+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sierra Sierra Enterprises Evo test at Buttonwillow

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    why is it a waste?

how many national magazine writeups, web write ups, 50 page forum hype threads and giant trophies from scantilly clad trophy girls with 1000+ ricer fans cheering you on, have you gotten?

placing mid pack in your group, while winning your class of 4, with no one but 2 friends and maybe your wife watching, then waiting around 3 hrs to pick up your 4" trophy off of a table in the lunch room while no one is there, then going home and seeing your name burried somewhere on mylaps some how doesnt have quite the same ring to it.
    that was f'in hilarious.

RICER FANBOIZ FOHEVAHS!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sierra Sierra Evo in Japan someday taking it to the big boys.

BOOM!Tough Actin Tinactin minorthreat's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

why is it a waste?

how many national magazine writeups, web write ups, 50 page forum hype threads and giant trophies from scantilly clad trophy girls with 1000+ ricer fans cheering you on, have you gotten?

placing mid pack in your group, while winning your class of 4, with no one but 2 friends and maybe your wife watching, then waiting around 3 hrs to pick up your 4" trophy off of a table in the lunch room while no one is there, then going home and seeing your name burried somewhere on mylaps some how doesnt have quite the same ring to it.
    Jairo "Hido" J

Gamble It Films!
    http://www.GambleItFilms.blogspot.com

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    Guys, sorry, I thought Sierra Sierra hadn't run since they ran Matos and Hinchcliffe in 2007. My understanding was that both of them brought money to the table.

You should tell your friends that the company ought to update their website...I know it's not high traffic but it still talks about not running in 2008 as the last entry. Not good for business.

Steve
    Hinch did... Matos didn't bring anything... And their current driver Bomarito was hired by them to run in 2008 before they pulled out. Now he's driving the EVO.
    Montinola Racing | www.montinola.com
    Silicon Valley Racing | www.DriveSVR.com
    Driver Coaching :: Private Track Events

Liked
    58 times

dennis just emailed me and said they got home to find out they had blown another head gasket... thus all the overheating and no laps at cal speedway.

said they replaced it and all is well for now.

Liked
    0 times

why is it a waste?

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by gofaster View Post
    RICER FANBOIZ FOHEVAHS!
    believe me... i'd love to have been able to garner that kind of attention... and i miss my evo.. but with a totally stock looking evo i qualified 1st at laguna for redline TA...

drove to grid for the final session and i was held back while the stickered up, sponsored cars were moved in front of me... after all, there was NO WAY i could have been that fast with no stickers.. AMB must have made a mistake..

i also beat JC at cal speedway that year... website/mag pics of his car - a zillion.. pics of my car - 0.

so heres a tip for TAs... its all about the stickers!!!

it was kind of fun to grid with the stereo blasting, the a/c on, parking pass hanging from the rear view and the spare tire still in the trunk and knock down 90% of the "sponsored" cars... if only i would have gotten one pic in a mag!.. just ONE!

chris double checking if im even allowed on track with the sticker cars.. hahah

now what dennis did to my car DESERVES the attention... that thing is a high tech, beautiful example of how its done.

it kinda looks the same.

Liked
    0 times

ryan you sold your old evo to them? wow craziness... I was over at Cal speedway and was lingering around their pit area when they yanked out the old head gasket. I was pretty shocked when they pulled out a brand new cosworth head from their shiny trailer

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by tanK View Post
    ryan you sold your old evo to them? wow craziness... I was over at Cal speedway and was lingering around their pit area when they yanked out the old head gasket. I was pretty shocked when they pulled out a brand new cosworth head from their shiny trailer
    part of the center console and the shifter are still the same i think... but yeah... my old car is under there somewhere.

i bet they could have pulled a new cosworth block or two also.

Liked
    1 times

it kinda looks the same.
    hey your old car had a better angle exiting the corner !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2