• 2 Post By ebruner

Thread: Return of the Torque Converter Auto Trans

Liked
    857 times

Default Return of the Torque Converter Auto Trans

BOWERSdaAZIAN likes this.

Liked
    1538 times

I have said this for years after was impressed paddle shifting the early E90 sport autoboxes vs. the SMG2 and later DCT. From Ferrari to porsche to BMW the F1/DCT shifter was always problematic which worked awesome when they were working and just beat you down when they were not. They were expensive and problematic. Today the new GM/Ford 10spd slushbox can do everything a DCT can do but with slushbox reliability that anyone can repair. I'm actually 90% in on buying the mustang GT with 10spd box for my next racecar when they are available in the fall..

Liked
    133 times

My wife has a 135is with the DCT. It's honestly an amazing transmission as long as the car is moving. If you're in stop and go traffic or in a parking lot you notice that it gets a little hokey from time to time. But when the car is in motion it's an absolute blast to drive. We had the car in for general service not long ago and I had a 328i with the new slush box in it as a loaner. While it was good for a slushbox... it still sucked ass in comparison to the DCT in the 135is and a MT car. The DCT is a transmission that has faults that I can accept for it's performancae and fun. I cannot say that about any of the new slushboxes I've driven recently. That being said, you're not going to catch me owning a DCT car outside of warranty.
    BOWERSdaAZIAN and ucfbrett like this.

+ Reply to Thread