+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The origin of your username

http://www.trackhq.com/Banners/yellowsitesponsor.gif emilio700's Avatar
    Liked
    2391 times

I signed up for my first email account on Yahoo back in 97-98 when I was working in the bicycle industry. Emilio@ was already taken so I added the diameter of a road bicycle wheel = 700c
    To keep things simple I use emilio700 pretty much everywhere unless it's 949Racing.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Not Certified Slow SDSUsnowboards's Avatar
    Liked
    742 times

Quote Originally Posted by heelntoe View Post
    I found that pretty impressive, actually.

SDSU = San Diego State University. I made this screen name right at the beginning of my freshman year.
    snowboards= I was really into snowboarding at the time. My goal was to join the snowboard club and compete in the slalom but lack of wealth made that impossible. I quite snowboarding after obtaining a motorcycle at around 22 years old in order to balance my budget. After selling the motorcycle I refrained from snowboarding due to lack of health insurance.

I've never seen anyone else use this username, so it seems to have been a good choice.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Liked
    742 times

Well, sonny boy, the McCocken name traces waaay back to the Scottish low-land tribes. My brother, Jacob, or "Jock" carries on the our fine family tradition of superb Golfing skill. Our grandfather was a ball striker of some notoriety, perhaps some of you may have heard of him, Bruce "Putt" McCocken. Unfortunately, I do not possess the skills of my family heritage. Being left-handed, my swing was neither fluid nor especially accurate, so my game seemed "forced", hence my first name, "Force". My real first name is actually Robert, or Bob for short.
    Last edited by Force McCocken; 06-19-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Liked
    2242 times

^^ The avatar, the folklore. It just keeps getting better.

Liked
    114 times

Quote Originally Posted by heelntoe View Post
    [video=youtube;0gh6hzs_7Kc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gh6hzs_7Kc[video]
    LOL, OMG. I got the chills watching that. Took me back to the time. I dressed just like those guys and everything. Seriously, how embarrassing. Interestingly enough, i did use this game to supplement my running. I was a distance runner in high school and when i started college, a set of 5 songs would wind me in the same manner as running a mile at race pace.

Liked
    2242 times

Quote Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
    My name is a combination of 2 themes. Red 5 was Luke Skywalker's call sign during the battle that destroyed the first Death Star in Star Wars A New Hope. Also, I have a red MX-5.
    Nerd alert.

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by Neocataboi View Post
    LOL, OMG. I got the chills watching that. Took me back to the time. I dressed just like those guys and everything. Seriously, how embarrassing. Interestingly enough, i did use this game to supplement my running. I was a distance runner in high school and when i started college, a set of 5 songs would wind me in the same manner as running a mile at race pace.
    Oh excellent, I did cross country and 1 and 2 mile. I feel like a hipster when it comes to running. We did it before it was cool for all these freaking 20 and 30 somethings to do their half marathons.
    Last edited by robburgoon; 06-19-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Liked
    142 times

The etymology for my user name is simple. Johnny is just another form of my first name and 7 is for the RX-7 (FC) I once owned.
    If nothing happens and there is no one around why did it not happen?

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
    I found that pretty impressive, actually.
    Pretty slow song as DDR goes, just nice choreography to an easy song.

Liked
    641 times

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Se7en View Post
    The etymology for my user name is simple. Johnny is just another form of my first name and 7 is for the RX-7 (FC) I once owned.
    I always thought your user name is related to the movie "SEVEN" Maybe it is just the way it is written,or may be some of your posts........

Liked
    545 times

I don't remember why I picked this username. They do say the memory is the second thing to go...

Steve

Sir flink
    Liked
    552 times

Was playing my first game of multiplayer Quake before half of you were born. After spending about an hour getting the stupid 10baseT LAN to work I was told I needed a screen name, so I typed in the first thing which entered my head.

One of my pals had a screen name "his gay lover". I couldn't work out why until he blew me up and the console emitted "flink was killed by his gay lover". Later, flink fragged his gay lover.
    Olitho, jimt and DocNrock like this.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by ucfbrett View Post
    Some of us have, well, interesting usernames. Our pal Force, Pucsicsal, Slave4Metal and Bawareca come immediately to mind. I wondered if you all might be into sharing where your names came from. I'll even go first.

My name is Brett (not Brent; I still don't know who he is) and I graduated from UCF in Orlando. About 10 years ago, I was trying to figure out an email name for a Hotmail account that would not involve a lot of numbers because so many others had chosen the same name. When I typed in UCFBrett, it was still available, and I've been using it ever since.

...you're gonna make me do it:

Hailey Woodruff | Los Angeles, CA | Rock / Progressive / Hard Rock | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

Cars and metal music - something about the two keeps me going, so I am enslaved... every penny I make, every breath I take; can't help muhself.
    Last edited by Slave4Metal; 06-20-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Liked
    1429 times

Quote Originally Posted by flink View Post
    Was playing my first game of multiplayer Quake before half of you were born. After spending about an hour getting the stupid 10baseT LAN to work I was told I needed a screen name, so I typed in the first thing which entered my head.

One of my pals had a screen name "his gay lover". I couldn't work out why until he blew me up and the console emitted "flink was killed by his gay lover". Later, flink fragged his gay lover.
    Doom deathmatch with 4 players on a BBS. Oh yeah.

Liked
    464 times

I'd like to say somthing witty. or cool. But fact is. I'm lazy. Oh sure I had some wacky cool user names in the past. To conseal my true Identity. gpb510, 5ndimeracing, DrMcSpanky. But now it's just my name.
    Last edited by Gian; 06-20-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Liked
    32 times

i'm asian and i had rice so i wanted azngotrice but it was taken for everything back in 1995 so i choose something that went with "got"... so went with gotmilk

Liked
    3 times

I sometimes track with the Golden Gate Lotus Club and my Noble is no Lotus. Likewise, my Lotus is no Noble.
    Last edited by No Lotus; 06-20-2012 at 04:44 AM.
    2005 Noble M400, upgraded to 500+ hp.
    2005 Elise S2 SCCA T2 legal

Liked
    27 times

For those who don't know, I'm a general surgeon. I also played lead guitar in a couple of bands back in the day. I've been using DocNrock since the mid '90s. RockinDoc and anything like it was already taken back then.
    2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Liked
    35 times

Randomly generated by ISP in the late 90's.

Liked
    1477 times

Quote Originally Posted by DocNrock View Post
    For those who don't know, I'm a general surgeon. I also played lead guitar in a couple of bands back in the day. I've been using DocNrock since the mid '90s. RockinDoc and anything like it was already taken back then.

Lead guitar? I didn't know that. What bands where you in?
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - track day car
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast