+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RRE = Race Proven Results

LongWinded National Champ Bueller's Avatar
    Liked
    168 times

Default RRE = Race Proven Results

My name is Ed Nazarian. I race my Evo 9 in Super Touring with Socal NASA. If you venture into the Motorsports forum you may have seen my threads. If you havenít, you can read about my racing program here:

- EdNazarian
    - RRE

One factor that is important for me is reliability. RRE has proven to me what they can do because given their work on my racecar (tuning, maintenance, and so forth), in return I have provided race proven results. We finished our 2009 racing season successfully, and started the 2010 race season on a solid note by finishing the first 4 races of the season. If you havenít seen it yet, you can read and watch my in-car videos about our triumphant finish of our race weekend at ACS:

- Ed Nazarian @ ACS Roval 3/13-14/10: Super Touring race results
    - Videos and Pics

What surprises me the most is that we have accomplished all this with my OEM engine, which is coupled with RREís tuning. That, in my opinion, is noteworthy. This above all is a testament to RREs tuning and all the work that they have done on my racecar.

Most people donít know that our Regional races are 35min each. Even some NASA members who do HPDE and TT donít know that. Most people also donít know that we have (2) 35min races during every event. Thatís over 1 hour of racing during every event. How many Evos do you know that are being pushed on a racetrack for a 35min race, post relatively fast lap times, finish that race, get a podium, let alone win? And then do that all over again the next day. The whole point of racing is to win. But you have to be able to finish the race to have a chance at winning. It does not always happen, so it would be a major understatement if I said Iím impressed. RRE has given me the opportunity to do this with my racecar:

- (10) 35min Socal Regional races
    - (1) 20min race at 2009 Nationals
    - (1) 45min 2009 National Championship race (ended really short because I was hit)
    - (12) Races in total
    - Finished 11 out of 12 races

When it comes to Evos, thatís what we call race proven results at RRE. However, this thread isnít about whoís the best shop/tuner around. This thread is about what I have been able to accomplish with my Evo 9 racecar with RRE tuning and wrenching on it. Therefore, you canít deny those results, because the proof of the pudding is in the eating. And I believe I have proven what RRE is made of because actions speak louder than words. It takes not only time to prove that, but also some real testing. And where better to test something than within the strenuous conditions of racing? My experience has shown me that Iím not going to find the failing points of something as evidently in a HPDE, or in a Time Trial/Time Attack type event. I know this because I have done those type of events. Given my experience, racing is on a completely different level. But donít take my word for it, go find out for yourself.

Having said that, I know that I have been extremely lucky thus far racing with my OEM engine, and who knows how long this will continue for. Aside from being lucky, there is one vital factor...RRE. And if anyone can find the limits of anything relating to an Evo, given the strenuous conditions of racing, I would be one of those people. Our next 2 races are coming up at BRP. I know most of you have some loyalty with whatever shop youíre with. Donít feel uncomfortable to come check out some of our races. I have been down that road and have experience with people who are a nightmare to deal with. I donít care who does what to your car. So donít be shy, come and cheer us on and see if I can make it through another weekend of racing unscathed. :fingerscrossed:

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at the proceeding link because PMs are difficult to keep track of:

- Sponsor/Contact me

Thank you to those of you who have followed our progress. We genuinely appreciate it.

Getting ready:

RRE who?

Mike came prepared:
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    546 times

Wow...I've heard of having custom tools for particular jobs, but bringing custom people... that's just amazing!

Steve

Liked
    1477 times

The closer to stock the better for a race car engine. It's reliable. Super boosted 600 rwhp Evos are lucky if they last 10 seconds.

Driver skill, tires, suspension, brakes, aero and weight reduction (to minimum allowed weight) are all more important than sheer hp in racing where cars are classed to be similar. The T1 Corvettes all have stock engines and they are very fast and successful in w2w racing.

I have come to the conclusion, after 7 years running open track with modified cars and 2 years of W2W racing that the last thing you want to do is add a lot of hp to your car, at the price of reliability. I have a long list of things I want to do to my S2K, and adding power is nowhere on that list. I was just talking to Robi about this yesterday and he agrees (although he might deny it publicly).
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 03-31-2010 at 03:31 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    22 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    The closer to stock the better for a race car engine. It's reliable. Super boosted 600 rwhp Evos are lucky if they last 10 seconds.

Driver skill, tires, suspension, brakes, aero and weight reduction (to minimum allowed weight) are all more important than sheer hp in racing where cars are classed to be similar. The T1 Corvettes all have stock engines and they are very fast and successful in w2w racing.

I have come to the conclusion, after 7 years running open track with modified cars and 2 years of W2W racing that the last thing you want to do is add a lot of hp to your car, at the price of reliability. I have a long list of things I want to do to my S2K, and adding power is nowhere on that list. I was just talking to Robi about this yesterday and he agrees (although he might deny it publicly).
    Richard, I whole completely agree with you. I am an example of the same thing. I have driven my C6 Corvette for 2 and 1/2 years as hard as I can drive it and to a lot of events and the only thing I have done to the engine is change oil and filter. It does have a cold air system and exhaust system with a dyno tune but I am running now within a few seconds of the T1 guys with a stock street car that out weighs them by maybe 500-600 lbs.

I am having a blast with it and would recommend to others to develop your suspension for handling, aero and braking and most of all your driving skills to go faster. Most of us have all the HP we need to go fast and have fun.
    Corvette Specialty C6
    Life is like a race, the best times win!

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    My name is Ed Nazarian. I race my Evo 9 in Super Touring with Socal NASA. If you venture into the Motorsports forum you may have seen my threads.
    Hi, I'm actor Troy McClure. You might remember me from such educational films as "Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly," and "Here Comes the Metric System!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bps-xbo8wnA

Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    Hi, I'm actor Troy McClure. You might remember me from such educational films as "Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly," and "Here Comes the Metric System!

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

"Shoe"
    Liked
    542 times

Liked
    704 times

Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntman View Post
    Look whos talking. At least i dont quote myself in the 3rd person.

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    977 times

Liked
    27 times

Sorry Ed, but that was funny!
    2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by DocNrock View Post
    Sorry Ed, but that was funny!
    Its hilarious. I love that clip.

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    168 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    Wow...I've heard of having custom tools for particular jobs, but bringing custom people... that's just amazing!

Steve
    Youre not special enough until you have custom sized people wrenching on your car.

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    168 times

Breaking news!!! Troy McClure announced today that Ed Nazarian and his crew have been busy at RRE adding some goodies in preparation for something special... Stay tuned for the new press release.

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    1429 times

Breaking news!!! Troy McClure announced today that Ed Nazarian and his crew have been busy at RRE adding some goodies in preparation for something special... Stay tuned for the new press release.

Special as in "I can't drive so I drive an evo" special?

Liked
    1477 times

The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    168 times

You almost had it. Its more like...Since Ed cant drive the car that drives itself, he needs to add more stuff to make up for his slow ass.

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Liked
    1429 times

You almost had it. Its more like...Since Ed cant drive the car that drives itself, he needs to add more stuff to make up for his slow ass.
    Curse you and your magical insult deflection powers!

+ Reply to Thread