+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Reader's Poll: Styling of 350Z v 370Z

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Chris@Xtremespeed's Avatar
    Liked
    48 times

Quote Originally Posted by bawareca View Post
    Would there be a skidpad on the drift event ?
    The drift event is up on the balcony. It's like a big skidpad. The skidpad that's part of the streets will not be used as part of the drift event. BTW, I think the drift event is going on from 4PM - midnight. The same time the streets event is happening. But they are two separate events.

Liked
    58 times

TC?... hasn't bothered me on the street, and didn't really notice it at willow... but can be turned off with a tuner i thought...

350 Style?... front reflectors and backup lights in bumper?.. ew

LOLs?... the evo guy saying the styling sucks.

Liked
    977 times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    LOLs?... the evo guy saying the styling sucks.
    Zing. I do agree though, the Evo is hideously ugly.

Liked
    103 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    You're crazy.

I used to like both 350s and 370s until I found out about all of their design flaws.

Clint, why don't you get a 350Z and race in the new Spec class? That way you won't have to be "boostin' for the b!thches" anymore.
    cause a spec 350 is going to be alot more expensive to campaign then a H2 car. and i dont like alot of the rules for setup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
    I think they are both ugly and honestly would never own either. HOWEVER if I was stuck with one it would be the 370 I suppose mainly for the wider track and extra ponies. Never driven the 370 but I have driven more than one 350 in stock trim and pressurized (greddy tt and hks rotrex) and never liked any of them in terms of handling.
    like i said earlier, the biggest difference with 370 is the suspension geometry, a 370 turns alot better

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@Xtremespeed View Post
    Nismo Diff, and KW suspension, but it's been completely re-valved and set up with proper spring rates tuned to my tastes. Of course being a 350, I have just about every other part of the suspension changed with better A-arms, toe / tie rod links and everything else I need to get proper camber/caster. I've got it down to 3090 lbs.
    nice so good diff and chassis tune, i look forward to getting a clutch type diff more mine, either going to go Os giken or Cusco 1.5.
    does your car have the factory oil to water cooler?

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

Quote Originally Posted by hakeem View Post
    Zing. I do agree though, the Evo is hideously ugly.
    Hey at least evos handle well enough to make up for its ugly mug Better than looking good and still handling poorly.

I have heard good things about the 370 but never driven it so I cannot comment on the improvements. Sadly the 350z's I have driven left a poor enough impression I have very little desire to drive a 370 anytime soon.

Liked
    48 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    nice so good diff and chassis tune, i look forward to getting a clutch type diff more mine, either going to go Os giken or Cusco 1.5.
    does your car have the factory oil to water cooler?
    I would recommend the OS Giken if you're street driving the car. The Nismo and Cusco can get very annoying in normal every day driving. I hear the OS Giken is spectacular.

Liked
    48 times

Hey at least evos handle well enough to make up for its ugly mug Better than looking good and still handling poorly.

I have heard good things about the 370 but never driven it so I cannot comment on the improvements. Sadly the 350z's I have driven left a poor enough impression I have very little desire to drive a 370 anytime soon.
    Evo's don't handle well at all either. You have to do a ton of stuff to an evo to get it not to handle like a FWD car. It does have lots of grip, but that doesn't mean it handles well.

I think the 370 Z stock runs a few seconds faster then a stock EVO at streets (according to DSprot with Tyler Mcquarrie driving both cars)

Liked
    103 times

its night and day dude. the front suspension was simplified and has much better camber curve and caster behavior. the rear suspension of the 370 has alot less anti squat built so it makes for much better rear end traction especially during corner exit, the only things the 350 and 370 share are the rear diff housing and the clutch.

I would recommend the OS Giken if you're street driving the car. The Nismo and Cusco can get very annoying in normal every day driving. I hear the OS Giken is spectacular.
    i have experience with OS giken's in other cars and i like them

Evo's don't handle well at all either. You have to do a ton of stuff to an evo to get it not to handle like a FWD car. It does have lots of grip, but that doesn't mean it handles well.

