+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 59 of 59
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Physical conditioning for racers

  1. #41
    Senior Member Neocataboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pomona
    Posts
    361
    Liked
    116 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    It is an acquired taste, young man.
    If you like that Bourbon, how do you feel about single malt scotch?

    Macallan Sherry Oak Scotch Cask Strength 114@ 750ML

    Cask Strength too...

    I particularly like Tequila, i got into the really dark Anejos and they were like a stepping stone to me liking Whiskey. I cant get enough of that Bourbon and Scotch now.

  2. #42
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,502
    Liked
    2283 times

    Default

    Boy, has this thread gone awry.

  3. #43
    OJR
    OJR is offline
    Senior Member OJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chino, CA
    Posts
    308
    Liked
    102 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Boy, has this thread gone awry.
    TrackHQ Physical Conditioning = Alcohol
    mlk_f1 and hakeem like this.
    Just a guy racing stuff. #GetSickTour
    Facebook Instagram

  4. #44
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,502
    Liked
    2283 times

    Default

    Or should I say gone a-rye!


  5. #45
    Senior Member mlk_f1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    18,157
    Liked
    34 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Or should I say gone a-rye!

    haha as usual.


    Me likes cask strength too. One of my favorite so far is the limited lagavulin 12yr. the flavors just explodes on your palate, especially without the addition of water.

  6. #46
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,867
    Liked
    1433 times

    Default

    If you're Manly Kao, you prepare for your competition by smoking a cigar while wearing an open face helmet in the practice sessions.
    hakeem likes this.

  7. #47
    Administrator ucfbrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ventura, Calif.
    Posts
    5,502
    Liked
    2283 times

    Default

    I really enjoyed a bottle of The Arran malt, probably 18 years old—I don't recall—at full cask strength. I think it was about $100 for the bottle, which emptied more quickly than I would have liked. I just finished a bottle of 14-year-old Oban, which also was a nice Highland malt. Lots of caramel in it.

  8. #48
    Pro Lurker GreyFocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LA eerr day
    Posts
    2,038
    Liked
    103 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard EVO View Post
    It is an acquired taste, young man.
    well sounds like its worth a shot, whats the worst that could happen

    Quote Originally Posted by OJR View Post
    TrackHQ Physical Conditioning = Alcohol
    you know me too well :P

  9. #49
    Senior Member mlk_f1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    18,157
    Liked
    34 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    If you're Manly Kao, you prepare for your competition by smoking a cigar while wearing an open face helmet in the practice sessions.
    I wonder if you'll get black flag for that haha. speaking of competing. I did have a hangover half of the time when i competed at RTA on Sundays. Saturday I was good

    Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    I just finished a bottle of 14-year-old Oban, which also was a nice Highland malt. Lots of caramel in it.
    Yep I like Oban 14 too.

  10. #50
    Pro Lurker GreyFocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LA eerr day
    Posts
    2,038
    Liked
    103 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    I wonder if you'll get black flag for that haha. speaking of competing. I did have a hangover half of the time when i competed at RTA on Sundays. Saturday I was good

    .
    Didnt we all? i thought thats how we won and set records
    mlk_f1 likes this.

  11. #51
    Senior Member mlk_f1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    18,157
    Liked
    34 times

    Default

    ^ you just reminded me the worst hangover I had at the track. 2009 RTA SMMP LOL, that was bad real bad on sunday, at least for me.

  12. #52
    Pro Lurker GreyFocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LA eerr day
    Posts
    2,038
    Liked
    103 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    ^ you just reminded me the worst hangover I had at the track. 2009 RTA SMMP LOL, that was bad real bad on sunday, at least for me.
    ooo man LMAO. for anyone here who doesnt know this story, not only did Manly run off into the dark of night with a Jose Cuervo handle, he would reappear into the light of our pit camp and yell, then run back into the dark. Then later, when the gates were suppose to be open when AJ and Manly wanted to go to there hotel, they were not, so i used my cordless impact and a adjustable wrench to unbolt the gate arm so they could escape LMAO
    mlk_f1 likes this.

  13. #53
    The Real Captain Slow Red_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    4,211
    Liked
    716 times

    Default

    As much as I like booze . . .

    Clint, some of that riding I'd guess could end up not being very good for you. When I live in Southern Oregon I did a little park riding but was too much a sissy or started too old to get good but it was lots of fun. I also raced BMX into my early 30s, never got very good but a fun way to get a workout. I need to dust off my Standard cruiser and get some gates.

    Maybe we should start a booze thread. I'm always looking for a good bottle of whiskey.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

  14. #54
    Senior Member robburgoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,867
    Liked
    1433 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    I wonder if you'll get black flag for that haha.
    I'm not sure if there is actually a rule against it.

  15. #55
    Senior Member mlk_f1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    18,157
    Liked
    34 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFocus View Post
    ooo man LMAO. for anyone here who doesnt know this story, not only did Manly run off into the dark of night with a Jose Cuervo handle, he would reappear into the light of our pit camp and yell, then run back into the dark. Then later, when the gates were suppose to be open when AJ and Manly wanted to go to there hotel, they were not, so i used my cordless impact and a adjustable wrench to unbolt the gate arm so they could escape LMAO
    i dont remember most of the details man. All i can recall are the fireworks and the gate(that was a classic). then the next day was miserable, 100+ temp, big headache, dehydration. haha

  16. #56
    Senior Member mlk_f1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, United States
    Posts
    18,157
    Liked
    34 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robburgoon View Post
    I'm not sure if there is actually a rule against it.
    Our sheriff can give it a try. he can just give them the finger again if they do throw the black flag.

  17. #57
    Pro Lurker GreyFocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LA eerr day
    Posts
    2,038
    Liked
    103 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    As much as I like booze . . .

    Clint, some of that riding I'd guess could end up not being very good for you. When I live in Southern Oregon I did a little park riding but was too much a sissy or started too old to get good but it was lots of fun. I also raced BMX into my early 30s, never got very good but a fun way to get a workout. I need to dust off my Standard cruiser and get some gates.

    Maybe we should start a booze thread. I'm always looking for a good bottle of whiskey.
    yeah i know if i have a bad fall i could get hurt, i used to race and i used to ride park contests professionally. those were the times i would get the most hurt. when i started to get into motorsports, i rode contests less to stay healthy. Now when i ride, i just do it for fun and exercise, and i stick to the tricks i know how to do. Also i ware a decent amount of safety gear.

  18. #58
    Pro Lurker GreyFocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LA eerr day
    Posts
    2,038
    Liked
    103 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    i dont remember most of the details man. All i can recall are the fireworks and the gate(that was a classic). then the next day was miserable, 100+ temp, big headache, dehydration. haha
    o damn i forgot about the fireworks LMAO

  19. #59
    dirty smack talker hakeem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,076
    Liked
    977 times

    Default

    A fine choice, unfortunately the duty fee at Heathrow doesn't seem as 'cheap' as it used to be. Maybe I am just getting poorer.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts