+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Reader's Poll: Styling of 350Z v 370Z

Liked
    744 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    I have typically found the Z a confusing design. I like the car, I think the 370 has better proportions and I understand the changes, but here is a mixture of hard and soft styling lines that don't agree with me. Particularly, I don't understand the radius on the flares. It creates a swollen look with odd compound curves, particularly in the rear, that muddles the form. A flatter radius would give it a crisp transition and make it more masculine and agressive. It would also carry the nice creases on the hood through the rest of car. The new lights don't offend me, I understand them as integrated sidemarker lights that eliminate a number of visual breaks from the 350. The upswept beltline at the c-pillar is a nice change, but it still doesn't address the rear quarter muddiness. The first thing that comes to my mind is it is tailored like a suit that came from a rack, not from scratch. It's nice but it's not distinct enough to age well. On that note, The g35 has aged well. I still think the coupe is handsome.

I was excited when the 350 came out, I initially thought it was the start of a design language Nissan would develop further, but it hasn't. The nissan model lineup is cohesive, but it doesn't go far enough to explore the premise of the styling cues. It is too conservative and gimmicky. The original 350z debuted in 02 or 03? I see a strong influence of the Audi TT and early '00s German styling, but I don't think the designers at Nissan took it far enough, which isn't uncommon for Japanese manufacturers.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Liked
    855 times

Wow! Almost sounds like one of the "refined" interior designers my wife likes to watch on the HQTV(?) cable channel.

Plus, I do agree on the G35. It has aged well. And they are getting real cheap. In fact, the G35 is probably a good, sane EVO substitute for Richard's son: Rear drive, roomy for friends, friendly insurance rates, not a bad exhaust note, etc.

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    not a bad exhaust note, etc.
    that is debatable.... personally I think the VQ35 sounds awful without a turbo or two.

Liked
    2165 times

They would look better if they looked like a T1 Corvette!
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Liked
    58 times

Quote Originally Posted by Olitho View Post
    They would look better if they looked like a T1 Corvette!
    or at least had the motor... i can't decide!

Liked
    744 times

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Caboose View Post
    Wow! Almost sounds like one of the "refined" interior designers my wife likes to watch on the HQTV(?) cable channel.

Plus, I do agree on the G35. It has aged well. And they are getting real cheap. In fact, the G35 is probably a good, sane EVO substitute for Richard's son: Rear drive, roomy for friends, friendly insurance rates, not a bad exhaust note, etc.
    Yes, I AM a designer. Industrial design is my profession.
    Yer pal,
    Force

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6