+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KJSCV

Thread: SK2 Skullduggery

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,003
    Liked
    887 times

    Default SK2 Skullduggery

    Buy and ship.

    Bad price, worse experience.

    Ripe for Richard . . .

    A quick breeze through this thread should suffice:

    btw: pardon the s2k typo.

    I bought a S2000 and got ripped off - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums


    Regardless, the S2k forum community certainly did provide some significant support.

    The alleged wrong-doer:

    gallery_48858_39732_68815.jpg
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-22-2016 at 05:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    287
    Liked
    74 times

    Default



    That business just lost a lot more money by association than that hardtop was worth.

  3. #3
    Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,835
    Liked
    817 times

    Default

    Based on the facts I heard, this is a simple breach of oral contract, which in CA is an enforceable contract. The craigslist ad is proof of the terms of the contract, assuming the buyer paid the asking price, which I am informed he did. Nothing is certain, but I'd sue the **** out of this guy. Allen's defense that the car was sold as-is is a case of a person using a term and not knowing what it means, and he will not find it helpful as a legal defense. Inconceivable!

    It's a shame the business is being dragged into this. It's a victim, not a perpetrator.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,003
    Liked
    887 times

    Default

    I agree that the business may be an innocent third party victim, which makes this whole thing even more troubling.

    Not to mention the injury that Allen has caused his own young family.

    The role of the internet/web in this thing also almost reminds me of the role of "public opinion" in the famous short story "A Piece of String" wherein a thrifty man's picking up a piece of string in the street leads to a very sad ending. As such, almost a double meaning for "web" in the child's rhyme: "A tangled web do we weave, when first we practice to deceive".

    Doing bad stuff on the internet - especially in the world of group forums - is like doing it in the "public square". Not nice, not smart . . .


    The Piece of String--Guy de Maupassant (1850-1893)
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-22-2016 at 06:22 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member KJSCV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Valencia
    Posts
    138
    Liked
    89 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    I agree that the business may be an innocent third party victim, which makes this whole thing even more troubling.

    Not to mention the injury that Allen has caused his own young family.

    The role of the internet/web in this thing also almost reminds me of the role of "public opinion" in the famous short story "A Piece of String" wherein a thrifty man's picking up a piece of string in the street leads to a very sad ending. As such, almost a double meaning for "web" in the child's rhyme: "A tangled web do we weave, when first we practice to deceive".

    Doing bad stuff on the internet - especially in the world of group forums - is like doing it in the "public square". Not nice, not smart . . .


    The Piece of String--Guy de Maupassant (1850-1893)
    Funny thing is turns out "Big Brother" isn't the government as described by Orwell but in fact the all seeing entity is social media waiting for us to make a mistake in some instances it's even ourselves...lol
    Last edited by KJSCV; 03-22-2016 at 07:27 PM.
    Loose Caboose likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Johnny_Se7en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Orange Curtain
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    145 times

    Default

    On the face of it it appears to be wire fraud, I'd report him to the FBI, anytime business is conducted across state lines the Feds get involved.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    54
    Liked
    4 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Buy and ship.

    Bad price, worse experience.

    Ripe for Richard . . .
    Attachment 9967
    Where is Richard?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rolling Hills Estates
    Posts
    3,003
    Liked
    887 times

    Default

    Good question . . .

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    84
    Liked
    16 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    On the face of it it appears to be wire fraud, I'd report him to the FBI, anytime business is conducted across state lines the Feds get involved.
    transaction took place in Cali, only thing that is saving him.

  10. #10
    Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,835
    Liked
    817 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrasmak View Post
    transaction took place in Cali, only thing that is saving him.
    Can you expand on this?
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Johnny_Se7en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Orange Curtain
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    145 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrasmak View Post
    transaction took place in Cali, only thing that is saving him.
    Maybe I'm thinking to simplistically, the buyer is a resident of New York state, the car was found on a website, individual receives car that is different from the pictures and the actual car viewed.

    The first two elements intent and scheme would have to be looked at by a lawyer, the third element, wire communication did happen.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts