+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeColangelo
  • 1 Post By fatbillybob

Thread: SCCA Announces New Time Trials Nationals Event

Liked
    278 times

Default SCCA Announces New Time Trials Nationals Event

Sounds like the SCCA is trying to invest more in its Time Trials program and doing some unique things.

The final rules set is not yet out but from what understand, these are the key points:
    1. 4 Levels of prep
    2. Classing for all autocross and road racing cars (no guarantee on how competitive a car will be within a class but that's already true in autox and road racing)
    3. Event will include three days of racing (time trials):
    A. Day 1: Traditional full session time trials format (your fastest lap within a full session)
    B. Day 2: Time Attack format: warmup lap followed by a single flying lap
    C. Day 3: Hillclimb-inspired "point to point" (limited to a section of track) (imagine Buttonwillow CCW from start/finish to the bus stop, including Phil Hill)

Here's the official link:
    https://www.scca.com/articles/200895...ationals-event

I'm really interested in this and hope they have Time Trials Nationals events here on the west coast.

What do you guys/gals think of this?
    Olitho likes this.

Liked
    1720 times

I think this is awesome "IF" TT is separate from racing like auto x, roadrally, and rally cross is separate from racing. The last thing I want is an even more congested race weekend or something like a megaRunoffs.
    MikeColangelo likes this.

Liked
    278 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    I think this is awesome "IF" TT is separate from racing like auto x, roadrally, and rally cross is separate from racing. The last thing I want is an even more congested race weekend or something like a megaRunoffs.
    I agree. Being that it's a "Nationals" event, I suspect it's going to be standalone from road racing events.

+ Reply to Thread