+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Rosberg v. Hamilton on purpose or racing incident?

Liked
    2242 times

Default Rosberg v. Hamilton on purpose or racing incident?

Liked
    94 times

Much too unpredictable of an outcome to do on purpose with an open wheel car.
    bawareca and markn like this.

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Richter View Post
    Much too unpredictable of an outcome to do on purpose with an open wheel car.
    Doesn't mean that Nico wasn't stupid enough to do it anyway.

F1 rulings tend to be pretty tough on overtaking drivers. He should have given way only a smidge of overlap.

Usually deliberate contact in F1 is done by using your strong rear tire to smash their smaller front tire or front wing. Granted the front wing can be sharp when broken, but the front of the car seems to take the worst of it, 9 of 10 times. When I first heard the story I thought Nico was ahead and chopped.
    2GRX7 likes this.

Liked
    1486 times

He did not do it on purpose. Wolfe or who ever said Nico's words taken out of context. He purposely did not yield his position nor loose momentum backing way out. It was a close racing incident as evidenced by no FIA penalty. You know what would have happened. Lewis thinks he has rights because he is in front and Nico must yield. Nico does back out just a bit but does not loose momentum. If he backout our all the way and then foot flat on gas again Lewis would have been 3 car lengths away and nico was not going to give that advantage. Nico took the risk and they both loss but Lewis lost more. That is the result of playing chicken you might loose. Racing is a psych game too. Neither wants to give the psych advantage to the other setting the tone for the entire race. Its a case of mind games and testosterone.
    OJR and Blackbird like this.

Liked
    52 times

From Nico's onboard video he turned into Lewis really hard...I guess this is just like Monaco, only Nico knows if he did it on purpose or not. Toto Wolff did admit that Nico said he could avoid it but did not just to prove a point.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1991 SuperMiata, 139 rwhp - My SuperMiata Race Car!
    2006 Porsche 911 Carrera S - Daily Driver / Weekend Cruiser
    2015 Dodge Durango R/T - Family Car / Tow Vehicle

Liked
    2242 times

Which begs the question what was the point he was trying to make?

Liked
    977 times

Carl you probably think Schumacher didn't take out Damon Hill on purpose!

Liked
    50 times

Lewis could have left room and still have the inside for the following 2 corners. He chose to get the car aggressively to the apex.

Nico wanted to show he wasn't going to back down unlike Bahrain so there you have it.
    SteveLevin, OJR and bawareca like this.

Liked
    1486 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    The point is to not give lewis the psych advantage and tell him in no uncertain terms that nico is not going to get pushed around. What this teaches lewis is that if this situation comes up again (which it will) nico is willing to throw the race away of both of them and will do anything to win the championship. Racing you take calculated chances. sometimes you win sometimes you loose. I don't compare nico to senna but senna is the one with the famous quote in the Jackie Stewart interview about crashing saying something like "you are not racing if you see a gap and don't take it." I guess nico does not have the prowess of senna to live that statement and just comes off like a jackie Ickx hence the podium boos.

Liked
    52 times

According to Lewis, it was a payback for not letting Nico through in Hungary, at least that's what he thinks...

Hamilton said: "He said it was my fault and that he could have avoided it but he didn't want to. It was interesting because we had that meeting on the Thursday and Nico, he literally expressed how angry he was. I was thinking, it's been three weeks you've been lingering [with this]'. He sat there and said how angry he was at Toto and Paddy but I thought it should be good [in the race]."

Slow motion of Nico's steering input in the link below...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w05Y5CjkGA...600/01Ham4.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Last edited by e5pr1t; 08-24-2014 at 06:39 PM.
    bellwilliam and Loose Caboose like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liked
    2242 times

People can hang onto grudges for far longer than three weeks (lots of examples from history on that topic), so that doesn't surprise me.

Liked
    1477 times

This F1 season is about Ricciardo and Bottas, not Rosberg and Hamilton, who might have the fastest cars, but they are in dysfunctional City . . .
    Steve35 and bawareca like this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by fatbillybob View Post
    The point is to not give lewis the psych advantage and tell him in no uncertain terms that nico is not going to get pushed around. What this teaches lewis is that if this situation comes up again (which it will) nico is willing to throw the race away of both of them and will do anything to win the championship. Racing you take calculated chances. sometimes you win sometimes you loose. I don't compare nico to senna but senna is the one with the famous quote in the Jackie Stewart interview about crashing saying something like "you are not racing if you see a gap and don't take it." I guess nico does not have the prowess of senna to live that statement and just comes off like a jackie Ickx hence the podium boos.
    Sorry! The only thing Nico did was make it easier for the Lowe and Wolf to sit him if he does it again. Lewis doesn't have to worry because if the teams bosses are true to their word and Nico does it again, he'll sit and place Diresta in-an easy points score man.

