+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rainy, how's your car acting?

Liked
    2 times

Post rainy, how's your car acting?

my car seems to be doing pretty well in the rain. it doesn't skid around as violently as i thought it would even during the heavy downpour today and yesterday. 1/16" front, 80% rear hankook rs2 tires. the only time it gets wiggly is if i'm mid-turn and start to accelerate out.

i noticed a lot of people are getting used to the rain now. everyone seems to be going 60mph with no problems. makes me feel a bit more comfortable driving around them even though i shouldn't.

Liked
    34 times

I'm doing alright in my DD pickup truck. Try to get the tail out here and there in this weather. There is a RR Xing on an intersection by my house that gets pretty slippery in the wet. I look forward going thru there everytime when it rains. Never really drive the elise around anymore. So uncomfy and it will probably leak water in the cockpit when it rains.

Liked
    2 times

I'm running on RT-615s and I feel safe and comfortable.

Liked
    15 times

I'm with Manly. My pickup drives just fine. Some onramp drifts are near unavoidable.

I did take the lotus out in some rain with fresh R888s and they seemed to do just fine.

Liked
    10 times

I was fooling around with my FX35 on & off ramps and correcting it at 80mph just now

You guys can try go 605S to 60E, there is a spot that's not tarmac, it's more like concrete

I once understeer and then oversteer the FX

Right now it's fun on canyon roads
    Last edited by Jaku; 01-25-2008 at 02:19 AM.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    I'm with Manly. My pickup drives just fine. Some onramp drifts are near unavoidable.

I did take the lotus out in some rain with fresh R888s and they seemed to do just fine.
    Hey AJ, did you mount those R888s on the CE28ns?? Mine still haven't come in yet.

And Jaku, you are just Crazy!

Liked
    10 times

The Tokyo Auto Salon might delay your order?

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
    I was fooling around with my FX35 on & off ramps and correcting it at 80mph just now

You guys can try go 605S to 60E, there is a spot that's not tarmac, it's more like concrete

I once understeer and then oversteer the FX

Right now it's fun on canyon roads
    I know that place you're talking about. It's fun ****. I think I like the other side better though. 605N to 60W. Lol!

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    Hey AJ, did you mount those R888s on the CE28ns?? Mine still haven't come in yet.

And Jaku, you are just Crazy!
    No. The R888's replaced the stock A048s on the stock LSS wheels. They will be the street/rain track tires. The slicks are still waiting for the Volks. Not very happy with A-Spec at the moment as they pulled a "you're shipping container arrived today.....oh oops. Those black ones we thought were yours, turns out someone put a deposit on them before you and I didn't know, so you dont get these ones"

crossing my fingers right now that they are in the next container. I'll be calling them today.

Liked
    2 times

No. The R888's replaced the stock A048s on the stock LSS wheels. They will be the street/rain track tires. The slicks are still waiting for the Volks. Not very happy with A-Spec at the moment as they pulled a "you're shipping container arrived today.....oh oops. Those black ones we thought were yours, turns out someone put a deposit on them before you and I didn't know, so you dont get these ones"

crossing my fingers right now that they are in the next container. I'll be calling them today.
    Shouldn't have ordered from A-Spec. What kind of slicks did you get?

Liked
    0 times

I don't drive my Mustang any more beside once in awhile. I'm like the rest driving a truck, and a Toyota 4 runner. Very safe in the ran, and fun trying to kick the rear out. The Mustang is scary in the rain at times. Not good car to screw around when there people around, but very fun in mall parking lot. No ABS and NO Traction control. May not have a lot horsepower but has tons of low end torque so always braking loose. Have to be very soft on the gas and and shifts. If ever got on the gas you burn out in every gear. So I never would pull out in front of people or put gas on in corners. Stopping just as bad. All the weight in front wouldn't stop if locked them up. Years ago my wife was driving it in the rain. Was going down a hill the intersection light turn red so tried to stop but she locked them. Car wouldn't stop, slid through the intersection and toward the oppsite traffic. Luck she didn't hit any one and everyone luckly saw her coming. After that she bought the 4runner.

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by JDMxDB8 View Post
    Shouldn't have ordered from A-Spec. What kind of slicks did you get?
    Avon Tech R a 's because Tire Rack had a killer closeout price on them. They are significantly heavier than comparable Hoosiers or Kuhmos but they were also half the price.

Liked
    1 times

I too am part of the DD truck club. Driving my Tacoma all over and trying to stay out of trouble as well. Very tempting to kick the rear out all over.

Liked
    2 times

Avon Tech R a 's because Tire Rack had a killer closeout price on them. They are significantly heavier than comparable Hoosiers or Kuhmos but they were also half the price.
    Nice...

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

I am definitely enjoying my occasional four wheel drifts and slides. Just have to be very careful though because my electronically controlled quattro isn't the most smooth and progressive thing out there. I need to tame the beast!
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    10 times

I know that place you're talking about. It's fun ****. I think I like the other side better though. 605N to 60W. Lol!
    that's a 2-lane 3rd gear corner

i bet u also know 605N to 10W, it will be fun if u dip ur wheel into the gutter and enter the ramp at 45+mph

so many good ramps

Liked
    6 times

Another for the truck as a DD club.

The Tacoma 4x4 does great in the rain, but where I live snow is just a few miles away. Hit the fire access trails and you become Colin McRae, bouncing through mud puddles, snow drifts, and driving sideways in the valleys. Good stuff!

My actual DD is a Ford Escape (company car) with part time AWD. It handles the rain pretty good, but like the rest of you chaps, I like to step the rear out. Even in the dry. That's easy working out in the low desert (Thermal, Mecca, Salton Sea) where empty, dusty farm roads are the norm. Need to make a u-turn? Just yank the handbrake, slide a few dozen feet, then pitch it into a 180 before mashing out. Very Starsky and Hutch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc01087.jpg  

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
    that's a 2-lane 3rd gear corner

i bet u also know 605N to 10W, it will be fun if u dip ur wheel into the gutter and enter the ramp at 45+mph

so many good ramps
    I usually use 2nd gear for that corner. I think... Or was it 3rd. Lol! I've done the gutter move on the 605N to 10W before. Fun times.

Liked
    10 times

I usually use 2nd gear for that corner. I think... Or was it 3rd. Lol! I've done the gutter move on the 605N to 10W before. Fun times.
    I guess it's my short gears S2000 or torquey GTI, not beneficial to shift down to 2nd for a long downhill corner

Sometimes my data logger shows good things not shifting down cos my shfiting skill aint DSG nor SMG

Liked
    34 times

Good to see we have so many truckers here. truck series anyone? j/k
    dsc00107.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast