+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Rosberg v. Hamilton on purpose or racing incident?

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2395 times

Quote Originally Posted by OJR View Post
    One thing is for certain, I don't think Hamilton will chop Rosberg off again.
    this
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Liked
    2282 times

if this happened in SCCA or NASA, will Rosberg get penalized ? that's the question.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    52 times

Same scenerio with Kimi & Magnussen in Malaysia, Magnussen's front wing touched Kimi's rear tire & caused a puncture on Kimi's tire, Magnussen got a 5 second stop and go penalty and 2 penalty points on his racing license. Magnussen did not even steer into Kimi's car.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1991 SuperMiata, 139 rwhp - My SuperMiata Race Car!
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S - Daily Driver / Weekend Cruiser
    2015 Dodge Durango R/T - Family Car / Tow Vehicle

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    if this happened in SCCA or NASA, will Rosberg get penalized ? that's the question.
    NASA, no penalty.

SCCA, no penalty, but Hamilton gets told his car is too ugly at the next event and is refused tech.
    Olitho, Red_5, ucfbrett and 3 others like this.

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by e5pr1t View Post

The way I look at it is easy...if you hate Lewis, it's his fault no matter what. Even if was brake failure or engine fire...still Hamilton's fault. If you don't hate Lewis, it's Nico's fault in this case...

Weak management in Mercedes, Toto Wolff is just a PR, Paddy Lowe can design a good car, not managing, I'm not sure what authorities Niki Lauda has...If Ross Brawn is still at Mercedes, it wouldn't get this bad...
    For the hate,or not liking,same goes the other way around.But dont remember Nico complaining too much.Agree for the weak management.
    That situation was easily predictable watching the previous races.It may be a surprise to many,but not to me.Lewis was asking for that to happen in a few occasions,and now is heartbroken after it didnt go his way.As I said,he may have had the right to the racing line,but his actions,or being unaware as he is trying convince us, lead to the accident.He paid the price,now he has to learn to accept that in the real world everything you do has consequences.

Liked
    981 times

The way I see the video, Nico is 99% at fault here. And that's from Nico's camera. I guarantee from Hamilton's camera it looks like Nico is 100% at fault. He never had Hamilton. You can't just expect a guy to move aside because the front of your car is at his rear wheels approaching a corner. If he moves then great, take it! But you better be prepared to back out if he turns in and takes his apex. No way is Hamilton going to give Nico that corner with how far back he was. And I think Hamilton will do the exact same thing next time. Let's see if Nico has the balls to hit the back of his car again. I doubt it... not if he wants to race with Mercedes again. Plus this was what the 2nd lap of the race? And they are on the same team. Pretty bad move by Nico IMO. Save it for the end of the race and score points for the team.
    Last edited by redtopz; 08-25-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    bellwilliam and 2GRX7 like this.

Liked
    977 times

Yea, kind of surprised anyone thinks this is anyone other than Nico's fault. Is the guy in front just supposed to leave a door open because the car behind has their wing/splitter at your rear wheels?

Awesome to have this kind of drama in F1.

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Yea, kind of surprised anyone thinks this is anyone other than Nico's fault. Is the guy in front just supposed to leave a door open because the car behind has their wing/splitter at your rear wheels?

Awesome to have this kind of drama in F1.
    Good point about the drama. May bring in more viewers next time. Speaking of which I missed the race and I think there's a replay tonight at 6 pm.

Liked
    546 times

Actually, there were a few moves like this during the race and the drivers gave each other room. You ask me, Nico's point was that because they have been on the same team, several times previously, he's not pushed as hard on Lewis as he would have on someone not his teammate, and he's gotten tired of that being used to his deteriment. This time, he raced Lewis the way he'd race anyone else to make a point that either you are teammates and yield a bit (as Nico has done previously over the past couple of years) or you aren't.

Lewis is quick to race hard when it's to his advantage and slow to yield to Nico if Nico's on a faster/different strategy. He's clearly not going to get it his way moving forward.

Steve
    bawareca likes this.

Liked
    1429 times

Oh, BS. Anyone else would have chopped his nose off. F1 drivers give no f*s for overtaking traffic. Until your nose is ahead of theirs, you pretty much don't exist.
    2GRX7 and redtopz like this.

Liked
    981 times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
    Actually, there were a few moves like this during the race and the drivers gave each other room. You ask me, Nico's point was that because they have been on the same team, several times previously, he's not pushed as hard on Lewis as he would have on someone not his teammate, and he's gotten tired of that being used to his deteriment. This time, he raced Lewis the way he'd race anyone else to make a point that either you are teammates and yield a bit (as Nico has done previously over the past couple of years) or you aren't.

Lewis is quick to race hard when it's to his advantage and slow to yield to Nico if Nico's on a faster/different strategy. He's clearly not going to get it his way moving forward.

Steve
    After watching the incident live during the race I'm not sure it was intentional. But are you actually blaming Lewis for this? Or you just don't like Lewis. Of course he races hard and wants to beat Nico. The only question is did Nico screw up or did he intentionally take out Lewis. I didn't realize Nico ended up in 2nd place. Even more controversial with the season points situation. Pretty harsh to hear the boos after the race regardless.

Liked
    1486 times

Well at the end of the day they are both losers. Maybe they will take each other out enough to give Ricciardo the championship.

Liked
    2282 times

There are history to this

A month ago. Lewis ignored team order to let Rosberg by.

3 months ago at Monaco, Rosberg intentionally bogged Lewis during qualifying. Yes, Rosberg did it on purpose. He put the car in reverse - what's the point of putting the car in reverse at last qualifying lap ? When there is no more qualifying.
    Supermiata S1, SuperMiata S2, Supermiata S3
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350 !!
    08 M3 - Carmax warranty !!
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S

Liked
    1486 times

This is pretty funny

Hamilton needs to so this to Rosberg
    Richard EVO and bawareca like this.

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    This is pretty funny

Hamilton needs to so this to Rosberg
    Hamilton is the one not using his mirrors,so the other way around would be more appropriate

OJR
    Liked
    102 times

Quote Originally Posted by bellwilliam View Post
    3 months ago at Monaco, Rosberg intentionally bogged Lewis during qualifying. Yes, Rosberg did it on purpose. He put the car in reverse - what's the point of putting the car in reverse at last qualifying lap ? When there is no more qualifying.
    Trolling?
    Just a guy racing stuff. #GetSickTour
    Facebook Instagram

Liked
    1477 times

I'm on Lewis' side. I can't explain why, except that Nico is a putz . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    52 times

I could be wrong, but I honestly don't think so...I know a lot of people that follow F1, but I haven't came across anyone that rates Nico as their favorite driver, or most hated driver. I know a lot of people rated Lewis as their favorite driver, yet even more rated him as the most hated driver.

Does anyone care about Nico winning WDC prior to the 2014 season, or prior to him doing a Schumi in Monaco 2014? Nico was never that popular like Hamilton, whether on the like or hate side. He was just an above average driver...so I would say most of the comments that support Nico's move in SPA still come from hating Hamilton. Most of the people that want to see Nico winning WDC hate Hamilton...

One thing for sure though, Because of his little tricks, Nico is quickly being added to people's hated list...even at a rate faster than Hamilton
    Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    For the hate,or not liking,same goes the other way around.But dont remember Nico complaining too much.
    Last edited by e5pr1t; 08-25-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    2GRX7 and Johns_EvoIXSE like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1991 SuperMiata, 139 rwhp - My SuperMiata Race Car!
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S - Daily Driver / Weekend Cruiser
    2015 Dodge Durango R/T - Family Car / Tow Vehicle

Liked
    641 times

^^^I am not on the Niko's side,neither hate Lewis.His behaviour could be just funny to me if it was not patethic.And I dont really think that Lewis is the guy that attracts that strong of a love/hate feelings.Now,Schumi was another story.......

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif
    Liked
    345 times

Nothing black or white here. Shades of gray. Should Nico have backed out and left more room? Sure. Hamilton certainly knew Nico was there, no doubt. Should Hamilton have given more room? Sure. Sometimes it doesn't matter what the rules say. If you take yourself out of the race, rules won't help much to make it right. You've got to be there at the end to win. The stewards may penalize the offending driver for the incident but that won't affect the victim drivers finishing position. The best approach is to do whatever is necessary to keep the equipment intact and retain the ability to fight for a good finish even if it means giving a little (sounds a lot like club racing ). It was the second lap of the race and there was no need to take chances with anyone, especially the teammate, given the speed of the Mclaren Mercedes. At least gap the field first and then sort it out. The biggest loser is the team but they also bear responsibility (quite a lot) for not anticipating this sort of thing and laying down orders to help prevent this incident. Everyone, including Lauda, saw it coming. At this level of racing this discussion should not be happening and this type of incident should not tolerated by any team.

Smack them both I say. I'm not a Hamilton or Rosberg fan. No dog in this hunt.

Cardinal rule: Don't hit your team mate. This rule superscedes every other rule.
    Last edited by markn; 08-26-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    ucfbrett, OJR, bawareca and 2 others like this.
    AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
    Iron Canyon Motorsports
    http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast