+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The road to the NASA Nationals

Liked
    466 times

My trip was a little less satisfying then I hoped for. I held on to P5 on and off for most of the race. Was right on P4s ass for a few laps before I clipped the curb and took the long way down the front straight. Funny thing is MyLaps has me down for 3:31.355 on lap 4. Maybe they double your lap times for off-roading. I don't know. I don't think it matters ether way, It doesn't change the outcome of the race for class. Just over all.

All the SoCal Rx7ís were 4th 5th & 6th for a few laps. I didnít get a good start. But had a good first few laps till I got real sideways coming out of the carousel. Smacked the inside curb of the last curve. I heard a loud pop. That sent me wide on the exit. I didnít try to pull it in too much. So I could keep my exit speed. But when I hit the outside curb, It pointed my car out off the track. Grass was wet, slippery and off camber. Pushing me out further into the fly by gravel run.

After that the car started feeling mushy on all the right handers. I had my hands full through the rhythm section and it just got harder and harder to handle. Still I was able to stay in 5th.

Having a good race with the #4 Miata and the #27 Intergra. I could pull out a little lead. Then lapped traffic slowed me down and they were right there on my ass. I let one of the faster class guys through and the Miata tried to sneak by with a wild outside pass into Thunder Valley. Till I spun turning into Madness. Not sure if there was something on the track or my low tire was the problem. I got it turned around and started catching 6th and 5th again. But there was not enough time with only a few laps left.

I had a good time even with all the bad luck I was having. Had a Burgoon moment in the interveiws (aaaahhh ummmmm aahhhh).Even after I 've done it my self before and kinda made a little fun of him for doing it..lol. Karma I guess... lol. Mid-Ohio is so fun to drive. The area is beautiful. I'm glad I came. I do see how much it helps suppersizeing with TT or anouther class. For nothing else then seat time. It took me till Saturday to figure out the track. I also didn't see the rule change on tires before I bought my tires. So could have used the stickier compound. So I learned a lot. Meet some great people and won some cool Mazda jackets for me and my girly crew cheff/Unbrilla Girl/car owner.

Iíll get some video up soon.
    Last edited by Gian; 09-10-2012 at 07:20 AM.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    466 times

Here is the start of the SM race..
    It was a clean start, who'd figure. I was a liittle disapionted.

To have that meny cars on track. They did an awsome bit of driving.

Liked
    466 times

Here is my Miata tramp stamp.
    img_1048.jpg
    Funny thing was in impound. No one could come in to the impound area and my door would not open. So I couldn't get out. Just had to sit there till Dennis Holloway came over thank me for letting him by cleanly and pulled out the fender.

And my flat
    img_1050.jpg
    Last edited by Gian; 09-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Liked
    466 times

What Mazda drivers think of the Mazda Support Program. - YouTube

They use some of my interveiw...lol. About 1.21

Still working the race video. my editing program is having problems and shuting down.
    Red_5 likes this.

Liked
    466 times

Still having probems with the softwear. But here we go.

Not my best race.

Liked
    466 times

Double post.... Geezzz now senillity is setting in too!
    Last edited by Gian; 10-02-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Liked
    708 times

^^isnt that the same video you posted the link to a couple of posts up?

Yabba dabba do!
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3