+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tomei / Cusco WRX STi Time Attack Car(1:44 at BW13)

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tyler View Post
    Yeah I really noticed it in the sweeper and the kink after riverside. Who knows, maybe they didn't put up video of his best lap.
    +1

Damn I REALLY want a sequential. Knock off a second or two easily.

Liked
    26 times

Quote Originally Posted by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong View Post
    Some of you(competitor builders) may be interested

The car proves what 400 something whp can do with the right setup for handling.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhiP2kQjWNQ&feature=player_embed ded[/YOUTUBE]
    I know Hara San, Great guy
    Everytime he visit L.A we always have a drink.

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    +1

Damn I REALLY want a sequential. Knock off a second or two easily.
    At least.

Liked
    15 times

^ +1

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Here's a pic from the day I shared a garage at Cal Speedway with my buddy Tarzana and his Skyline GT-R at the first Redline Time Attack a few years ago (my white Evo VIII RS behind Skyline). He was pretty fast that day and won the event by about 3 seconds over Kent Jordan and the Muellerized Evo.

but Muellerized Evo is...
    oli is already more than 3 sec faster than that evo last time at sows

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    But seriously, and maybe it's just my n00bishness coming through, I wasn't as impressed from the apex of Riverside pretty much to Sunset. No doubt it's a fast car though.

Steve
    i agree
    his line was smooth but did not impressed me with a wow at all
    watching drivers from his level (or should i say fame level), id expect a line or turn in or move that i cannot possible copy myself
    and the lift at the end of sweeper just blowed me off
    Last edited by momofoolio; 01-23-2010 at 10:31 PM.
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2398 times

Car clearly a big mid corner push and he was trying to drive around it. Assuming the ran C91's, which are best on like their first 2 laps then fall off. That he has a rear drive style not really suited to a inherently tight AWD/FWD set up made it worse. You can't just always lift and expect the car to rotate in. Some times a dab of left foot brake, toss or some other trick will do it. I find myself often using the brakes to get the nose to rotate in on tight AWD/FWD cars. Even with the push, the grip and acceleration off the turns on that thing is mad.

He's very precise and has excellent car control though. Definitely drives like a pro but one that hasn't seem to adapted to the particulars of that car or the track 100% yet.

Goes too hot into the right kink after grapevine, coasts on the exit halfway down the next chute. oops. A tiny dab of brakes and tiny toss to rotate in there would have netted a faster sector from grapevine to bus stop braking point.

Drives right down the inside of Riverside like Spec Miata, opposite side of the track from the usual high hp line. That causes him to track out too far left exiting which forces him to lift for the left kink and hit the bump there at the wrong angle. Part throttle all the way through Riverside with only a short burst of WOT before the kink into Phil Hill. Notices how he waits for the car to settle after the bump at that kink before getting back to WOT. Coasts for about 300ft in the second fastest part of the track. oops.

Starts kinda wide going into the sweeper and brakes kinda too early there as a result. Takes a while to realize that a squared off entry into the sweeper is slower than a dive bomb trail braking entry tight on the inside. oops.

Not that I or any of the guys reading this could do it any better but those are my observations.

Gotta love the sequential.
    Last edited by emilio700; 01-25-2010 at 12:15 PM.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2282 times

I aint never posting my video
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    165 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Car clearly a big mid corner push and he was trying to drive around it. Assuming the ran C91's, which are best on like their first 2 laps then fall off. That he has a rear drive style not really suited to a inherently tight AWD/FWD set up made it worse. You can't just always lift and expect the car to rotate in. Some times a dab of left foot brake, toss or some other trick will do it. I find myself often using the brakes to get the nose to rotate in on tight AWD/FWD cars. Even with the push, the grip and acceleration off the turns on that thing is mad.

He's very precise and has excellent car control though. Definitely drives like a pro but one that hasn't seem to adapted to the particulars of that car or the track 100% yet.

Goes too hot into the right kink after grapevine, coasts on the exit halfway down the next chute. oops. A tiny dab of brakes and tiny toss to rotate in there would have netted a faster sector from grapevine to bus stop braking point.

Drives right down the inside of Riverside like Spec Miata, opposite side of the track from the usual high hp line. That causes him to track out too far left exiting which forces him to lift for the left kink and hit the bump there at the wrong angle. Part throttle all the way through Riverside with only a short burst of WOT before the kink into Phil Hill. Notices how he waits for the car to settle after the bump at that kink before getting back to WOT. Coasts for about 300ft in the second fastest part of the track. oops.

Starts kinda wide going into the sweeper and brakes kinda too early there as a result. Takes a while to realize that a squared off entry into the sweeper is slower than a dive bomb trail braking entry tight on the inside. oops.

Not that I or any of the guys reading this could do it any better but those are my observations.

Gotta love the sequential.
    I almost want to say the video was of an out-lap. Notice where the car is at the exit of T1, right at the beginning of the in-car footage... No way he would be in the middle of the track like that on a hot lap..... right???

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by momofoolio View Post
    but Muellerized Evo is...
    oli is already more than 3 sec faster than that evo last time at sows
    You apparently don't know what Evo I'm talking about. I mean Kent Jordan's Evo VIII race car from 2005/2006 when he won the SCCA S.F. Region championships in ITE (both years) and SP (2006) with 20 ITE wins in a row against Viper Comp Coupes, Z06s, Ferraris, Porsches, etc. etc.

Not John's Evo X modified street car that ran recently at SOW.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

FIA WTCC/Formula D Driver MiataCharles_Hong_Kong's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

So if the WRX had sequential, it would run close to 1:41 to 1:42? It clearly has a H pattern shifter from what I see in the video, and listed as cusco 6 speed dog mission on the intro.
    Last edited by MiataCharles_Hong_Kong; 01-25-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Liked
    366 times

So if the WRX had sequential, it would run close to 1:41 to 1:42? It clearly has a H pattern shifter from what I see in the video, and listed as cusco 6 speed dog mission on the intro.
    i didnt wanna say it first but im glad you did charles, haha
    Do you understand?

Liked
    165 times

You know he meant to say "dog-box"

It doesn't matter how the gears are stacked (sequentially vs. an H-pattern), what matters is that it uses dog gears instead of syncros, the gears are straight-cut, and the ratios are optimized.

Liked
    1 times

hehe timing the straight line acceleration of the car, I'm pretty sure it has more than 450whp =) It's pretty much inline with the rest of the unlimited time attack cars.

Anyone else notice cars with the hankook slick tires seem to require a different driving style, it seems like the tires needs more slip angle than usual to generate max grip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2