I think the 370 Z stock runs a few seconds faster then a stock EVO at streets (according to DSprot with Tyler Mcquarrie driving both cars)
    yeah evo's have their own handling issues also.

yeah the 370 tested at 1.26.1 at SOW cw during that Dsport test, then proceeded to over heat its oil next lap LOL. maybe they shoulda tested a 2012 with the oil to water cooler :P

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

ill still take my pig nosed awd snow plow over a 350z.

Stock vs stock I prefer my evo

Modded suspension vs modded suspension I prefer my evo.

I have no problem with Z's or z owners so relax im not attacking you. But for the record my evo handles better than your Z

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    its night and day dude. the front suspension was simplified and has much better camber curve and caster behavior. the rear suspension of the 370 has alot less anti squat built so it makes for much better rear end traction especially during corner exit, the only things the 350 and 370 share are the rear diff housing and the clutch.

yeah the 370 tested at 1.26.1 at SOW cw during that Dsport test, then proceeded to over heat its oil next lap LOL. maybe they shoulda tested a 2012 with the oil to water cooler :P
    lulz, if I ever get the chance to drive one ill definitely jump on it then. Bummer about the cooling issues it seems like "limp mode" is becoming a more common problem for people tracking modern cars.

Liked
    58 times

well my evo had JICs, blew flames and leaded gas out the back... time attacked a 16 at cal speedway infield (beat JC) and a 42 at laguna (only got 2 laps)... all with full interior, the spare tire in the trunk, the radio blasting and the a/c on...

it rode like ****, was loud and the interior was cheap plastic and crappy fabric.. the nav and computer systems were... oh wait.. Evo doesn't have that stuff.

i feel like less of a douche driving a girly, convertible, 3500lb Z..

Liked
    48 times

ill still take my pig nosed awd snow plow over a 350z.

Stock vs stock I prefer my evo

Modded suspension vs modded suspension I prefer my evo.

I have no problem with Z's or z owners so relax im not attacking you. But for the record my evo handles better than your Z
    I know you're not attacking anyone....It's all good. With that said, are you crazy! Do you really think your evo handles better then my Z?

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

I have no idea, I was just fking with you. And im not about to get into an internet argument about hypothetical situations.

Liked
    48 times

I have no idea, I was just fking with you. And im not about to get into an internet argument about hypothetical situations.
    It's not an argument. How a car handles is subjective at best. I don't think an AWD car can ever handle like a RWD car. I'm not saying it's better or worse as everyone has their preferences.

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

I would agree with that. It is a very apples to oranges comparison.

Liked
    1477 times

I owned a heavily modded (everything except F/I) track day '03 350Z Track Model, and heavily modded (at one time 439 awhp / 383 awtq) caged track day '04 Evo VIII RS. I liked the Evo way better. They both came to a sad end, with, as noted in other posts today, the 350Z getting totalled on track, and the Evo blowing its motor and gearbox at the same time (a remarkable feat in itself), and that was about the 5th motor I blew in that car.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    evos handle so much better than 350z's.
    Since the sheriff is being modest I created cliffs notes

Liked
    103 times

lulz, if I ever get the chance to drive one ill definitely jump on it then. Bummer about the cooling issues it seems like "limp mode" is becoming a more common problem for people tracking modern cars.
    how bout i just give you a ride in mine, Richard has me all worried people will wreck my car after his comment earlier LOL

4 doors 2 seats
    Liked
    149 times

hahah I dont blame you. I dont even let family drive my car anymore. The one time I let my dad drive my car he brought it back with 2 curbed wheels. But I will definitely take you up on the offer if I get a chance.

Liked
    103 times

just received some my new wheels for my 370, once i get the tires in ill take a pic, maybe some of you guys will like the look of the car better with different wheels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast