+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I buy?

Liked
    142 times

Default Should I buy?

Hey guys I found a 1994 Civic that looks to be a Si, you can never know now days. Anyway it's for sale for $ 2500 With some issues, like cracked windshield and buckling around the sunroof, no cat, and the vin number looks like it was installed backwards, should the vin number under the windshild be readable from the outside upsidedown?
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    10 times

my Honda's VIN is rightside up..
    you seen Hondas "Body in White" the sell now? $3500 supposedly..

Liked
    2243 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    Hey guys I found a 1994 Civic that looks to be a Si, you can never know now days. Anyway it's for sale for $ 2500 With some issues, like cracked windshield and buckling around the sunroof, no cat, and the vin number looks like it was installed backwards, should the vin number under the windshild be readable from the outside upsidedown?
    The key questions are why is the windshield cracked, the roof buckled and why was the VIN plate removed and reinstalled incorrectly?

Sometimes cars get hit on a corner so hard they buckle the roof, which also might explain the windshield. Usually it's a front corner. Is it a salvage title? If it was hit hard enough and not repaired properly, the suspension pickup points could be way off, which is something you don't want in a street car or track car.

The VIN plate is supposed to be oriented to be read right side up, left-to-right standing outside the car looking through the windshield. Does the VIN match the one stamped on the firewall?

Seems to me you could find a virgin 1994 Civic Si for $2500 elsewhere, if you look hard enough.

Liked
    142 times

Thanks guys, the car is kind of riced out cf hatch, hood and wing, but I want something that I can drive to the track and this car has too many questions about it. Guess I will wait until I can find a cheep NB.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

+ Reply to Thread