• 1 Post By Richard EVO
  • 1 Post By bawareca
  • 2 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: Stolen formula drift car found

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Default Stolen formula drift car found

Im guessing some of you have seen this. I dont know this guy so other than this link i dont know what happened. Its pretty amazing how they were able to find his car.

- My Stolen Formula Drift S13.4 240SX, The Story You’ve All Been Waiting For...
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    11 times

In the Article: "As we were forced to leave the inside of the house, we recognized the wife of one of the thieves who was guilty by association."
    So basically someone they knew was involved in this?

Why anyone would put a heavily modified, brightly colored, trendy drift car in storage in Carson is beyond me.
    Good they found it of course, been there on that end with keys in hand and looking at at an empty spot where ones vehicle stood 10 minutes ago.

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Yeah, it sounds like some of the people involved know them somehow.
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    1477 times

Not sure you are supposed to call 911 about a junked car.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Thievery is bull ****. We should go back to removing hands for all thefts over a certain dollar amount. It's interesting that the police took so long to respond when the witnesses called while a crime was being committed. I would have been temped to get a faster response from the police by stating I was going to make a citizens arrest using force, then hang up and do nothing as cops get dispatched much more quickly.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    142 times

@ snowboards, They did the right thing by waiting for the police even though the people were getting away, The last thing you want to do is being in court yourself for assault [OJ] or possibly worse become injured because you tried to obtain your property back. Besides there were too many people for him take on anyway, he's not Jackie Chan.

BTW They only cut hands-off Islamic countries.
    Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 01-13-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Not sure you are supposed to call 911 about a junked car.
    Felony theft in progress?

Liked
    742 times

I am not advising anyone to confront the thieves-- for the reasons you stated. Read it again.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    We should go back to removing hands for all thefts over a certain dollar amount.
    "We" never did that. Sounds like something the Taliban does. Are you really advocating that?
    ucfbrett likes this.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    4 times

Welcome to LA!! stolen cars, are an Extremely low priority here... as almost all "petty crime" is. youd be surprised how many times ive been told to handle things myself by the LAPD.. if theres no guns/shooting involved? they just show whenever... and unless you live in decent part of LA? Absolutely almost any LAPD officer will encourage you to handle this yourself as much as possible.. ive even been advised personally by a LBPD officer, "its perfectly legal to assault someone, as long as theres no witnesses" "just make sure no ones looking, and we cant do ****" so, if this was me.. id do as much as much as possible myself..

Liked
    142 times

I am not advising anyone to confront the thieves-- for the reasons you stated. Read it again.
    Oops sorry my bad posting under the influence.

Liked
    742 times

Anglo-saxons have removed hands (and other forms of mutilation) as a punishment for stealing. I am part anglo-saxon as I presume many on this forum are. My use of "we" referred to that, specifically.

I would like to promote mutilation as a punishment for theft that fits the definition of "grand theft" but ultimately it is not a feasible solution. Firstly, it violates the constitution. Secondly, it renders those who are punished useless to society, unable to contribute after having their hands removed. You can't argue against it as an effective deterrent for those who have been punished though. It could also be argued that adopting mutilation as punishment might spur development in advanced prosthetic limbs Win-win.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    142 times

I say take the perp to a strip club then use the Gallager Bash-o-matic on their nads, place them on a butcher block, one bash for each nad. No more breeding = no more thieves. And last no Obamacare for the perp.

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    I say take the perp to a strip club then use the Gallager Bash-o-matic on their nads, place them on a butcher block, one bash for each nad. No more breeding = no more thieves. And last no Obamacare for the perp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    Oops sorry my bad posting under the influence.
    Again !?
    SDSUsnowboards likes this.

Liked
    142 times

Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    Again !?
    Yep I need to leave the frogs alone in the creek behind where I live. Oh one more thing the the Islamic country reference, I should have said countries that punish hudud crimes. Now I will put down the iPad and back away.
    Last edited by Johnny_Se7en; 01-15-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Liked
    1477 times

You can't argue against it as an effective deterrent for those who have been punished though.
    The purpose of a "deterrent" is to deter others, not the criminals who were punished.

Liked
    742 times

Do you really think so?

So, you have not used punishment to deter future bad behavior when one of your kids did something bad?
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    142 times

Liked
    1477 times

Do you really think so?

So, you have not used punishment to deter future bad behavior when one of your kids did something bad?
    Once you have chopped the thieves hands off, how would the threat of his hands being chopped off deter him from stealing again? This argument is so stupid I can't believe I am even responding. I guess you must be suggesting that we chop off ONE hand the first time, and that would deter him from stealing again and getting the other hand chopped off. Is that what they teach at SDSU?
    hakeem and LagunaBlueS2k like this.

Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Once you have chopped the thieves hands off, how would the threat of his hands being chopped off deter him from stealing again? This argument is so stupid I can't believe I am even responding. I guess you must be suggesting that we chop off ONE hand the first time, and that would deter him from stealing again and getting the other hand chopped off. Is that what they teach at SDSU?
    You are changing the subject. You still haven't confirmed that you really do believe "The purpose of a "deterrent" is to deter others, not the criminals who were punished." If we want to discuss silly arguments then we should include that little gem.

To answer your question: I would assert it would be nigh impossible for a thief without hands to steal anything tangible. Making someone physically unable to commit a specific crime is -by definition- a deterrent for that specific crime. Whether we remove one hand or both, a thief who ultimately had both hands removed will be limited only to stealing hearts and minds by words alone. Your wallet will be safe.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Youtube Channel.

+ Reply to Thread