+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: Toyota USA leaving SoCal, but Mercedes West Coast USA HQ coming here

Liked
    1477 times

Default Toyota USA leaving SoCal, but Mercedes West Coast USA HQ coming here

Recently we learned that Toyota's USA HQ in Torrance, CA is being abandoned for for a corporate move to (oy vey) Plano, TX. This is a big hit to the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, where I live and work. I just heard on the TV News that Mercedes is going to build its USA West Coast HQ in Long Beach, not too far from the South Bay. What comes around, goes around . . .

I belong to a professional organization that meets monthly at the Toyota Automotive Museum in Torrance. Great venue, and we will be sad to lose it. They have 3 1967 Toyota 2000GT cars, which were featured in a James Bond movie ("You Only Live Twice," starring Sean Connery), and are worth $600,000- to $700,000- each. Beautiful cars. Plus lots of other interesting Toyota and Lexus cars from the last 60 years, including lots of formula cars on the back wall. Go see the Toyota Automotive Museum in Torrance before it closes.

Last edited by Richard EVO; 06-04-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    ucfbrett likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread