+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By c32b

Thread: Time attack run in Sepang plus Wasp splitter review

  1. #1
    Senior Member c32b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    10 times

    Red face Time attack run in Sepang plus Wasp splitter review

    Hi folks, managed to get another run at doing a time attack in sepang in Malaysia. Was up against well funded cars and teams but managed to eke out a podium finish, missing a win but under 2 tenths of a second despite numerous mechanical issues.

    Also included a mini review of the Wasp Race Splitter

    Hope you enjoy the read!

    Racing with my S2000: Back to Attack-ing 2013!
    krazik likes this.
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

    http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,717
    Liked
    742 times

    Default

    I am honestly shocked than an MRS was competitive. Good work!
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

  3. #3
    Senior Member c32b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    10 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    I am honestly shocked than an MRS was competitive. Good work!
    He had some work done but if you read my article you can see how severely handicapped I was. Both the leader s2000 and I were facing mechanical issues and we were easily 1-2 secs off the pace.

    However during the high speed sweepers I was reeling him in. That despite my totally messed up alignment
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

    http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    Senior Member Silversprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    827
    Liked
    143 times

    Default

    That MRS is a 2zz but its not gutted so the s2000 still has better power to weight ratio. Listening to the engine it sounds like it keeps falling out of lift so might also have the stock 5-speed.

    Riyoz Racing Toyota MR-S / Spyder with 2zz-ge engine in Sepang Circuit ( SIC ) - YouTube
    MR2 Spyder 2zz turbo
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Porsche 911E

  5. #5
    Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,717
    Liked
    742 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silversprint View Post
    That MRS is a 2zz but its not gutted so the s2000 still has better power to weight ratio. Listening to the engine it sounds like it keeps falling out of lift so might also have the stock 5-speed.

    Riyoz Racing Toyota MR-S / Spyder with 2zz-ge engine in Sepang Circuit ( SIC ) - YouTube
    Per the comments, it was a six-speed. The switchover sounded pretty high, maybe stock. His speed was pretty impressive. A non-gutted 2zz Spyder is only slighty faster than my gutted 1zz, which is slow in relative terms to just about every other car.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

  6. #6
    Senior Member c32b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    10 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    Per the comments, it was a six-speed. The switchover sounded pretty high, maybe stock. His speed was pretty impressive. A non-gutted 2zz Spyder is only slighty faster than my gutted 1zz, which is slow in relative terms to just about every other car.
    Driver is good! Need to lose weight, am getting killed on that power to weight, time to do some jogging lol!
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

    http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    Senior Member c32b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    101
    Liked
    10 times

    Default

    Can just about spot me making a getaway in this video ZTH TimeToAttack Sepang Round 1 2013 Street NA FF - YouTube
    Rediscovering my love for the racetrack.

    http://racings2000.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts