+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simulators

Liked
    1556 times

Default Simulators

I'm interested is simulators not toys. I know nothing about them. What is the hot setup from computer needs to iracing? Rfactor?, force feedback chairs etc... Is there a known set-up that sets the standards? Or don't bother rent time from CXC in santa monica its a real simulator?

Liked
    1478 times

Emilio is pretty knowledgable about serious simulators. You could PM or email him (I will PM you his email address).
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2471 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    I'm interested is simulators not toys. I know nothing about them. What is the hot setup from computer needs to iracing? Rfactor?, force feedback chairs etc... Is there a known set-up that sets the standards? Or don't bother rent time from CXC in santa monica its a real simulator?
    Seat Time LLC

You can build a useful system at home for under $1K. Sonny, William and a few others here have done it. In fact, I think we need to have a DIY sim thread, so here it is DIY Driving Simulator thread
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

JJ1
    Liked
    185 times

I used the CXC set up and thought it was pretty good. But that being said, I feel like the software they use was almost identical to GT5. The steering and pedal feel were really good (top notch hardware). The actuators made you feel the bumps but don't give the sensation of your cars balance so I found them minimally useful. The best thing about them was they have all the local tracks and US tracks that are not on GT5. I wish there was a way to load other tracks on GT5. A few hundred dollars vs 40k for the CXC is hard to justify.

+ Reply to Thread