+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Save the Manuals!

Liked
    111 times

Default Save the Manuals!

All cars should be manual in the future, mainly to keep idiocy off the public roads.

[YOUTUBE]pPAe6w4ypK8[/YOUTUBE]
    Driving to the limit is my goal.
    Winning with Team 949 Racing is merely the result.
    2013 NASA TTD National Champion
    NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill Winner: 2011 E2 Class & 2012 E1 Class.
    Multiple wins in NASA PT and WERC series, with many more to come.

Cheer for us during races throughout the year and like us on Facebook and Twitter!

"Drive well and have fun." Drive W2W in the SuperMiata Race Series. Also, see me in action on YouTube.

Liked
    1477 times

Agreed. It's getting harder and harder to buy one, even in "entusiast" cars. Certain top end Ferraris only come with F1 paddle shifters. Current BMW M5 and M6, so far as I know, are only no-clutch-pedal transmission (all of these are just automatics, as far as I am concerned). Nissan GT-R -- same story. Why would anyone buy a Porsche with a tiptronic slushbox? It sucks.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Sir flink
    Liked
    552 times

Liked
    97 times

There's still hope for BMW! "Initially, a seven-speed sequential manual gearbox was the only transmission choice, but thanks to some disgruntled American clientele, U.S.-bound cars were later available with a six-speed manual as well." bmw m5 motortrend

Liked
    1477 times

The difference between European drivers and American drivers is that European drivers don't care if their brakes squeal, just as long as the stop the car. American drivers don't care if their brakes stop the car, just as long as they don't squeal.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    546 times

You guys need to go back to watching the Andy Griffith show.

Old style shifting is ... Old

Steve

Sir flink
    Liked
    552 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    The difference between European drivers and American drivers is that European drivers don't care if their brakes squeal, just as long as the stop the car. American drivers don't care if their brakes stop the car, just as long as they don't squeal.
    wtf is it with euro brake pads? Every BMW/Audi/etc you see has black **** all over the front wheels. I put some nice American Hawk ceramics in the x5 - much much better.

oops, sorry. A bit of off-topic free association there...

Manuals are a few percent more fuel-efficient than autos, which is why they're used more in Europe. Plus French drivers are more manly.

Liked
    15 times

great intention but somewhat a funny video imo lmao
    momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Liked
    1 times

i know ppl were complaining about the e60 m5's not having a manual transmission when they first came out. and when my friend was in the market for his m5 a couple years ago, the dealership practically couldnt give the manual m5s away.

Liked
    0 times

This video is hilarious and true. I don't understand why the average person thinks driving a car with a manual transmission is such a problem? I enjoy it and I don't find it bothersome, even in traffic (the usual commuter's complaint). I guess the average person doesn't enjoy driving like many of us do though.
    Hella Functional

Liked
    51 times

The automatic, along with all the other features that add weight and cost to cars these days, are what a majority of americans want and thus, that is what the car manufacturers are going to give us.

S**t, there are even cars that parallel park themselves

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by ASSALBERT View Post
    i know ppl were complaining about the e60 m5's not having a manual transmission when they first came out. and when my friend was in the market for his m5 a couple years ago, the dealership practically couldnt give the manual m5s away.
    The fact that certain expensive cars have more resale value with a slushbox than a stick is just one of the costs of being a purist (of benefits, if you are a buyer). They could have given away a manual M5 to me, but the sure couldn't give me a paddle-shift automatic posuer car.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by jnathan68 View Post
    The automatic, along with all the other features that add weight and cost to cars these days, are what a majority of americans want and thus, that is what the car manufacturers are going to give us.

S**t, there are even cars that parallel park themselves
    Even Mitsubishi, when it went from the Evo IX to the Evo X, added 300 lbs. to the car, and the top of the line MR is only available with a paddle-shift, no clutch pedal "SST" gearbox that is a piece of crap on track and goes into limp mode after a few laps. Manuals are an endangered species.

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Even Mitsubishi, when it went from the Evo IX to the Evo X, added 300 lbs. to the car, and the top of the line MR is only available with a paddle-shift, no clutch pedal "SST" gearbox that is a piece of crap on track and goes into limp mode after a few laps. Manuals are an endangered species.
    In my opinion that's one of biggest engineering blunders of late. That and the use CVT transmissions again
    Hella Functional

+ Reply to Thread