The only reason why the officials didn't impose a penalty on Rosberg is because his race was damaged as well-he was being investigated at the time.

As far as Lewis feeling he had the "right" to the racing line-HE DID! Funny how when you're used to racing up front for victories, there's a proper etiquette everyone, who's run at the front, seems to understand-if you're not clearly on the side with a front wheel in view, the lead driver has the driving line. Alonso does it, Riko does it, Vettel's done and Schumi started it!

Message to Nico-You're on the sharp-end of the grid now! Get your mind out of the mid-field mindset. Take off the diapers and drive like a champion

Liked
    641 times

Lewis is a crying baby,and he proved it once more.He pushed Nico around more than once and what happened was about to be expected.He may have had the right to the racing line,but driving like there is no one beside you have consequences,most of the time.
    OJR and Blackbird like this.

Liked
    114 times

If Nico were beside him, he would have had the racing line. Nico's the one that was under investigation but because his race was hampered, it was deemed a racing incident.

For more eveidence, review the Magnussen, Alonso investigation. Alonso was "beside" Magnussen on the outside of the turn and Mag pushed him off the track.

I've said it before, if you're the pursuer and you do not have a wheel in front of the cockpit, you're the one at fault. It is up to you to make a clean pass, whereas, as the peursuer, if you do have proper positioning on the lead car, it is then the lead cars' responsibility to provide adequate racing room to the side. Probably sounds different to club racing, but those are the facts.

Liked
    52 times

That's funny, have you seen Nico's onboard in slow motion? Nico steered the car into Lewis...Nico said it was Lewis' fault because Lewis did not leave him enough room. So I guess Nico had all the rights to steer into Lewis for not leaving him enough room? Or not letting him through in Hungary? Then he said it was only the British people that booed him... Who's the crying baby?

Here is the slow motion onboard again...

The way I look at it is easy...if you hate Lewis, it's his fault no matter what. Even if was brake failure or engine fire...still Hamilton's fault. If you don't hate Lewis, it's Nico's fault in this case...

Weak management in Mercedes, Toto Wolff is just a PR, Paddy Lowe can design a good car, not managing, I'm not sure what authorities Niki Lauda has...If Ross Brawn is still at Mercedes, it wouldn't get this bad...

Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    Lewis is a crying baby,and he proved it once more.He pushed Nico around more than once and what happened was about to be expected.He may have had the right to the racing line,but driving like there is no one beside you have consequences,most of the time.
    Last edited by e5pr1t; 08-25-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by e5pr1t View Post
    That's funny, have you seen Nico's onboard in slow motion? Nico steered the car into Lewis...Nico said it was Lewis' fault because Lewis did not leave him enough room. So I guess Nico had all the rights to steer into Lewis for not leaving him enough room? Or not letting him through in Hungary? Then he said it was only the British people that booed him... Who's the crying baby?

Here is the slow motion onboard again...

The way I look at it is easy...if you hate Lewis, it's his fault no matter what. Even if was brake failure or engine fire...still Hamilton's fault. If you don't hate Lewis, it's Nico's fault in this case...

Weak management in Mercedes, Toto Wolff is just a PR, Paddy Lowe can design a good car, not managing, I'm not sure what authorities Niki Lauda has...If Ross Brawn is still at Mercedes, it wouldn't get this bad...
    Wow! Wasn't going to say it-wanted to give Nico the benefit of the doubt and just say he lost control and that "move" he did was just an over-adjustment!

I agree, it was WAY more than the Englishmen wooing him-unless that whole crowd was British?!!!LOL!

Liked
    854 times

Quote Originally Posted by e5pr1t View Post
    Slow motion of Nico's steering input in the link below...

You have to wonder if the race officials saw this when they made their determination. His decisive hand action is damning evidence of ill intent.
    Last edited by Loose Caboose; 08-25-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Liked
    1429 times

Team should park him a race. Bring in an understudy for the next one.
    Loose Caboose likes this.

OJR
    Liked
    102 times

Racing incident. Hamilton didn't want to leave room and he expected Rosberg to back down. Rosberg didn't back down.

Rosberg did not steer into him, he was catching the car from a wiggle and making the corner. Rosberg was even off throttle trying to get back behind Hamilton and AVOID contact. Hamilton straight lined to the next apex as if he did not have Rosberg next to him. It even looks like Hamilton was in a bit of a push.

I hope the rumors of Mercedes regulating on Rosberg are just to calm the British press. One thing is for certain, I don't think Hamilton will chop Rosberg off again.
    Last edited by OJR; 08-25-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    bawareca and Blackbird like this.
    Just a guy racing stuff. #GetSickTour
    Facebook Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast