+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Team 949 Racing at 2012 NASA Nationals Mid Ohio

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2422 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I noticed you pushing Jeremy. Other than that, it was hard to tell who else you pushed. So this car is going to be a TTS car next year? What are the plans? Maybe some ST2 or STR2?

Emilio, the video you posted for the Championship race doesnt work --> Team 949 Racing at 2012 NASA Nationals Mid Ohio

Wow! What a fun race to watch. The first half was nerve wracking mostly because the differences in speed were pretty big between the cars. And because of that it sucked watching them fly by you in the straights when you were so much faster than them everywhere else. I wouldnt be surprised if the PTB Acura was trying to help out the PTC RSX by holding you up. I love how they would reel you in on the straights, and youd crush them in the turns, like 4:30-4:55. Or like 9:55-10:25, you passed the PTB Acura on the inside of T2, then you made your car nice and wide down the straight to defend. After that you left him and the Mustang in the dust! Lets not forgert the pass on the PTC RSX to reclaim the lead. Icing on your Championship cake was setting the PTC track record in L22 while finishing first in the entire group by a huge margin! Which was also faster than the TTC track record you set?! So much win in this video! The competition is obviously lacking in PT, but you showed them what a skilled driver can do with a beast of a Miata. Congrats!

Btw, i noticed in the first half of the race you were using 5th through T1, and i kept thinking that 4th might be better. But during the second half of the race you started using 4th. Why switch to 4th during the 2nd half of the race, was 4th faster or was it something else?
    Thanks!

I haven't even looked that closely at the classes. I'll approach it more from the standpoint of building the car I want to drive then figuring out where it fits, NASA style.
    Rough sketch of Crusher next year. 10" wheels with FA slicks or maybe 245/580 R80 Hoosiers, second element on wing, fast back (not ST2 legal), Borg EFR 7064 turbo making around 325whp, maybe 2100# comp weight. I want to run with the Z06's, the same way. Get beat in the straights but own them in the turns.

Started using 4th in T1 because I picked up a bit of a push about halfway in. When it was neutral I could go in without brakes in 5th, just lift and flick and it would carve right around with minmal scrub. When the push came in, it was hammering the fronts to do it that way, In 4th I got a bit more engine braking to help rotate the car. Towards the end I still had to brush the brakes to set the nose. I usually don't worry about exit speed to much but with a 1/4mile uphill straight after that fast left, I was trying to nail it like T9 at WSIR.
    Neocataboi likes this.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    28 times

Quote Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
    Rough sketch of Crusher next year. 10" wheels with FA slicks or maybe 245/580 R80 Hoosiers, second element on wing, fast back (not ST2 legal), Borg EFR 7064 turbo making around 325whp, maybe 2100# comp weight. I want to run with the Z06's, the same way. Get beat in the straights but own them in the turns.
    Fastback isn't PT legal, but is definitely ST legal... 2100#/325whp right on the edge of ST1 for that configuration. Nice numbers. 0.55 for 2100#, 0.75 for slicks, 245mm gets back 0.4. So you're sitting at 6.46#/whp with a goal of 6.4#/whp. If you were satisfied with 218whp you could run ST2...

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Thanks!

I haven't even looked that closely at the classes. I'll approach it more from the standpoint of building the car I want to drive then figuring out where it fits, NASA style.

Started using 4th in T1 because I picked up a bit of a push about halfway in. When it was neutral I could go in without brakes in 5th, just lift and flick and it would carve right around with minmal scrub. When the push came in, it was hammering the fronts to do it that way, In 4th I got a bit more engine braking to help rotate the car. Towards the end I still had to brush the brakes to set the nose. I usually don't worry about exit speed to much but with a 1/4mile uphill straight after that fast left, I was trying to nail it like T9 at WSIR.
    Cant wait to see it in action. Yeah, those numbers puts it in ST1/STR1/TTU. Youd have to do something like running less power to run in ST2/STR2/TTS. This basically sounds like the faster version of my friend Scott Howards ST2 1st gen RX7. I forgot his CW, but his car makes around 230-240whp, and runs on 16x11 wheels that are coupled with 10.5" slicks. His car is a moving chicane in the straights but owns almost everyone in the corners. As much as id love to see your car in ST1/STR1, historically the competition has always been in ST2. Curious to see how things unfold the next 2yrs and what you end up doing.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    1 times

awesome job! i wanna get my miata up and running so bad right now

Liked
    466 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Ready to put that front bumper support back in yet? I've had good luck beating on out of class cars that are being troublesome. You can just pound on them until they decide the best option is to let the faster out of class miata!
    If he goes any faster he'll need a snow plow blade in the front.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    977 times

fast back (not ST2 legal)
    Might want to double check this. I don't see anything in the rules suggesting it wouldn't be legal.

Liked
    984 times

I wonder if the turbo would have any problems running long endurance races? BTW, you will smoke ZO6's down the straights too at 6.5 lbs/hp on slicks!
    Last edited by redtopz; 09-14-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Liked
    2422 times

Mazda had the crew from Goracingtv come by and interview us. They just posted this last night. Kinda cool. Hopefully I didn't make too much of an ass of myself
    949 Racing embroidered logos didn't make it onto suit in time. They're on there now.

WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Liked
    1430 times

Nice job with the interview Emilio!

Liked
    1430 times

Emilio is the GoRacingTV hero of the weekend.

Insiders Report Sept. 10, 2012 - YouTube

17:30 or so.

Liked
    2422 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Emilio is the GoRacingTV hero of the weekend.

Insiders Report Sept. 10, 2012 - YouTube

17:30 or so.
    Thanks!
    I didn't know about the mention in that broadcast. Cool.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Nice videos.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

+ Reply to Thread