+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking of going to the Continental Tire Monterey Gran Prix, what to expect?

Liked
    6 times

Default Thinking of going to the Continental Tire Monterey Gran Prix, what to expect?

Thinking of buying the 3 day pass... to those of you that has gone before, just a few questions about the event.

Is there a massive jumbo TV, or multiple smaller TVs located in strategic locations so wherever you are in the facility you can keep track of the race?

Is it worth it to pay for the preferred parking? I won't mind walking quite far. If the free parking is just a little bit further away, compared to the preferred. I'd rather walk.

I've been to the facility for a track day before, love the pit area, as we can walk around freely and check out all the different racecars. Will it be the same for this event except for much nicer racecars and baller tents?

Any general tips for the event?

I've camped there 1 night before, was not bad and I love that i can take a shower and hear racecar sounds passing by. But my wife is not so much a camper, so I might opt for a motel nearby.

To those of that might go, hope to see you guys there!

Liked
    2243 times

I think there's a big TV on the main standings tower,but I don't know that it's large enough to take in the whole event. I've only attended the Historics there, but my guess is you can expect to walk around to and spend some time watching from all the different turns.

If preferred parking gets you in to the area between Turn 2 and Turn 6, it might be worth it. You're going to be doing a lot of walking no matter what.

I don't know about pit access.

Motels get expensive around race weekends. Plan to spend some time on the phone calling around to find the best rate/track proximity.

Liked
    6 times

Thanks ucfbrett for the tips!

A bit bummed with the major screw up at Sebring...

+ Reply to Thread