+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Richard EVO

Thread: Pay me $25 Million for an entry level job . . .

Liked
    1477 times

Default Pay me $25 Million for an entry level job . . .

This thread has nothing to do with car racing or HPDE, but it satisfies the "General Discussion" rules.

So today, Phil Jackson, general manager (or whatever) of the New York Knickerbockers NBA professional basketball team, hired just-retired Oklahoma Thunder back-up Guard Derek Fisher to be the Knicks Head Coach, for a 5-year contract worth $25 Million Dollars. Fisher played many great seasons for my beloved L.A. Lakers.

As far as I can tell, Fisher has never coached basketball before, nevermind not having been a head coach in College or the Pros. He's been a player in College and the NBA for about the last 20+ years.

I love the guy, but this deal makes about as much sense as paying $2 Billion to buy the L.A. Clippers. Where to I get a piece of this action?
    Olitho likes this.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    140 times

It's not what you know, it's who you know...This will never change

+ Reply to Thread