+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pix from 2007 Los Angeles Intl' Auto Show

Liked
    34 times

Default Pix from 2007 Los Angeles Intl' Auto Show

Aaron and I went to the show today. Not much new. The highlight was the Nissan GTR. The GTR looked a lot better in person. And I think it will grow on you over time. The other car that looked good in person was the 5 door hatch STI. I think it looks better than the new EVO IMO. The 4 door M3 sedan and 135i was also nice. Aaron being a better photographer will have better pix later. Especially on some of the hotties at the show. Here are the pix I took. Enjoy!

Here are some hotties at the show.

Liked
    2 times

i was there friday. my thoughts, it sucked. nothing intrigued me , nothing was new. best car there had to be the subaru 22r.

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by kenchi View Post
    i was there friday. my thoughts, it sucked. nothing intrigued me , nothing was new. best car there had to be the subaru 22r.
    haha, thats why we started taking pix of girls after awhile.

Liked
    15 times

I was there yesterday and I saw all these new cars and TOTALLY forgot about the GTR..oops.

I really like that little 135i BMW...would make a blast of a daily driver

I'm going back with a buddy and I'll bring my camera and make sure to check out the GTR

nothing new? the Evo, New STi(though the 22b was much more sexy), new camero, 135i, new M3, Lotus 211, LAmbo...whatever its called, GTR, Porsche GT2...blah blah blah..I thought there were a bunch of cool cars. Though I found myself complaining they were all heavy. a bit jaded I'd say.
    Last edited by zjchaser; 11-19-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by kenchi View Post
    wat is 22r ?

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by Jaku View Post
    wat is 22r ?
    I'm gonna guess he means the 22b subaru?

Liked
    34 times

Yeah, the GTR looks pretty nice. I wasn't sure if I'll like it from only the pix. In person, the lines flow much better. It is a huge car though.

The other surprise was the STI. After seeing the new WRX, I wasn't so sure about the new STI. But seeing it in person, that thing is sweet. I don't know what changes they made to the exterior from the regular WRX, but I sure dig it way more than the WRX.

Liked
    34 times

I've seen the Camero last year though it wasn't a convertiable. Lambo was just a body kit with more power. M3 , well yeah it was nice but just didn't excite me that much. The P GT2 looks almost exactly like the GT3 which I've seen many times b4. I wanted to see more nich track cars. Thats why I was not too moved by the show this time around. the 211 was nice.

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    I've seen the Camero last year though it wasn't a convertiable. Lambo was just a body kit with more power. M3 , well yeah it was nice but just didn't excite me that much. The P GT2 looks almost exactly like the GT3 which I've seen many times b4. I wanted to see more nich track cars. Thats why I was not too moved by the show this time around. the 211 was nice.
    oh dont fool yourself, you too are jaded by driving a lotus. None of these manufactures are really going in the direction of "lighter and track oriented"

I think that GT2 is a BEAST., I really dont know what I think of the Evo and the STI. neither make go "wow" or "gross". The M3 just got more fat.

I did have a lengthy chat with the Tesla people though, some interesting stuff there.

And I can see myself buying a 135i in the future for street use. 300hp, 6 piston front brakes, nice size...

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    I'm gonna guess he means the 22b subaru?
    i know 22b, but i donno 22r

and since he is mentioning the best car in the show, so i didn't assume he would mis-spell it

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Here are my car photos from the auto show... the "girls of the auto show" pics will be up tomorrow.

Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    1477 times

Default L.A. Auto Show -- My Humble Review

I went to the L.A. Auto Show last night. It was a pretty dull show, not as good a last year's. I can honestly say the Lotus 2-eleven track-only car was the Best In Show (defined by me as the car I would most like to own). The rest of my quick reveiw:

1st Runner-up: Nissan GT-R (this thing is a monster)

2nd Runner-up: Honda S2000 CR (they really got this one right)

Most Beautiful Car: Maserati Gran Turismo (but loses points for no manual gearbox available)

Biggest Disappointment: Lamborghini Reventon (an extra $1 million over the price of a "regular" Murcielago--for what???)

Ugliest Car: BMW 135i

Really Ugliest Car: Subaru STI (I predict Mistubishi is going to sell a lot of EVO X's).

Sorry I didn't bring a camera, but you should be able to find pics in lots of other places. Here are two pics of my favorite I got from EliseTalk:

Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by zjchaser View Post
    oh dont fool yourself, you too are jaded by driving a lotus. None of these manufactures are really going in the direction of "lighter and track oriented"
    And I can see myself buying a 135i in the future for street use. 300hp, 6 piston front brakes, nice size...

You got me there.

The 135i is not much lighter/smaller than the 3 series. No wonder it needs 6 pot brakes.

Liked
    34 times

Richard hope you don't mind me merging your thread.

Aaron dislike the STI too. And I thought the s2k CR was a joke. Looks too much like the Fast and Furious (more like Slow and Curious) Street racer look. they are simply trying too hard on that one.

Liked
    1477 times

I've gotten a lot of flack for saying I like the S2000 CR. I disagree that it's too FastnFurious. I sat in it for a while and felt the driving position and controls. It felt right. The wing and ground effects are funtional. They removed the soft top and gave it a removable hardtop only.

It needs a better suspension, real roll bar and r-compunds, and then you take it to the track. It will beat a regular S2000 for sure.

Liked
    546 times

I've had the good fortune of working with Honda over the years (primarily motorcycle related), and they just don't DO baloney stuff. If they say the car will have more stiffness and downforce...they'll mean it. In general, all of their engineering is as much art as function...art in the true sense.

Steve

Liked
    34 times

The look on the CR just don't do it for me. Its nice that they removed the soft top to cut weight. Other than that, nothing's changed. Its just a base s2k with body kit, right? I'm sure there are plenty of easy/reasonablely priced aftermarket solution for more downforce that looks way better.

Motorsports Photographer imager993's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

And after I became bored with the cars, I started looking to other interests...

My collection of the girls of the LA Auto Show
    Last edited by imager993; 11-21-2007 at 02:31 AM.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    I've gotten a lot of flack for saying I like the S2000 CR. I disagree that it's too FastnFurious. I sat in it for a while and felt the driving position and controls. It felt right. The wing and ground effects are funtional. They removed the soft top and gave it a removable hardtop only.

It needs a better suspension, real roll bar and r-compunds, and then you take it to the track. It will beat a regular S2000 for sure.
    you don't need to do anything and the CR is faster than a stock regular S2000 at Honda test course by 2s (2 mins course)

and there is no difference in terms of sitting position between CR & regular S2000

CR has DBW, that's gonna limit it's potential of tuning until someone knows how to do it right

the only good thing I will steal over from CR would be their quicker steering rack!

here is the major list of difference of CR
    1. remove soft top
    2. remove A/C
    3. stiffer spring/shocks
    4. quicker steering rack
    5. cloth seats
    6. stiffen sway bars
    7. RE070 wider tires
    8. remove spare
    9. aluminum hard top

all this for $2000 more

Liked
    34 times

Guess I was wrong about the CR being a base S2000 with body kit. Actually for $2k more thats a pretty darn good deal. But I still don't like the way it looks. Thanks for the info Jaku.

BTW Aaron, those large watermarks really messed up the images. Sorry I didn't make the new logo in time. Well, I just finished creating the new transparent logo for the watermark. It should be a little better for future uploads now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast