• 3 Post By fatbillybob
  • 1 Post By ucfbrett
  • 1 Post By Gian
  • 1 Post By Gian

Thread: Something new in the driveway

Liked
    464 times

Default Something new in the driveway

The funny thing is, I have done so much R&D, building and driving Mustangs over the passed 15 + years. But never owned one till now.
    I even got the boy racer hood..lol.
    img_1686.jpg
    Olitho, MikeColangelo and Red_5 like this.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    1487 times

Congrats! when is the rollcage going in? Stangs fit in several SCCA race classes.
    Pure EvoIX, bawareca and Gian like this.

Liked
    464 times

This will be my DD & TT car for a while. Was looking at Spec Iron or CMC. But for SCCA classes, unless you go for an all out build, the V6 is more competitive.

Liked
    36 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    This will be my DD & TT car for a while. Was looking at Spec Iron or CMC. But for SCCA classes, unless you go for an all out build, the V6 is more competitive.
    Just FYI, the S197 is officially out of CMC.

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by schrotacular View Post
    Just FYI, the S197 is officially out of CMC.
    Those bastards! Oh well there is still A Sedan (I think). I guess I should read the rules to see what it will fit. Till then I'll just drive it

Liked
    2243 times

Spec Iron!

I saw that car running around Ventura. The hood gives it away. Is it a real GT? How much did you give for it, if you don't mind my asking?

Liked
    464 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Spec Iron!

I saw that car running around Ventura. The hood gives it away. Is it a real GT? How much did you give for it, if you don't mind my asking?
    Yup indeedy, it's a real GT and a real Boy racer hood (with no reason for it to be there other then the hood it came with was dented and this one was a good price and helps cooling). But I'm going with the sheriff on the "No tell" pricing. You should have seen what he did to the exhaust. I think there is mor weld then exhaust. Dam High school kids.. Oy! Still it's pretty good shape.

As for SI. I was looking into it. But think it would be much better, cost wise to buy then build.
    Last edited by Gian; 02-25-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Liked
    464 times

Well, added a few tid bits for this weekend @ ACS. Delrin Suspension bushings, Koni's, springs and Camber plates. Wasn't going to do this much just yet. But it's kind of hard not to when you have someone just start handing you parts and say. Here, you NEED this, and these.. Oh and one of those. While your car is on the rack.

img_1708.jpg

img_1734.jpg
    ucfbrett likes this.

Liked
    464 times

Well, The stang went on it's madden voyage this weekend. Took it out to ACS with the NASA folk. Had a great time. I stayed dry but the car did a good job splashing about. Rained 3 out of 4 sessions on Saturday. I missed the one dry session. But Sunday was dry 3 out of 4. So I finally some what of a chance to really drive the car.
    Car has shocks and springs and a Tune in it. Brakes and everything else was stock.

I had borrowed some tires, 275x17s, (I had found out later they were 4 years old) but they didn't work real well. 1st session I went out on the stock tires (235x17s) in the wet. Put on the race tires but it started raining and it was a hand full. So went back to the stock tires and ran faster. Think the best I could pull off was a 2:14. With some memorable side ways moments.

Sunday.
    Was for the most part dry. But I could still only pull off a 2:05 and the tires were not building any confidence that would change. Still I started having the saddle tank fuel problems. Was also dealing with, by the time I got a little heat into the tires, my brakes would go away. So last session, my buddy Derrin had issues with his car. So I borrowed his tires (last years NT01s) and finally could run full speed through the oval. Lost the brakes sooner (one lap hot, one lap cool off brakes). Started pushing the BMW ahead of me (Almost hit him under braking a few times). When for a pass and mis-shifted. Then he started turning it on and hit the tire wall coming out of the complex. My cam shut off just before it happened. I came close to being collected in the mess. But got out clean. Did a 2:00. Being that was my only true run I still need to dial it in. but it's a nice start.
    Loose Caboose likes this.

Liked
    855 times

th.jpg
    Large cahones, water pony!

Nicely done! Very tidy considering the wet and the tires.

Kind of a cool way to clean the undercarriage.
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-03-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Liked
    464 times

Thanks. This is a short video of sunday. Fastest lap I had to back off in to one because I was at redline, and still spinning the tires in the last turn going through the water. This is the same spot were the BMW in front of me would spin on the next lap. Sadly my cam stopped just before it happened.
    Last edited by Gian; 03-09-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Liked
    1477 times

^^^ "Madden Voyage"? You really can't spell . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    464 times

lol... holy crap! your right. There... fixed it, and added music.
    Last edited by Gian; 03-08-2014 at 11:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread