll pass. My feeling is that it will be good.

Not having driven the car, I already have regrets that it uses Mac Struts. Huge handicap right from the start. That front end will never go over bumps, stop and turn s as well as a wishbone suspension. But you can't fit wishbones and the Boxer in the same space with having really bad instant centers from too short arms. I wonder how Porsche makes it work. It's also a cost saving measure as struts are cheaper to build. Sad though, it's just that detail away from being a nearly perfect sports car isn't it?

To get it to turn with race tires, we'll probably have to run like -4 or -5° front camber, 1" thick roll center adjusters and bump steer kit. That's gonna suck on the street. We'll see.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2282 times

Quote Originally Posted by f20kills View Post
    At least the Gen Coupe is turbo which to me sounds like a fun car. As much hype there is around this car, it doesn’t do much for me.
    for someone with a S2K, you should be able to relate to this car, decent power (~200whp), zero torque (150ft/lb)..

although I do like this car (heck, I own a S2K) and will probably get one next year, I understand this won't be a big seller.
    a perspective buyer is going to walk into a Subaru dealership due to all the hype. he is going to walk out with a WRX instead...

WRX is cheaper, faster, AWD, more power, more interior space, rear back seat, bigger trunk space....
    WRX won't have better handling dynamic, but dynamic don't sell cars...
    so I do think when the hype fade after 6 months, it will sell in low volume...
    Last edited by bellwilliam; 02-09-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    3 times

^^200Hp on a RWD car should be close to ~165-175WHP right?
    I do relate to it, but the Hyundai just seems to have the better engine/platform to make it a really fun car....heck, you can even get a 6cyl. one!

Liked
    103 times

but FRS/BRZ=2700lbs, genesis coupe=3400lbs LOL

Liked
    3 times

^^Really!! hmmmm didnt know what :P
    But im sure there are some easy turbo upgrades that can get it to 300hp easy...2.0 NA, not so much Ill have to do some more research on these cars lol

Liked
    143 times
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

Liked
    111 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    WRX is cheaper, faster, AWD, more power, more interior space, rear back seat, bigger trunk space....
    WRX won't have better handling dynamic, but dynamic don't sell cars...
    so I do think when the hype fade after 6 months, it will sell in low volume...
    I disagree. The WRX is ugly, has know reliability issues (ringlands), brakes are inadequate for the power, understeers like mad and gets horrible mileage. It's not cheaper either.

I think the BRZ/86 will be a success. It will go head to head on pricing with the Golf GTI, Cooper S, Civic SI, WRX and Genesis, while offering a nice balance of power/weight/handling/mileage.

949Racing involvement would be great news.
    Less powah is better

Liked
    143 times

Originally Posted by Moto-P
    Nikkei Japan articles releases details about the TOYOTA 86 "CAN-BUS - Bluetooth/USB systems being developed for user interfacing of data in 30+ parameters, including engine ECU data, Geo location data, yaw and g-force sensors, and chassis sensors. It will be open sourced for licensed and registered software developers and make it's way to smartphone applications for social interconnections, as well as more specific uses such as tuner development, black-box loggers, and even gaming devices interfacing such as GT5 for replay and simulations.

This is basically something I wanted to leak long ago, but have been keeping my mouth shut from our meetings with the Chief, and now I'd like to say that it has been in development for quite a while now, and that it will be a reality, and a reasonably ready state for consumer use.

At least for unregulated states and countries, and on raceways, we might see a future in more readily customizable ECU's as well as development with much greater information parameters from our cars, not just in the FT86 siblings but for many of the future sports cars? I would love to believe so...

What do you think about lifestyle in which we share ECU parameters on the web? and racing our virtual data of actual driving and putting them against each other on GT5? or even testing new engine and chassis parameters on such devices?? World is limitless when it comes to digital integration of cars to modern networked computing.

Perhaps this is one of the very necessary ingredient and by-product of future autonomous cars, but it's exciting to think that such technology will also make possible, more ways to enjoy sports cars and automobile customizations in a whole new way as well.

Lastly, President of Toyota, Akio Toyoda, also thinks so as well, and takes part, first hand, in development of devices like this, as well as classic art of tuning the cars the old fashioned way, by taking it for a blast on race tracks all over the world.
    robburgoon and SDSUsnowboards like this.
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast