+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Is Paul Walker Really Dead?

Liked
    854 times

Quote Originally Posted by cosmin View Post
    Jesus christ.. what kind of sick jollies do you get by ****ting on the guy?? He was a nice guy, into cars, and he died too soon. You're unbelievable.
    I think you read too much into Richard's post. This was a really tragic accident, but the cult of celebrity can sometimes blind people to the facts of the matter. Why is his death more tragic than so many others?

The fact that he is a B+/A- grade (but not legendary) celebrity should not detract from the fact that he (or his driver) seems to have shown very bad judgment - almost like princess Diana, who was practically deified for an avoidable tragedy - leaving her children London, partying with Paris, and not using a seat belt. Very nice people in both cases, but we seem to disproportionally mourn famous nice people. This is a natural reaction, but I am not sure that it is an appropriate one. How about the tragic death a some "nameless" kid who is someone's son, brother, and husband? If anything, Paul Walker should have know better than most that streets are for transportation and tracks are for recreation.

Liked
    2165 times

Well said Mr. Caboose.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif Blackbird's Avatar
    Liked
    1882 times

Mr. Caboose does bring up good points, but choosing the day of the guy's tragic death to go criticizing his acting career is a bit dickish.
    The guy was a true car enthusiast, a racer, an icon to a generation that grew up on his work and a good guy by all accounts.
    Some of the local guys knew him in person, I never met him but a he was good friends with one of my friends..
    So yeah, lots of people are hurting over this on a few different levels, showing some basic sensitivity isn't a bad idea.

The driver of the vehicle was an experienced racer on his own right that was running in one of the Boss 302 Mustangs in World Challenge, so by no means a stranger to high power or high speeds.
    There was word about power steering fluid trail leading to the place of the accident, who knows what happened.
    FWIW, while there's no doubt some speed was involved in this crash, I have a hard time thinking that this was 100% driver's fault.
    Someone who's has been competing on such high level has BTDT, to me it seems like a mechanical problem that combined with speed added up to a terrible result.

Liked
    641 times

Not a 100% driver's fault agree,but that is why we are not supposed to do crazy things on the streets,because the driver has no full control over the situation.I feel I did get away unscathed from more potentially fatal situations than an average Joe,and that is not because I am a very good driver.I am sure most of us here live 2nd,3rd or 7th live,but even the cats have only 7 lives.
    Looks like once we get used to a high speed environment we start to underestimate the speed,big time.80 mph looks like a completely safe rate of speed.I can confess that I have tested the race in the small residential streets around my house,without even strapping the harness.It goes to 70-80 mph in just few hundred feet and feels "normal",but what could happen if.........
    Pure EvoIX likes this.

Liked
    71 times

I didn't come in here crying about his death, but even if one of you assholes died I'd still expect the other assholes here to show a little bit of respect for at least a few days.

Liked
    1477 times

I didn't come in here crying about his death, but even if one of you assholes died I'd still expect the other assholes here to show a little bit of respect for at least a few days.
    The rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Liked
    70 times

Thanks asshole
    redtopz likes this.
    -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3