+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spec Miata Crash Video

Liked
    34 times

Default Spec Miata Crash Video

A friend just showed me this the other day. There are some really spectacular footage in there. I especially like the last segment where the guy's steering wheel came off and he never lifted. Freakin too cool man!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvNylkt0uvc[/YOUTUBE]

Liked
    6 times

Man, those little things like to bounce up in the air. I like the steering wheel, and the one where the black car booted the red one clean off the track. Fun stuff.

Liked
    0 times

Those spec Piniata guys are nuts.

And for the steering wheel incident, I have heard of that happening somewhat often or at least way more often than I ever want to experience when in a race.

Liked
    546 times

I've not had my wheel come off, but at Laguna I realized that I hadn't fully "clicked in" my wheel (it's a detachable) and had to fumble a bit going up the hill trying to get it set before the Corkscrew. Now I triple check that before I leave grid.

To some extent I think the crashes happen because you have so many cars capable of just about the same speed. If you look at the SCCA Runoffs (which is the only time it happens as much for many other classes) there was carnage early on in a lot of the races, even though the open wheel guys talk about driving "sanely."

Steve

+ Reply to Thread